Only half of young Brits are attracted exclusively to the opposite sex

7,319 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rossticus
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure I believe this

Quote:

In a sign that attitudes towards expressing sexuality are shifting, a survey of 18 to 24 year-olds in the UK found just over 50 per cent are 'only attracted to those of the opposite sex'.

As the age groups got older, the proportion of people who were only attracted to the opposite sex got higher, The Times reports.

Countless celebrities have revealed they are attracted to both sexes in recent years including model Cara Delevingne, Riverdale actress Lili Reinhart, pop star Miley Cyrus, Will Smith's daughter Willow and actor Keiynan Lonsdale.

Of those aged between 41 to 54, the survey found 76 per cent were solely attracted to the opposite sex but 81 per cent of 55 to 75 year olds gave the same answer, the Ipsos Mori poll found.
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2021/02/poll-half-young-brits-attracted-exclusively-opposite-sex/

DrEvazanPhD
In fairness, the Brits often seem kind of gay
Clark Griswold
captkirk said:

Not sure I believe this

Quote:

In a sign that attitudes towards expressing sexuality are shifting, a survey of 18 to 24 year-olds in the UK found just over 50 per cent are 'only attracted to those of the opposite sex'.

As the age groups got older, the proportion of people who were only attracted to the opposite sex got higher, The Times reports.

Countless celebrities have revealed they are attracted to both sexes in recent years including model Cara Delevingne, Riverdale actress Lili Reinhart, pop star Miley Cyrus, Will Smith's daughter Willow and actor Keiynan Lonsdale.

Of those aged between 41 to 54, the survey found 76 per cent were solely attracted to the opposite sex but 81 per cent of 55 to 75 year olds gave the same answer, the Ipsos Mori poll found.
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2021/02/poll-half-young-brits-attracted-exclusively-opposite-sex/

I don't either. Either way, trying to normalize homosexuality is disturbing.
Clob94
Just had this convo with a buddy of mine the other day.

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."
Mayor West
AG
How was the wording? For instance, I can find guys attractive without being attracted to them
BuddysBud
AG
"Progressive" programming at work.
What is traditionally immoral becomes the norm and what is traditionally moral becomes sin.

Up is down. Good is bad. Bad is good.
Tanya 93
If you are straight, why does this matter to you?

This board's obsession with homosexuality from the posts of "straight men" is kinda weird.

Clark Griswold
Tanya 93 said:

This board's obsession with homosexuality from the posts of "straight men" is kinda weird.

Because we don't want something normalized for our children who are impressionable. It's the same reason we don't let them watch rated R movies when they're 4.
TyHolden
AG
Clark Griswold said:

Tanya 93 said:

Because we don't want something normalized for our children who are impressionable. It's the same reason we don't let them watch rated R movies when they're 4.
Rooster4Ag
AG
So what do we do about this? Tolerance and secular liberalism clearly isn't working.
What have ye done to surpass man?
Tanya 93
Clark Griswold said:

Tanya 93 said:

Gay people exist.
They do.

Maybe we have different parenting styles, but I rarely had the gay people exist conversation.
It just was never important.

Like I said though, different parenting styles.

Still doesn't change this board's obsession
Tanya 93
Roster4Ag said:

So what do we do about this? Tolerance and secular liberalism clearly isn't working.
There is nothing for you to do.

This is not about your life.
black_ice
You know what brits call a cig?

Martin Q. Blank
Tanya 93 said:

Roster4Ag said:

The phenomenon in the OP is bad for society. As much as I care about my fellow man, I will care about this.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I don't believe this fake news, but it does go to show the constant narrative game the leftists play with sexuality.

When it is convenient, the narrative is, "Homosexuality is not a choice. Gays were born this way."

