NG "deployment" to DC now rates specific ribbons

3,008 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by APHIS AG
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't make this stuff up I swear. A DC deployment is still more dangerous than a Kuwait deployment and rates at least one of two different uniform ribbons. (inside joke for those who have done tours overseas.)

Quote:

The District of Columbia National Guard Presidential Inauguration Support Ribbon, top, and the District of Columbia Emergency Service Ribbon. The D.C. National Guard plans to award at least one of two ribbons to all soldiers and airmen who supported the security mission before, during and after the 59th presidential inauguration in recognition of their service.
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/national-guard-troops-to-receive-ribbons-for-protecting-nation-s-capital-1.664628

What do you do when you have found to be a farce? Well, if you are a DC critter, you double down of course! Deployment ribbons for everyone!! Give it 20 years and the "vets of the 59th inauguration" fought down the crazed masses of racist Trumpers with bayonets, hand to hand techniques and steely resolve while protecting our sovereign leaders like the heroic AOC who was leading on the frontlines when they were overran.

Just thought this whole thing was humorous and wanted to share.
Teslag
AG
I wonder if they will get a SSI-FWTS and a CAB for going toe to toe with a man in a shaman costume?
jagvocate
AG
Hard to laugh at what the techno-Marxists have done to us.
C@LAg
should have saved the threads to make guidelines so that Biden can find his way around the White House.

red for the potty
white for the kitchen
blue for his bed

These are literal participation trophies.
FCBlitz
Do you have to wear those ribbons?
Skillet Shot
We get shiny arm bands with cool numbers
JABQ04
AG
Not the Joes fault. Some Colonel or CSM who hadn't deployed yet decided they needed some more bling to feel relevant.
WBBQ74
AG
If they actually saw the Shaman Guy do they get a 'V' for valor? I am a retired ARNG type so I completely get the BS factor on this. Many years ago in my RA 2LT days a grizzled ole NCO told me that the first 'medal' that means anything is a PH and that anything worn 'lower' than that is just BS. I have found that to be true over the decades. This latest 'RC Participation' medal set is another in a long line of BS.
UTExan
Should be ochre yellow bars with chunk vomitus device to commemorate the raw food they were fed by corrupt contractors with gray edging to commemorate the parking garage they slept in.
For these guys breakfast was a roll with juice box because the food was so bad.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
BuddysBud
AG
Now the military is giving participation trophies?
APHIS AG
This is only for the DC NG. All other States that sent troops are not eligible unless their legislatures approve them.
YouBet
AG
Utterly embarrassing.

Equivalent to a project team having a T-shirt made to commemorate an IT project that was deployed (and most likely 6-18 months late to boot).
ABATTBQ11
AG
BuddysBud said:

My first thought
AggieIce
AG
Trying to gain favor and loyalty of their 'chosen' military.

Leads us down a road similar to the SS
BadMoonRisin
AG
Well, they said POTATUS or his handlers might try to use 1/6 as another 9/11...but this is even worse. Sounds like he's trying to make this Vietnam.

Pathetic. I wonder what the rank and file feel about getting this special medal after being rucked up in a cold ass parking garage for a week, after being huddled for photo ops in the Capitol building during a "pandemic".
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
VarkAg77
AG
YGBSM!
Gradaggie05
AG
Sounds similar to the Cold War Victory Medal

Only state NGs to authorized to wear them? Louisiana, Alaska, and Texas.

[url] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_Victory_Medal[/url]
Scud Runner
What disability percentage can you tack on if your cell phone battery died and you were bored on the cold parking garage floor?
JABQ04
AG
BuddysBud said:

Been doing it for awhile.
Teslag
AG
BuddysBud said:

Are you familiar with the National Defense Service Medal?
Aggie Infantry
B-1 83
AG
Eliminatus said:

Can't make this stuff up I swear. A DC deployment is still more dangerous than a Kuwait deployment and rates at least one of two different uniform ribbons. (inside joke for those who have done tours overseas.)

