Colorado man charged for disorderly conduct for a joke about legal conceal carry

1,788 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Average Guy
Fightin TX Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Conceal carry is legal in Colorado (with a permit), but one man is facing criminal charges for making a joke about covid masks and carrying.

When a ski lift operator asked the man to put on his covid-19 mask, he joked that it would be a felony if he put his mask on because he always carries his gun.

This riled up both the mask mongers and the anti-gun crowd, and the joker was arrested, summonsed for disorderly conduct, received a court date and was released.

h/t JustPanda from the Outdoors forum
CanyonAg77
AG
Colorado is where I made a joke about a display of "cruelty-free eggs" in a supermarket. I said I preferred eggs from abused chickens.

I thought a lady in there was going to beat me to death with an organic carrot.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Open carry is also legal in CO i believe (with a permit). See: shooters grill lol. All the waitresses carry.

TxTarpon
Then throw granola on your grave.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Damn I'm glad we skipped virtue skiing this year.

Liberals have totally ****ed Colorado and New Mexico this year.
Ag87H2O
AG
Sounds like this guy needs to sue some folks for harassment.

He should have known that libs have no sense of humor.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

he joked that it would be a felony if he put his mask on because he always carries his gun.
As someone who grew up on westerns and TV shows like Roy Rogers and Gunsmoke, it always creeps me out to walk into a bank carrying a gun and wearing a mask.

I keep thinking Roy or Marshal Dillion are going to pop up and shoot me in the hand.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Quote:

"cruelty-free eggs"
I open talk about sweat shop eggs and my preference. Still trying to get someone to blow.
UTExan
This one will get thrown out.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
FrioAg 00
AG
Of course it will, but what compensates the normal fella (who made the joke) for all the time and effort these clowns caused him?

The perpetrators here need to be punished, publicly and heavy handed, or it will never stop
DallasAg 94
Dro07
AG
Quote:

"When I arrived on scene, I deployed my long gun and held it in a low ready position while walking to Chair Six," officer Angela Sommer said in her report.
Oh boy!!! No assault rifle description just a long gun.
OldArmyBrent
AG
Dos Tasadores De TAMU said:

Open carry is also legal in CO i believe (with a permit). See: shooters grill lol. All the waitresses carry.

We have rules here.
TxTarpon
Dude.....bad dad joke

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
OldArmyBrent
AG
I'd argue anti-dad joke.
oldcrow91
AG
Sounds like the employees caused the disturbance if they called the police while not believing he even has a gun.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

According to the report, the "obviously offensive utterance, stating he had a gun, within earshot of multiple Vail Resorts guests and employees, in a public place would tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace, i.e. possibly causing the public to panic."
now that's some BS.

clear violation of 1st Amendment here.
Rocky Rider
AG
He needs to setup a go-fund-me and take them on.

edit: I'll add that our local baker did this and kicked their butts all the way to the SCOTUS.
cbr
AG
we live in a Stalinist ****hole.
rab79
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

he joked that it would be a felony if he put his mask on because he always carries his gun.
As someone who grew up on westerns and TV shows like Roy Rogers and Gunsmoke, it always creeps me out to walk into a bank carrying a gun and wearing a mask.

I keep thinking Roy or Marshal Dillion are going to pop up and shoot me in the hand.
When I used to wear a bandana as a mask I always felt underdressed without my hogleg.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.