Then, when it is convenient for other reasons, the narrative is, "Of course sexuality is a choice."
MouthBQ98
AG
People with higher trait openness and agreeableness that are attracted to liberalism and progressivism have adopted the ideological values system of the progressive left, which includes competitive and hierarchical virtue signaling of acceptance of certain social practices or, better yet, membership in certain preferred social groupings related to identity politics and intersectionality. Claiming group membership in smaller traditionally oppressed groups lends instant higher social status and credit on leftist social hierarchies, and as is much with the left, the claim is adequate, and assertions are not challenged and tested. It's easy therefore for these loose claims of group membership to be made for personal advantage and in the age of public virtue signaling, people want these things to be known.
Rooster4Ag
AG
A population doesnt just get more and more homosexual while it's overall native born population declines. It's very obvious that it's something either being imposed or a social contagion. So yes, it does affect me and it does affect the west.
Kashchei
AG
See what happens when you get rid of Page 3?
Bruce Almighty
AG
The overwhelming majority of those are probably female. I feel like over half of my female students are bi because its the in thing. The number of bisexual female students I've had in 12 years of teaching have probably outnumbered bi/gay males 20 to 1.
The Shank Ag
If you take your kids to church and raise them right, you shouldn't have to worry about impressionability on any topic until the kids are at an age where they make their own life choices. And at that point you will have done your part.
RGLAG85
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Roster4Ag said:

What an incredibly narrow view. Keep viewing the world through your straw I guess.

Sad thing is, you won't even get your own hypocrisy.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
BigBrother
AG
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
The Dirty Sock
Tanya 93 said:

Still doesn't change this board's obsession

Obsession? Recent media has over represented the news stream, entertainment on demand and social media posts of Alphabet group content. It's an over saturated pathetic cry for attention. It's worth bringing this crap up.
nortex97
AG
I'm still fascinated that 'open, homosexual' epicenters with massive immigration like London could have a muslim mayor, who seeks to ban things like racy billboards on buses etc.

A reckoning between 'liberal' and moslem views about homosexuality seems quite inevitable in some of these locations, including those in the US (like Michigan/Minnesota).

Yet the leftists never seem to touch that third rail for some reason. They won't even speak out about how horrible it is their 'friends' like Iran throw homosexuals off buildings/down mountain sides. Just tolerant, open, loving people, our leftist friends and the politicians they put in office.
TxTarpon
Most of us knew this was going to happen after seeing bands like Culture Club, The Cure, Spandau Ballet, etc.
Chalk this up to the "duh" factor.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Old McDonald
this is overwhelmingly due to young women identifying at least partially bisexual. there is always a societal/cultural element to sexual/romantic preferences and at least for us today, women being attracted to other women is compatible with the contemporary notions of femininity. this phenomenon is far less common among young men, and a huge majority of these "bisexual" women will still mostly date men.
Ag87H2O
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I don't believe this fake news, but it does go to show the constant narrative game the leftists play with sexuality.

When it is convenient, the narrative is, "Homosexuality is not a choice. Gays were born this way."

Then, when it is convenient for other reasons, the narrative is, "Of course sexuality is a choice."
Bingo. Leftists are masters at shifting the narrative to fit the ideological whim of the day. There is no logic, rationality, or consistency to it. They know thier sheep don't have the brainpower or analytical ability to know the difference.
Rooster4Ag
AG
Typical leftist/woman horse***** You disagree with something and you're obsessed with it, or it's psychologized and psychoanalyzed. Rules for Radicals #5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
YouBet
AG
Would need to understand the criteria here. I can look at a dude and recognize him as a good looking dude. I'm in no way going to start lusting for him.

If that kind of scenario is included in this survey then the survey is crap.
Ag with kids
AG
Clob94 said:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine the other day.

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."

Kids want to be unique, just like everyone else...
wbt5845
AG
Further proof that homosexuality is a choice. No way the species could propagate if anything but a small percentage truly had this deviancy.
Post removed:
by user
fat girlfriend
But I thought the gender to which one is sexually attracted is genetic and immutable. This was stressed repeatedly for many years, so it can't be false.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Which organization conducted this survey and what were the specific questions that were asked?

This "article" is glaringly void of any useful information concerning the 5 Ws on the survey itself. There is a wild claim about who young Brits find attractive then it
shifts gears into explaining this because of a slew of famous people coming out of the closet. Much ado about nothing comes to mind.
bmks270
AG

I'm not convinced these surveys reflect reality. People don't want to be labeled as homophobic, and in the larger picture, people are being conditioned to never reject anyone or any behavior. Identifying as straight might be perceived as rejecting the alternative, so for that reason, they don't identify as straight.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.