Biden Already Starting Wars

11,243 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
NormanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roster4Ag said:

Ag_SGT said:

I'd say get us out of the ME completely and devote the vast majority of our focus on readying our military to fight actual threats like Russia and China but after Biden's war on the energy industry and giving up our energy independence it looks like the military will continue be stuck in the sand box
Russia has never been a serious threat to the United States since Stalin died.
BS. When Russia was putting nuclear armed missiles in Cuba in the early 60's they were damn sure setting up "a serious threat to the United States". We almost had WWIII over that crisis. Maybe you are too young to remember that? And since they don't appear to teach history in our schools anymore, there is no way for you to know that.
Rooster4Ag
AG
Stalin was an erratic personality who openly contemplated WW3. Khrushchev was a politician who thought he could game kennedy. There was never going to be any Armageddon from Cuba unless Castro himself acted off the reservation. But I never sat in on those briefings either so maybe I shouldn't have an opinion. Were we actually close to ww3, or was it just another heroic moment that modern countries have used to uphold their civic traditions in the place of classic myths? Probably a bit of both.
What have ye done to surpass man?
No Spin Ag
Roster4Ag said:

Pull out of the middle east, unless we're committed to a full conquest and colonization.

Couldn't agree more. And an extra plus will be not having to give money, or use resources, for Israel. I'm sure they'll be fine without us.
aTmAg
AG
So Biden was holding negotiations with Iran behind Trump's back (and was part of an administration that gave them pallets of money) and we are supposed to believe he's getting tough on Iran all of the sudden?

This is all show.
IamShado
It only took him 1 month..... ONE
BQ78
AG
Anybody hear what assets were used in this attack, i.e. cruise missiles, drone strike, aircraft, etc. None of the reports seem to be mentioning that or showing any post-attack damage. Guess this administration isn't as open about that as the last one.

Just wondering what we risked or didn't and what it cost us.
Clob94
74OA
AG
BQ78 said:

Anybody hear what assets were used in this attack, i.e. cruise missiles, drone strike, aircraft, etc. None of the reports seem to be mentioning that or showing any post-attack damage. Guess this administration isn't as open about that as the last one.

See link I posted at the bottom of page 3. Lists assets used and shows BDA picts.
Teslag
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Don't see the issue with it unless we put more boots on the ground.

Don't want use involved in any further ME conflicts. Best part of Trump's admin by far was largely avoiding them.

But if we need to bomb a few targets to keep Iran in check, I'm not going to bash it. Trump would have made the same call.

Hey look, "trump voter" Boyd is playing goalie for the left again.
Tex117
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Iran tested him and I'm glad he took action. Wish it was more definitive (like specifically killing their top general) but action is better than nothing
This.

I want to hear more about what happened and why, but this is my thought going into it.
Clob94
BQ78 said:

Supposedly we used F15s for the strike and E11s for signal support.
BQ78
AG
Thanks
scottimus
AG
NormanAg said:

Roster4Ag said:

Ag_SGT said:

I'd say get us out of the ME completely and devote the vast majority of our focus on readying our military to fight actual threats like Russia and China but after Biden's war on the energy industry and giving up our energy independence it looks like the military will continue be stuck in the sand box
BS. When Russia was putting nuclear armed missiles in Cuba in the early 60's they were damn sure setting up "a serious threat to the United States". We almost had WWIII over that crisis. Maybe you are too young to remember that? And since they don't appear to teach history in our schools anymore, there is no way for you to know that.
That was 60 years...6 Decades...over 1/2 a Century...3 Generations ago....If you are still afraid of Russia by conventional means after this much time, you are not keeping up with actual threats.

Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
richardag
Ozzy Osbourne said:

Biden needs to take the price of those bombs out of Iran's next paycheck
Ironic isn't it. What is Iran asking for $1 trillion/$2 trillion in reparations for the sanctions?
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Tom Doniphon
Have the communist Muslims from Minnesota weighed in yet? Some people did some things...
BQ78
AG
Guess you missed the huge Russian "mercenary" attack on our bases in Syria a couple of years ago.

This attitude is rich coming from the "Russia, Russia Russia" crowd.
NormanAg
AG
scottimus said:

NormanAg said:

Roster4Ag said:

Ag_SGT said:

That was 60 years...6 Decades...over 1/2 a Century...3 Generations ago....If you are still afraid of Russia by conventional means after this much time, you are not keeping up with actual threats.

Please read the quote I was responding to. "Russia has never been a serious threat to the United States since Stalin died. " Note the "never" part. THAT is what I was responding to. I grew up during the Cold War, during which my father was an AF nuclear weapon technician. He worked on nuke bombs for B-47 and B-52 bombers, tactical nukes carried by F-100 fighters, and Atlas and Titian missile nuke warheads. I then served 21 years in the AF myself. While not in Strategic Air Command per se, I supported SAC B-1, B-52, and KC-135 tanker operations quite often.