Quote:

The District of Columbia National Guard Presidential Inauguration Support Ribbon, top, and the District of Columbia Emergency Service Ribbon. The D.C. National Guard plans to award at least one of two ribbons to all soldiers and airmen who supported the security mission before, during and after the 59th presidential inauguration in recognition of their service.
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/national-guard-troops-to-receive-ribbons-for-protecting-nation-s-capital-1.664628

What do you do when you have found to be a farce? Well, if you are a DC critter, you double down of course! Deployment ribbons for everyone!! Give it 20 years and the "vets of the 59th inauguration" fought down the crazed masses of racist Trumpers with bayonets, hand to hand techniques and steely resolve while protecting our sovereign leaders like the heroic AOC who was leading on the frontlines when they were overran.

Just thought this whole thing was humorous and wanted to share.
Don't forget the caps: Proud Washington D.C. Inauguration Vet
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
SquirrellyDan
AG
Scud Runner said:

What disability percentage can you tack on if your cell phone battery died and you were bored on the cold parking garage floor?

Add that to sleep apnea eating they developed from getting fat eating leftover burritos.
wbt5845
AG
Oak leaf cluster for getting the trots from bad food?
Slyfox07
AG
Military decoration system needs a massive overhaul. 90% of the medals and ribbons mean nothing.

We need to draw a line somewhere around MSM and punt everything below it. A medal just for PCS'ing!? GTFO.

There are kids a day out of basic/ROTC/OCS walking around with 3 ribbons on. Seeing somebody with no ribbons on their chest should be the standard, so that if you see somebody with a ribbon it should catch your attention.

As it stands now, even if somebody earned a DFC or a Navy Cross I wouldn't even notice it in that fruit salad of noise everybody has by their 6th year of service
Slyfox07
AG
BuddysBud said:

Has been for a while
wbt5845
AG
nm
EW2
S
SquirrellyDan said:

Scud Runner said:

Add that to sleep apnea eating they developed from getting fat eating leftover burritos.
50% rating for sleep apnea secondary to service connected hurt feelings is granted.
BuddysBud
AG
slyfox07 said:

Military decoration system needs a massive overhaul. 90% of the medals and ribbons mean nothing.

We need to draw a line somewhere around MSM and punt everything below it. A medal just for PCS'ing!? GTFO.

There are kids a day out of basic/ROTC/OCS walking around with 3 ribbons on. Seeing somebody with no ribbons on their chest should be the standard, so that if you see somebody with a ribbon it should catch your attention.

As it stands now, even if somebody earned a DFC or a Navy Cross I wouldn't even notice it in that fruit salad of noise everybody has by their 6th year of service

Exactly! Just like participation trophies. If everyone gets a prize, what is the incentive to put in extra effort to win.

If real honors are lost in the noise of phony ribbons why make any extra effort?

Your example is a small example of how Marxism cannot succeed. If everyone gets the same reward regardless of effort, then there is no point in excelling. Effort eventually declines to the most lazy, incompetent person.

And supposedly smart professors, teachers, administrators, and "educated" professionals cannot seem to understand this basic flaw in their preferred political philosophy.
AGHouston11
AG
It's not the NG soldiers fault. They left paying jobs and families to DC at the orders of the ruling Leftists.

All in a fake narrative that somehow they are in danger inside the capital.
DevilD77
AG
Salute The Marines said:

BuddysBud said:

Are you familiar with the National Defense Service Medal?
National Defense Service Medal - I was alive in '75!

replaced by the

Army Service Ribbon - Back for more in '84!

and since the first Gulf War, they brought the National Defense Service Medal back.

These are truly participation trophies, unlike the actual theater deployment medals for those who were put in harm's way.
Showertime at the Bidens

There should be a patch in the shape of a parking garage.

BuddysBud
AG
AGHouston11 said:

It's not the NG soldiers fault. They left paying jobs and families to DC at the orders of the ruling Leftists.

All in a fake narrative that somehow they are in danger inside the capital.

No one is blaming the NG.
As you point out the fake narrative is what makes this ridiculous.
Teslag
AG
slyfox07 said:

Im going through this now at the end of our deployment for "tour awards". I have several four year TIS or so SPC's with 2 or 3 AAM's and an ARCOM, and all have been "earned" for reserve time annual training events. So for an entire deployment in Iraq the best I can throw their way is another AAM or ARCOM, and they are like "that's all?". It's completely broken.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.