I'm about to lose my mind!

10,077 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agracer
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And, I just saw a commercial for spray fabric disinfectant talking about spraying everything after you walk in the door.

For ****'s sake!

Funnily, my best friend never left the house from March to June of last year, sprayed everything when I'd make runs to HEB so they could have stuff without a delivery fee, and masked up to go OUTSIDE to the mail box. Her and her husband STILL GOT IT! And, it was a bad cold, mild flu. And she has asthma issues and her husband is diabetic. Still....not bad. And I'm exposed constantly with my job. No gloves, no masks.....no ****s given.

Weakass *****
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
Aston04 said:

If I'm outside in Minnesota in February and I have a mask handy, I'm putting it on. Nothing to do with 'rona.
Was 46. I had slides, shorts and tshirt on.

I was working in -35 last week. This is like a heatwave.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
eric76
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm not so sure, with the haphazard way that deaths are attributed. It's clearly some risk, especially to certain categories of people, but a lot of people that died with it are counted as dying from it, and because of the categories of people it is most dangerous to, lots of people on the verge of death for other reasons just happen to have CoVID be what pushes them over the edge or at least contributes, instead of some other virus or bacteria, simply because CoVID is more contagious and what is making the rounds right now.
In comparison, according to some doctors, the flu hardly kills anyone at all. They say that a typical doctor will never have a single patient in his entire career who dies from the flu. Rather, it is the opportunistic infections that kill people. Yet, we attribute these to the flu -- without the flu.

So in comparison, if you don't include these opportunistic infections, covid is far more dangerous than even the worst flu.

Of the four people I know who died from covid, none of them were likely to have died last year if not for covid. One of them was a number of years younger than me. There is a fifth covid victim who I ran into regularly and we always said hello to each other, but never stopped and talked with him about anything. Again, he was in good health with a reasonably good job. Sure, he could have had a heart attack or something and died from that, but the odds of him being alive today and being at work on Monday morning would have been excellent if not for covid.
Maroon Dawn
AG
eric76 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'm not so sure, with the haphazard way that deaths are attributed. It's clearly some risk, especially to certain categories of people, but a lot of people that died with it are counted as dying from it, and because of the categories of people it is most dangerous to, lots of people on the verge of death for other reasons just happen to have CoVID be what pushes them over the edge or at least contributes, instead of some other virus or bacteria, simply because CoVID is more contagious and what is making the rounds right now.
In comparison, according to some doctors, the flu hardly kills anyone at all. They say that a typical doctor will never have a single patient in his entire career who dies from the flu. Rather, it is the opportunistic infections that kill people. Yet, we attribute these to the flu -- without the flu.

So in comparison, if you don't include these opportunistic infections, covid is far more dangerous than even the worst flu.

Of the four people I know who died from covid, none of them were likely to have died last year if not for covid. One of them was a number of years younger than me. There is a fifth covid victim who I ran into regularly and we always said hello to each other, but never stopped and talked with him about anything. Again, he was in good health with a reasonably good job. Sure, he could have had a heart attack or something and died from that, but the odds of him being alive today and being at work on Monday morning would have been excellent if not for covid.

0.05% kill rate

Sorry you knew folks but it doesn't justify the past year of ruining millions of lives with tactics that have ultimately proved to have done nothing to stop it and were 100% politically motivated
FriscoKid
AG
Aston04 said:

If I'm outside in Minnesota in February and I have a mask handy, I'm putting it on. Nothing to do with 'rona.

You wouldn't be there though. That's the point. You would have food spoil in your fridge because the electricity went out in a freaking snow storm and you didn't take it outside where it was cold.

You want to see pics of me pushing gallons of water out of my neighbors house? He was unprepared like you. Conservative ideals trump your utopia every single time.
eric76
AG
AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

You getting pissed at others who are simply following the rules of who pays them is unproductive
Them pushing away otherwise paying customers is much more unproductive, especially based on idiocy and not a shred of science.

Nobody carries my size, but I was looking for a couple pairs of shoes for my son whose feet shoot up a size every month or two. Drove to a DSW, got better prices on the same name-brand shoes and wasn't accosted at the door with dumbassery. Their loss, not mine.

This is like yelling at a cashier because they won't accept an expired coupon. They aren't making the policy. They are just enforcing it.

On another note, I wear size 15. Pretty much exclusively buy shoes online now. Hard to find in store. I know your pain.
Pardon me for being rather off topic, but I've been tempted to order on-line but I really like to try things on first to make sure they fit. For example, I could really use a good pair of snake boots, for example something like this: https://www.cavenders.com/chippewa-mens-brome-dark-brown-and-green-waterproof-round-toe-snake-boot/CH25110.html but I'll just wait until I go to Amarillo and get them in person.

A friend of mine was bitten by a rattlesnake last summer -- he nearly died from it and his hospital and related bills came to something like $240,000. That definitely makes me think a good pair of snake boots would be well worth having.

