Here's where churches are headed...

13,033 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whatthehey78
Showertime at the Bidens
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can vouch for this personally.

Quote:

In 2015, GracePointe Church in Nashville became one of the first large Evangelical churches to affirm same sex marriage. Today, they no longer believe the Bible is the Word of God.

https://notthebee.com/article/heres-the-trajectory-your-church-will-follow-once-its-gone-woke

Sid Farkas
AG
I didnt leave the Episcopal Church 30 years ago...The Episcopal Church left me
annie88
AG
If they don't believe in the word of God then they're not really a church.

They can just be there and chant and sing and do whatever but they're not a church if they're not believing in the word of God
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
anaggieshusband
There is a problem when people replace the word " right" with " positive"
Sometimes, the right thing is unpleasant.
And anything that feels negative isn't always wrong.
Irish 2.0
I think Catholics are staring another Reformation squarely in the face if they don't start pushing back on Francis
Old Army Ghost
cmag
As a non-Christian, can someone explain to me what a church that doesn't believe the bible is the word of God is? That just sounds like a get together.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Those Churches who reject the Bible as God's word are playing the part of the serpent in the garden. "...Did God really say?"
Showertime at the Bidens
It reminds me of Scalia talking about the 'living, breathing Constitution' argument.

Imagine a Supreme Court Justice coming home from work and saying "Honey, I had another case about Constitutional law today."
"Oh really, what did the Constitution say?
"Whatever I wanted it to..."
Rapier108
This is why mainstream churches are dying, or the individual churches are leaving the denominations.

Too many churches today like this one have become nothing but social clubs were liberals can check off the box of "I go to church."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Liberalism is a religion and it trumps all teachings.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
TXAG 05
AG
cmag said:

As a non-Christian, can someone explain to me what a church that doesn't believe the bible is the word of God is? That just sounds like a get together.

Bingo
Funky Winkerbean
AG
cmag said:

Tax free cash grab.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Burdizzo
AG
ELCA and looking
A Net Full of Jello
AG
cmag said:

Church of the World which is spoken about all throughout the Bible, and not in a positive way.
UTExan
cmag said:

You got the crux of the problem right there. If they don't believe in the Word of God, how can they believe that Jesus came in the flesh, was crucified, died and was buried, rose again and will come to judge the world? That is the very core of any Christian faith.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Maroon Dawn
AG
The thing that will kill western society is the idea of infinite tolerance

Somehow "don't persecute others for their beliefs" morphed into "every idea is equally good and there are no boundaries or limits on behavior and no idea should be encouraged over others"

It's like if families allowed children to vote which parent was in charge and only voted for the one that said "there are no rules, chores, expectations or consequences" and then being shocked when the kids raised under this system become worthless adults who do nothing but bring society down
angus55
I think even Joel Osteen stil says the Bible is the Word of God.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Showertime at the Bidens

Agree. Christian churches are going all-in on inclusive tivity at the expense of their beliefs.

Meanwhile Islam is expanding across the world without giving up any of its Dogma. That's a head scratcher for pastors...

Showertime at the Bidens
Maroon Dawn said:

It's like if families allowed children to vote which parent was in charge and only voted for the one that said "there are no rules, chores, expectations or consequences" and then being shocked when the kids raised under this system become worthless adults who do nothing but bring society down

I think you just described half the kids of divorced parents.
pdc093
Troutslime said:

cmag said:

Tax free cash grab.

Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a WINNER!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My church will never make such statements.
zephyr88
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

My church will never make such statements.
Neither will mine... but then again, my church is not affiliated with one of the "major" religions and is a "Bible based church", so I wouldn't expect them to do anything but teach the Word.
Ag87H2O
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

cmag said:

Church of the World which is spoken about all throughout the Bible, and not in a positive way.
The apostate church -

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV
Onceaggie2.0
Yep church in the galleria area has in their marquee "black lives matter to us and god"

Would love for a blm riot to destroy their church
84AGEC
AG
Prophecy
Cassius
Sodom, we are quickly becoming.
Cassius
Ag87H2O said:

A Net Full of Jello said:

cmag said:

The apostate church -

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people."
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV

That scripture is a perfect description of this nation.
fredfredunderscorefred
Interesting

I read the bible beginning to end and then later got into researching manuscripts etc. it kinda started with the thought of "I can go to my local Christian book store and buy the Bible; when did people start having the ability do to that?" Many insomnia-induced nights of reading about when the earliest manuscripts were found, who wrote them, how many exist etc.

The bible as we know it has the history including martin luther and council of nicaea. Some churches dont have the same "books" as other churches (hello catholic wedding e.g.). We know books were written by humans (matthew mark john etc). And we know all of us humans are not perfect. Heck, we even know some books of the bible have differences compared to other books (see the first four of the NT)

So yes, it is a compilation if ancient manuscripts. And for me personally, it is the best compilation out there that provides an excellent guide to life and how to live life. And even moreso for me personally, it made my faith in God and Christ stronger the more i read about it. It is hard if not impossible to know all these writings and know actual world history (yes, a man named Jesus actually did walk this earth) and NOT believe. That latter realization has made me even gone so far to talk with my pastor about somewhat feeling the Church has lost an opportunity to spread the news by taking the actual "historicity" out of the bible and making it almost mythical.

Oh - and this church seems cookoo af (not because of the bible stiff but the other teachings)
ABATTBQ87
AG
1 John 4: Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
BuddysBud
AG
Many years ago I visited a United Church of Canada. They were explaining how open they were by saying that many did not believe in the divinity of Christ. It makes me wonder how they could consider themselves a Christian Church when many believe that Christ lied about himself.
Bucketrunner
Sid, we gave up on St Andrews in Bryan about a year ago. Just couldn't stomach the politics from the pulpit and the women advocating abortion. We still feel lost on Sundays, but we can't tolerate the "modern" hand waving, yelling churches. It's been difficult.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Bidens leg hairs said:

Maroon Dawn said:

I think you just described half the kids of divorced parents.

And most churches have services for divorced people. Sin is sin.
StoneCold99
AG
We'll take your money and tell you whatever you want to hear.
wiggythump
AG
Boy, Satan is proud of the discord he has sown. He is getting churches to turn against the word of God. We are truly reaching the end times
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.