I'm about to lose my mind!

9,910 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agracer
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My immuno-compromised wife got Covid. She has a history of septicemia (sp?) and pneumonia. She breezed through it with a cough and some body aches.

I slept in the same bed the whole time. Never got a hint of symptoms.

Yes, some folks die from it. But people die for a lot of reasons and we're not losing our **** over any of those. Why is this treated so differently?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
C@LAg
Slicer97 said:

My immuno-compromised wife got Covid. She has a history of septicemia (sp?) and pneumonia. She breezed through it with a cough and some body aches.

I slept in the same bed the whole time. Never got a hint of symptoms.

Yes, some folks die from it. But people die for a lot of reasons and we're not losing our **** over any of those. Why is this treated so differently?
because they needed something they could defeat trump with.

and then the monster got out of their control.
esteban
It must be nice to have faced so little adversity in your life that this upsets you to the point where you insult someone just for doing their job.

Sorry you chose not to buy some shoes. I can't imagine how traumatizing that was. You'll be in my prayers.
black_ice
esteban said:

It must be nice to have faced so little adversity in your life that this upsets you to the point where you insult someone just for doing their job.

Sorry you chose not to buy some shoes. I can't imagine how traumatizing that was. You'll be in my prayers.

C@LAg
esteban said:

Thank you for taking time away from reeeeeeeing to respond! Looks like your TDs has improved.
eric76
AG
Weak as ****, but still with a higher mortality than either the measles or polio?
BigRobSA
esteban said:

Tonight was a more traumatizing event than 99.9% of the entitled ****tards on the football team have ever had.

Maybe I should start a movement to take down some innocuous statue? </philosoraptor.jpg>
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
eric76 said:

Weak as ****, ...
Yes. You're learning.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
TTUArmy
FriscoKid said:

Right there with you. We have some major de-programming of people to do. "We" are seriously sick as a population right now and it's not getting better.

This.

Yesterday, I had a landscaper come by to give me a quote on some yard work. I didn't wear a mask while we were conversing. However, he did wear a mask. I told him that, since we're outside, he didn't need to wear a mask on my account. He kept the mask on and kept asking me questions about certain items on the job. [Hint 1]

During small talk, I noticed the guy say something to his 5-6 year old son that was with him. It was in German. Turns out the guy has a degree in "German Lit" from t.u....hmmm. [Hint 2]

So, he gave me the quote and I asked when he could get started. He looked through his phone calendar and said that he could have a crew onsite for 8 March. I told him price looked good, email me the quote, and then offered to shake his hand. He stuck his elbow towards me...[HINT 3]

I stared at him then withdrew my hand. I did not bump elbows with him.

I told him that I have a few more landscape companies coming by. And, I think he knew immediately that he was not getting the job.

This COVID hype has people fearfully brainwashed. I think there are some who will continue to wear the face diaper even when the all clear has been given.
MouthBQ98
AG
Some people thrive on the sense of purpose they get following and bullying others into complying with the culture of CoVID fear. They don't care about science. They care about the cultural dogma that has evolved around the masking and distancing and the sanctimony they feel in complying and enforcing compliance. They want to comply as their social hierarchies demand it, and they look upon noncompliance as selfish and harmful, so persecuting those that are non compliant becomes righteous and justified.

It's gone beyond reason or the purpose of social health to become a group membership phenomenon, and another means to virtue signal.

There is some science behind physical distancing. Simply increasing the physical separation, decreasing the human density, and reducing the duration of exposure to each other, particularly in confined spaces, does statistically reduce the odds of transmission via droplet exhalation and inhalation or membrane contact.

The masks might have a very small effect in this regards as well, but FAR less significantly then simple distance and duration. They aren't much more than a placebo, and they introduce two problems: increased contact transmission risk and decreased inhibition to physically distance.

It will all be irrelevant in the next couple of months as we basically achieve effective herd immunity.
C@LAg
except they have already moved the goal post to 2022 for "herd immunity".

fauci urging no movies and limited sports through this year

etc.

This is about power and reconfiguring society longer-term.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm not so sure, with the haphazard way that deaths are attributed. It's clearly some risk, especially to certain categories of people, but a lot of people that died with it are counted as dying from it, and because of the categories of people it is most dangerous to, lots of people on the verge of death for other reasons just happen to have CoVID be what pushes them over the edge or at least contributes, instead of some other virus or bacteria, simply because CoVID is more contagious and what is making the rounds right now.
SMM48
AG
Up N here
up N here
lil99chris
AG
I was wondering.....were there security guards only allowing a few people in the store at a time during the George Floyd riots? Or does Covid know to stay away during protests?
Gigem314
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

The sheep are scared

They put the lotion their skin

Or else it gets the hose again
AggieDub14
AG
You getting pissed at others who are simply following the rules of who pays them is unproductive
30wedge
unmade bed said:

Ironically, waiting in line to get in a store is probably more likely to cause spread then actually going into the store and being near someone for 10-15 seconds.
Exactly
30wedge
BigRobSA said:

So, I'm still in Minneapolis area for work, hiring and training to staff up properties here. So, Saturdays are my day off-ish. I went to an outlet mall to buy some shoes for my son. Like me, he has huge feet and is growing like a weed. People think he's three or four. He's two and on track to probably be taller than me. Anyway, I went to an OUTDOOR outlet mall and everyone was wearing masks outside. Not me, because I'm not a tard. So, I go to walk into the Nike store....there's a line to get in. HUGE store and they only let a few people in at a time. Not based upon science at all, since there is no data showing shopping at any stores is a spread issue. I choose to go to other footwear stores. I wanted to look in the Converse store, and there was someone with his hand on the entrance door but non-descript other than "a lot smaller than me". So, I proceed to yank the door open and lo and behold, it's a security guard. He tells me "Hold on a minute!", and I asked why. "Too many people in the store." There were maybe ten people in the store, other than 2 or 3 employees. I just about lost my ***** "Nevermind, moron, I'll go somewhere that wants my money."