So do you ever have trouble returning the shoes because they don't fit or because you don't like them as much as you expected?
TTUArmy
Aston04 said:

Rocky the Dog might approve.
AggieDub14
AG
Zappos.com has a solid return system
eric76
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

eric76 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

0.05% kill rate

Sorry you knew folks but it doesn't justify the past year of ruining millions of lives with tactics that have ultimately proved to have done nothing to stop it and were 100% politically motivated
I have never supported the lockdowns at all or any one size fits all solution.
The Fife
Philip J Fry said:

Dude. Now imagine you live there and have to put up with it every ****ing day. That's what my life in California is like. I have so little patience for this nonsense that I'm sure I'm quite unpleasant to be around.
I couldn't even imagine, over here it's like the rona isn't even a thing. I get up, drop the big kid off at the bus stop, take the little one to day care, pick up kids at the school bus stop and day care at the end of the day and that's that. No face diapers required, none of the parents at the school bus stop have one, and all they care about at day care is whether your kid throws a temperature when they go in. Both have been open since summer without any trouble.

I guess the only part that bugs me is that I'm WFH most of the time instead of going on site. I'm pretty much alone all the time, but I'm probably going to start heading in for a day or two every week because I'm a lot more productive there. Too many distractions here at home.
Philip J Fry
AG
FriscoKid said:

You still bought into this hysteria. You are one of a handful of legacy posters that I lost respect for over the past year. It's a real virus with real effects on a lot of people, but the reaction to it has broken our civil society.

I'm not losing sleep over it and I don't think the reaction during the first month was unreasonable. I said early on that we would be lucky if only a few hundred thousand people died and I don't think I was wrong about that. I've also been pretty vocal that the shutdowns after the first two weeks is utter tyranny. Not sure why there isn't a middle ground to be had here.
The Fife
eric76 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Pardon me for being rather off topic, but I've been tempted to order on-line but I really like to try things on first to make sure they fit.
That's the problem I've run into when trying to order new school clothes for my kid who's closing in on 5. Go on amazon... no inseam measurements. I read reviews, people complain that pants are too big and others that they run small. Which is it?!
RangerRick9211
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Dear diary.

Mother of all, if there ever was an applicable use of this meme. Jesus, get a Twitter OP.
C@LAg
RangerRick9211 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Dear diary.

Mother of all, if there ever was an applicable use of this meme. Jesus, get a Twitter OP.
so sorry you were forced to click on this thread, then continue clicking or reading it for three pages , and then forced to click and make a response. Then forced to typed a response. Then forced to submit the response. When it would have been simpler to just scroll to the next thread you were interested in.
smucket
AG
#1- You ARE my MexiHonky spirit animal
#2- Move to Florida. I did 4 months ago, after living in Texas for 54 years. But even Texas, at least Dallas, is f-d up compared to Florida. Come on down, the party's waitin. No masks or other idiocy required. Just regular Florida idiocy, but if you like Florida Man it's good. And the Amish. Have to like them too.
BigRobSA
smucket said:

#1- You ARE my MexiHonky spirit animal
#2- Move to Florida. I did 4 months ago, after living in Texas for 54 years. But even Texas, at least Dallas, is f-d up compared to Florida. Come on down, the party's waitin. No masks or other idiocy required. Just regular Florida idiocy, but if you like Florida Man it's good. And the Amish. Have to like them too.
Was there for a few weeks before MN. Loved it.

Same back in July. The "Space Coast" area.

I'm bucking for an executive position in my company that will move me to either KC or STL and I'll be over the whole MidWest.
FriscoKid
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Dear diary.

He's been here a lot longer than you, and you are forgettable.. Thanks for stopping by though.
mslags97
AG
Here is some hypocrisy for ya....

My son plays high school basketball for his private school. We are in TAPPS, and they have established rules for Covid.

You wipe down the stupid ball with a towelette when the whistle is blown....

And when you are on the bench, the seats are spread more than 6 feet and you have to have a mask on at all times. No hand-shaking allowed before, during, or after the game....

Never mind the fact the kids are fighting and sweating on each other during the game. It's all such a joke. It just breeds hypocrisy, but idiot liberals are truly too stupid to realize actual truth. Too stupid to think for themselves and do enough research to see what the actual science says. Stupid enough to willingly accept what these lying sacks like Fauci are spouting. I am truly amazed at how quickly and willingly the public just followed along with this BS narrative....
Post removed:
by user
Artimus Gordon
"I was fuming, because stupidity REALLY pisses me off. (A huge reason I hate liberalism, it's based on the stupidest ****ing ideas ever thought up.)"

Rob, that is my definition of liberalism.
Which is: Let's all do something stupid together!
Now with the added caveat, and if you don't you will now be ostracized or canceled!
nortex97
AG
Why would you want to spend money at Nike anyway? They hate America/white people in general.

I'll never buy another nike product.
45-70Ag
AG
It's Minneapolis. You're in the center of hell for stupidity and dumb collective thought.
BanderaAg956
Clob94 said:

You're in Minneapolis my man. They elected Jessie Ventura. Just do you and **** those people.

That isn't nearly as bad as some of the other idiots they elected!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
HollywoodBQ
AG
rocky the dog said:

Nailed it again!
HollywoodBQ
AG
TTUArmy said:

FriscoKid said:

Right there with you. We have some major de-programming of people to do. "We" are seriously sick as a population right now and it's not getting better.