Been retired for 20 years, now, but I DO keep up with "current events", as my long history of posting on this forum proves. Yes, I HAVE "kept up with actual threats." I never said I "was still afraid of the Russians". Again, it was the "never" in the quote that I was responding to.

On a side note - Russia has been able to do a lot of damage to our political process through our very own social media platforms and are now even bolder with their recent hacking of Solar Winds.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Troutslime said:

If he takes out Assad, I'd be good with it.

You are showing your ignorance.

Assad has been actively fighting ISIS and even though he is a dictator he keeps religious extremists and terrorists in check.

The "rebels" who are opposing him are Islamic terrorists. Just like with Sadam, he keeps the various religious factions in line by basically oppressing everyone.

Take Assad out and the entire region becomes destabilized because religious fanatics are allowed to run amuck and make war on each other.

This violence then spills internationally and is more dangerous to the international community.

Take Assad out and the international community is in more danger. Keep him under control and draw a hard line in the sand and the international community is safer.

Trump understood this and sent Assad a warning by destroying his chemical weapons depots without putting troops on the ground. Making it clear we would not tolerate the amassing such weapons or the use of such weapons especially on civilians.

Assad got the message and backed off.

But sure. If you want to be in the middle east for another 30 years like we were with Iraq and if you want religious extremists to run amuck and if you want to enrich gun runners, weapons manufacturers and bleed the American taxpayer dry then yeah let's take Assad out.

This. As much as I hate to agree with Xi Jinping, you have to judge a government based on how well it works for its people and in its situation (though he's probably full of **** when he says this). Assad's government works in that corner of the world because that's the kind of government that part of the world understands. Like him or hate him, for the most part it's what they want and what they need because ensuing over there is so tribal.
aggiehawg
AG
scottimus said:

NormanAg said:

Roster4Ag said:

Ag_SGT said:

LOL. So we are back to Obama's the 1980s called they want their foreign policy back?
Rooster4Ag
AG
Hey, but you haven't sat in on the classified briefings. I hear George Patton was there, along with Stonewall Jackson.
What have ye done to surpass man?
BoydCrowder13
Salute The Marines said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Don't see the issue with it unless we put more boots on the ground.

Don't want use involved in any further ME conflicts. Best part of Trump's admin by far was largely avoiding them.

But if we need to bomb a few targets to keep Iran in check, I'm not going to bash it. Trump would have made the same call.

Hey look, "trump voter" Boyd is playing goalie for the left again.
Did you not support Trump when he did the same? I did.

Look at the "Trump Voter" that apparently supported none of Trump's actual policies.
aggiehawg
AG

That's a screen shot.

So was Pelosi and Schumer alerted? Or not?
Irish 2.0
aggiehawg said:

That's a screen shot.

So was Pelosi and Schumer alerted? Or not?

They tried to tell Nancy but couldn't find which bar she was in
Matt_ag98
BQ78 said:

Guess you missed the huge Russian "mercenary" attack on our bases in Syria a couple of years ago.

This attitude is rich coming from the "Russia, Russia Russia" crowd.

Yeah that didn't end well for the "advisors" to the Syrian Army...but then again it never happened, I wonder what the parents and children thought back in Russian when Dad never came back from Syria...
aggiehawg
AG
I guess they were briefed.

Quote:

The Biden administration briefed congressional leadership before ordering strikes on Iranian-backed militia groups in Syria on Thursday and intends to give lawmakers a full classified briefing by earlier next week, according to the White House.

"The Department of Defense briefed Congressional leadership before the action last night. The Administration has been briefing the Hill at the Member- and staff-level today. There will be a full classified briefing early next week at the latest," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement.

Psaki also told reporters aboard Air Force One that President Biden authorized the strikes to send an "unambiguous message" to Iran that "he's going to act to protect Americans."
The Hill
oldschoolcat
AG
nm
FCBlitz
I read the report. The targets were building just inside the border and were hit with a few 500 lb bombs. My guess is they didn't even enter in Syrian Airspace.
aggiehawg
AG
Guess Tim Kaine didn't get the memo.

Quote:

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), a member of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called on President Joe Biden to consult Congress on Thursday's deadly airstrikes targeting Iran-backed military groups in eastern Syria.

"The American people deserve to hear the Administration's rationale for these strikes and its legal justification for acting without coming to Congress," Kaine said in a Friday statement. "Offensive military action without congressional approval is not constitutional absent extraordinary circumstances. Congress must be fully briefed on this matter expeditiously."
LINK
mrad85
AG
"In addition, the Pentagon made sure to consult with coalition partners ahead of the move, as well as contact and notify the Russian government just prior to the strike using deconfliction channels currently in place."

Oh the stories that can't be told concerning anything to do with contacting and notifying Russia just prior to the attack.

This nonsense has been going on for a long time, nothing new here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

Some day they will make a movie about this, or they should
oldschoolcat
AG
So I just read that Kamala Harris wasn't informed of the operation either.

My conspiracy brain thinks Ol' