Wokeness escalated: the black English queen

6,959 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGinHI
waitwhat?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://ew.com/tv/jodie-turner-smith-to-play-anne-boleyn/

Quote:

Jodie Turner-Smith is getting the Tudor treatment.

On Friday, it was announced that the Queen & Slim star would play Queen Anne Boleyn in a three-part drama that will air on the ViacomCBS-backed U.K. broadcaster Channel 5 U.K. The psychological series will detail the final months of the life of King Henry VIII's second wife.
Jodie:

Anne Boleyn, an actual queen that really lived:

In a way it's funny how insane the world is getting.

Personally, I can't wait for Hugh Jackman to play Nelson Mandela.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
waitwhat?

I prefer the Natalie Dormer version.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
Valhalla
"You won't give me a son! Off with your head!"

Somehow I don't think this one is going to go over like they think it will.
Sid Farkas
AG
is this a reverse minstrel show? will she be in whiteface?
Maroon Dawn
AG
Tired of old embarrassing non-Woke history?

Just throw it down the memory hole and replace it with new, Woke History that is constantly updated to always be pleasing to the ever changing insanity of progressive culture!

No black people in medieval England? Bam! Now they're British royalty!

Crusades? Nope! Muslims now wrote the Magna Carta!

King Arthur? Now a transgendered polyamarous furry dragon kin!

MUCH better!
C@LAg
hell, we should be thrilled they at least let the character still be portrayed as a woman
Matt Hooper
AG
X 1,000,000
_mpaul
AG
So people are complaining that the Raya and the Last Dragon cast are not of Southeast Asian decent (even they are Asian American), but this is OK. I'm so confused.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
normalhorn
If re-writing history, real and actual history, is fair game, what would stop someone from writing a series where the Union lost the war, surrendered and then make up wherever the country was led?
I have a History degree (among other diplomas), so I always appreciate the mental gymnastics of bending the past to fit cultural norms and whatever liberal group is repressed on any given Tuesday
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
BigRobSA
Oh, FFS.

Why?

I love how white liberals think throwing blacks a bone by just redoing a known story with a black person is okay instead of coming up with a unique story that is about a black person is actually helping them.

"Here you go ,.,..stay on the plantation! At least you can't get on the internet and figure **** out for yourself!"
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Tanya 93
normalhorn said:

If re-writing history, real and actual history, is fair game, what would stop someone from writing a series where the Union lost the war, surrendered and then make up wherever the country was led?
I have a History degree (among other diplomas), so I always appreciate the mental gymnastics of bending the past to fit cultural norms and whatever liberal group is repressed on any given Tuesday

There have been several novels about the South winning the war.

Some good, some terrible, some boring
Alta
AG
In trying to be "woke" these people are trying to act like every ethnicity and culture is the same which is sad. All of the various cultures, ethnicities, religions, races, etc. make for really interesting history and society. Those differences should be recognized. celebrated and studied instead of acting like we all are exactly the same and these differences don't matter.
DrEvazanPhD
I'm ready for an MLK biopic starring Tom hanks
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm fine if she's a good actress and can play the role. I understand the recreation of history in one respect, but if it is a dramatic story, some creative license is fine by me. She's playing a role.

It's not like they're rewriting the history, they're just using an actress of s different ethnicity than the historical person.
Showertime at the Bidens

BigRobSA
DrEvazanPhD said:

Tom can actually grow a fro.

Has to be someone with straight "white people hair".
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
DrEvazanPhD
BigRobSA said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

How about Shia le-boof or that dude who played Thor?
normalhorn
I think Michael Shannon is an incredible actor, and I'd pay to go to a movie theater to see him play Barack Obama :-)
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
BigRobSA
DrEvazanPhD said:

BigRobSA said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

How about Shia le-boof or that dude who played Thor?
6'4" heart throb Chris Hemsworth as 5'7" "Meh!" preacher and civil rights leader MLK, Jr?

SOLD!
30wedge
DrEvazanPhD said:

I was thinking Pee Wee Herman
gtaggie_08
AG
For some reason I thought this idea was being developed for an HBO series by the two guys who headed up Game of Thrones. But got scrapped due to cancel culture?
ShaggySLC
She was great in that role, and a complete smoke show.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Roll the Bones
AG
I will have to make a reminder. I would hate to forget to not watch that.
APHIS AG
And why not since we have a black Alexander Hamilton.
deddog
AG
C@LAg said:

hell, we should be thrilled they at least let the character still be portrayed as a woman
Only because her head gets cut off.
If you are rewriting history, at least get her to cut the Kings head off.
Not.Woke.Enough.

On a related note, if you haven't - you should definitely visit The Tower of London.
Amazing amount of history there ..The real kind...not the made up BS liberals now pedal

deddog
AG
APHIS AG said:

And why not since we have a black Alexander Hamilton.
White liberals believe that blacks don't have real heroes.
So they have to make 'em up.
Tanya 93
Hamilton is an amazing musical
Earl_Rudder
AG
Bidens leg hairs said:

Mooney can be funny sometimes (and a racist jackass most of the time,) but he just looks like a dumbass by making this point.

Tom Cruise isn't playing the part of a Japanese man, like in this instance where Boleyn is 100% Caucasian English. Cruise was playing the part of an American, which he fits perfectly.

There is also some truth in the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor,_born_1564)

William Adams was an Irishman who was one of a handful of survivors of a shipwreck to land in Japan in the year 1600. He became a living legend and helped build the first western style ships in Japan, and captained many other voyages and expeditions with Japanese crews. He married a Japanese wife and had several children. He is still celebrated around the country to this day in various festivals, and there are statures/shrines/memorials in his honor. The video game NIOH (pretty cool game btw,) features him as the protagonist.

So The Last Samurai has nothing closely wrong with it. Tom Cruise isn't a white guy pretending to be a historical Japanese character, like in woke ass modern day England.
DCAggie13y
AG
waitwhat? said:

Quote:

On Friday, it was announced that the Queen & Slim star would play Queen Anne Boleyn in a three-part drama that will air on the ViacomCBS-backed U.K. broadcaster Channel 5 U.K. The psychological series will detail the final months of the life of King Henry VIII's second wife.
Jodie:

Do you actually watch this garbage? Shows about the British royal family? I thought my wife was the only one that watched that crap.
Tanya 93
Gumby said:

waitwhat? said:

Quote:

Jodie:

Do you actually watch this garbage? Shows about the British royal family? I thought my wife was the only one that watched that crap.
I have the Tudors on Blu Ray

I probably own 50 books, both non-fiction and historical fiction, on the Tudor era.

Your wife is not alone

Natalie Dormer alone is reason enough to watch The Tudors
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cultural Appropriation doesn't swing both ways, I suppose
DCAggie13y
AG
I know liberal white women love this stuff. Since OP was complaining about it, I assumed he wasn't a liberal white woman and wondered why he cared.
waitwhat?
Gumby said:

I know liberal white women love this stuff. Since OP was complaining about it, I assumed he wasn't a liberal white woman and wondered why he cared.
Well 1) I came across this elsewhere, not by actively looking for a show about the Tudors

And 2) my ancestry is predominantly English which means English history is relevant to me up to the late 1800s when my family started coming to the US. As a result of that and my general interest in history I do enjoy historical dramas like The Tudors, The White Queen, The White Princess, The Spanish Princess, The Last Kingdom, etc. There are also some interesting shows based in Roman times.

I've also watched Spartacus a few times if that makes me less of a liberal white woman.

EDIT: There also tend to be a lot of boobs in these shows.

TEXIT
ABATTBQ11
AG
Would love to see how a white Harriet Tubman would go over
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.