Remember the Alamo

4,105 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Thaddeus73
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough times make great men.
muleshoe
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Commandancy of the The Alamo
Bejar, Feby. 24th. 1836

To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World
Fellow Citizens & compatriots

I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country

Victory or Death.

William Barrett Travis.
Lt. Col. comdt.

This is a picture of courage not often seen in the course of history, and one of the reasons I am so proud to be a Texan. God bless the memory of these extraordinarily brave men.

For those old enough to remember, they used to play this on the radio on WOAI (if I remember correctly) at lunch during the farm and ranch report. My dad always had the radio on at lunch.....and Guerra's voice can almost put you back there.....

All 13 days are on YouTube.....this is March 6....they are worth listening too....

Gric
AG
God bless Texas,
AnScAggie
AG
Thank God for those brave men.
milner79

Thaddeus73
AG
Jim Bowie goes down with a fight...

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.