I was fuming, because stupidity REALLY pisses me off. (A huge reason I hate liberalism, it's based on the stupidest ****ing ideas ever thought up.) but I went to Foot Action and the Skechers stores. I was so pissed, I couldn't see straight, so I just left the whole thing. Twice I was asked why I wasn't masked OUTSIDE in the sunlight. "Because I'm not ruhtarded and I understand science." and walked on to my vehicle.

I am at my wits end. I don't understand the sheer terror and willingness to look past ALL of the data that shows

1) it's weak as ****
2) masks don't work, not even outside
3) shopping isn't known to be a spread event
4) being around people, in general, for seconds at a time isn't known to be a spread event
5) the "vaccine" isn't a vaccine, it's a new-fangled fru shot. It won't be the end of this, nor was it designed to be.

yet morons make up rules based on nothing but sheer ****stickedness and mental deficiency.

I'm a gentle giant, not quick to anger unless a loved one is in danger. I don't even really get mad at anything directed at me, just ones I'm duty-bound to protect. But I was seconds away from snapping, honest to God. And, I wouldn't want someone my size losing his **** if I was a regular sized person. I can't be the only one at the end of their rope over the absolute insanity that the wannabe flu has brought about. ???

Tell then you are from Somalia and they will move you to the head of the line.

I am lucky, live in a small town, and haven't run into anything like you did. I know it would have made me order online and would have my stuff in a day or two. Not investing the time nor the aggravation in that crap.
BigRobSA
AggieDub14 said:

You getting pissed at others who are simply following the rules of who pays them is unproductive
Them pushing away otherwise paying customers is much more unproductive, especially based on idiocy and not a shred of science.

Nobody carries my size, but I was looking for a couple pairs of shoes for my son whose feet shoot up a size every month or two. Drove to a DSW, got better prices on the same name-brand shoes and wasn't accosted at the door with dumbassery. Their loss, not mine.
AggieDub14
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

Them pushing away otherwise paying customers is much more unproductive, especially based on idiocy and not a shred of science.

Nobody carries my size, but I was looking for a couple pairs of shoes for my son whose feet shoot up a size every month or two. Drove to a DSW, got better prices on the same name-brand shoes and wasn't accosted at the door with dumbassery. Their loss, not mine.

This is like yelling at a cashier because they won't accept an expired coupon. They aren't making the policy. They are just enforcing it.

On another note, I wear size 15. Pretty much exclusively buy shoes online now. Hard to find in store. I know your pain.
BigRobSA
AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

This is like yelling at a cashier because they won't accept an expired coupon. They aren't making the policy. They are just enforcing it.

On another note, I wear size 15. Pretty much exclusively buy shoes online now. Hard to find in store. I know your pain.
No, that's based upon science. Linear time.

This bull**** isn't. At all. Even a little.

Yeah, I usually order online. 16s for me.
AggieDub14
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

Lol coupon expiration isn't based on science.

The point is you are angry and a front line employee for following the guidelines laid out by their employer. You are well within your right to disagree with what's happening and it's fine to be upset about it. But treating people badly because they are simply doing their job isn't cool.
Tanya 93
Is losing your mind similar to me losing my bacon?
BigRobSA
AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

Lol coupon expiration isn't based on science.

The point is you are angry and a front line employee for following the guidelines laid out by their employer. You are well within your right to disagree with what's happening and it's fine to be upset about it. But treating people badly because they are simply doing their job isn't cool.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he'll relay the story to his superiors and if they hear enough stories of lost customers, based only upon them being ****ing ruhtards, then maybe they'll change. Sitting back and taking it hasn't worked. It's not like I assaulted him for being stupid. I left peacefully and took my money to a smarter company.
AggieDub14
AG
You keep saying he was being stupid. When in reality he was simply doing his job.
BigRobSA
AggieDub14 said:

You keep saying he was being stupid. When in reality he was simply doing his job.
His job is stupid. He did it well.
TTUArmy
AggieDub14 said:

I wonder how often this excuse was trotted out during the Nuremberg trials...
Philip J Fry
AG
AggieDub14 said:

BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

Cashier or not, complain loud enough for the companies to hear it.
AggieDub14
AG
TTUArmy said:

AggieDub14 said:

Oh was he killing people?
BigRobSA
AggieDub14 said:

TTUArmy said:

AggieDub14 said:

No, just helping kill the economy.
FriscoKid
AG
You still bought into this hysteria. You are one of a handful of legacy posters that I lost respect for over the past year. It's a real virus with real effects on a lot of people, but the reaction to it has broken our civil society.
AggieDub14
AG
BigRobSA said:

AggieDub14 said:

TTUArmy said:

AggieDub14 said:

No, just helping kill the economy.

Earning a wage would actually do the opposite
Maroon Dawn
AG
Sorry man

But you're right, it's not about science

It's about businesses being terrified of being sued into oblivion by someone saying they got COVID from them and it killed their MeeMaw

Like I said before, grant businesses immunity from COVID law suits and it would be like the virus never existed by the end of the week
Aston04
AG
If I'm outside in Minnesota in February and I have a mask handy, I'm putting it on. Nothing to do with 'rona.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.