This.

Yesterday, I had a landscaper come by to give me a quote on some yard work. I didn't wear a mask while we were conversing. However, he did wear a mask. I told him that, since we're outside, he didn't need to wear a mask on my account. He kept the mask on and kept asking me questions about certain items on the job. [Hint 1]

During small talk, I noticed the guy say something to his 5-6 year old son that was with him. It was in German. Turns out the guy has a degree in "German Lit" from t.u....hmmm. [Hint 2]

So, he gave me the quote and I asked when he could get started. He looked through his phone calendar and said that he could have a crew onsite for 8 March. I told him price looked good, email me the quote, and then offered to shake his hand. He stuck his elbow towards me...[HINT 3]

I stared at him then withdrew my hand. I did not bump elbows with him.

I told him that I have a few more landscape companies coming by. And, I think he knew immediately that he was not getting the job.

This COVID hype has people fearfully brainwashed. I think there are some who will continue to wear the face diaper even when the all clear has been given.
The best part of that story was the fact that your potential landscaper wasted his time getting an unrelated degree from t.u.
HollywoodBQ
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

You getting pissed at others who are simply following the rules of who pays them is unproductive
Them pushing away otherwise paying customers is much more unproductive, especially based on idiocy and not a shred of science.

Nobody carries my size, but I was looking for a couple pairs of shoes for my son whose feet shoot up a size every month or two. Drove to a DSW, got better prices on the same name-brand shoes and wasn't accosted at the door with dumbassery. Their loss, not mine.

I'm sure BigRobSA's feet are bigger than mine but until you start shopping for size 13+, you can't imagine what a hassle it is to find shoes in your size. It sucks.
Tanya 93
HollywoodBQ said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

I'm sure BigRobSA's feet are bigger than mine but until you start shopping for size 13+, you can't imagine what a hassle it is to find shoes in your size. It sucks.
Sometimes it is difficult to buy shoes online when you have small feet as well.

There are times when I have had to buy kids shoes.
WaltonAg18
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

This is like yelling at a cashier because they won't accept an expired coupon. They aren't making the policy. They are just enforcing it.

On another note, I wear size 15. Pretty much exclusively buy shoes online now. Hard to find in store. I know your pain.
No, that's based upon science. Linear time.

This bull**** isn't. At all. Even a little.

Yeah, I usually order online. 16s for me.

Lol coupon expiration isn't based on science.

The point is you are angry and a front line employee for following the guidelines laid out by their employer. You are well within your right to disagree with what's happening and it's fine to be upset about it. But treating people badly because they are simply doing their job isn't cool.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he'll relay the story to his superiors and if they hear enough stories of lost customers, based only upon them being ****ing ruhtards, then maybe they'll change. Sitting back and taking it hasn't worked. It's not like I assaulted him for being stupid. I left peacefully and took my money to a smarter company.
Remember when you applauded trump for taking pictures with kids with Down syndrome? Any particular reason you're using slurs to insult people? You dance around the filter constantly with no consequences.

You were too cowardly to respond last time, maybe you'll offer a weak explanation this time.

You didn't care about those kids when you posted, and you don't care about them now.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Sorry man

But you're right, it's not about science

It's about businesses being terrified of being sued into oblivion by someone saying they got COVID from them and it killed their MeeMaw

Like I said before, grant businesses immunity from COVID law suits and it would be like the virus never existed by the end of the week
Except we won't be able to de-program most people for a year. Longer in Dark Blue states.

Disneyland in Anaheim might never re-open.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tanya 93 said:

HollywoodBQ said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

Sometimes it is difficult to buy shoes online when you have small feet as well.

There are times when I have had to buy kids shoes.
I worked with a gal who wore size 5. She would get fitted with kids boots when we went snowboarding.
txagbear
Get help
WaltonAg18
AG
C@LAg said:

RangerRick9211 said:

Challenger 17 said:

Dear diary.

so sorry you were forced to click on this thread, then continue clicking or reading it for three pages , and then forced to click and make a response. Then forced to typed a response. Then forced to submit the response. When it would have been simpler to just scroll to the next thread you were interested in.
It would probably just be easier to ask OP for his number so you can make the services you're applying to your posting more readily available. Good lord what a faithful little lap dog you are.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Rattler12
Other than getting your blood pressure up to 300 over 210 just what did you accomplish? Some how I don't think the folks up there really cared what some big guy from Texas thought about their covid protocalls good or bad. Wouldn't it have been much less stressful just to wait until you got back to Helotes?
MouthBQ98
AG
That's the odd part, I know a couple of dozens of people who have had it or tested positive for it and never knew they had it and none of them, ranging from a young child, to a woman in her 90's, was very seriously ill with it. Anecdotal experiences vary widely. I suspect there are people who are simply randomly particularly vulnerable to this disease. Being overweight seems to be a big factor, and about 70% of the US population is overweight, though most of those don't think they are. "Dad bod" is overweight, for example.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Great story.

Regarding masks, when I had Covid in December, the doctors wanted to know if I had face to face contact with anybody closer than six feet for fifteen minutes.

The answer was no. But, I still caught the virus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.