WSJ - 'Equity' is a Mandate to Discriminate

2,558 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by UTExan
5StarShield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This Op-Ed by Charles Lipson was back in March but recently shared with me. You can't miss this word being used by all individuals, institutions, or corporations that kneel at the alter of "woke".

Link to Article
Quote:

Equality means equal treatment, unbiased competition and impartially judged outcomes. Equity means equal outcomes, achieved if necessary by unequal treatment, biased competition and preferential judging.

Those who push for equity have hidden these crucial differences for a reason. They aren't merely unpopular; they challenge America's bedrock principle that people should be treated equally and judged as individuals, not as members of groups.
javajaws
AG
Equality yes, equity no.
Mayor West
AG
Heard a high ranking DoD civilian speak recently to Navy Flag and SES leadership and he said, "Equality is achieved through equity."
5StarShield
AG
We've been asleep at the wheel while this dogma has been getting taught throughout our education system and then infiltrated the ranks of all of our larger institutions.
titan
S
Mayor West said:

Heard a high ranking DoD civilian speak recently to Navy Flag and SES leadership and he said, "Equality is achieved through equity."
The next international war won't have good guys on either side.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
MouthBQ98
AG
Oppression is used to create equity, which actually means ownership of a share or portion in something.
chris1515
AG
It is interesting how the word "equity" came into such widespread use in such a seemingly short period of time.
Signel
AG
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?
Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?...
The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 19181956
oysterbayAG
AG
I like the line I once heard " Give everyone a sporting chance "
titan
S

Great quote. That is exactly the response that rated. For all their faults, the Islamists probably have that part down right.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ozzy Osbourne
Diversity Inclusion Equity.
The new slogan of the communist party
titan
S

True Dat. Along with "social justice"
FrioAg 00:
P.H. Dexippus
AG

"Bias Interrupters"
bmks270
AG
"Identifier" based opt in communication and engagement opportunities? So these communications and opportunities aren't open to everyone? Sounds discriminatory, not very inclusive.
UTExan
Mayor West said:

Heard a high ranking DoD civilian speak recently...
I stopped reading right there. Government shill/mouthpiece on a speaking tour=propaganda.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.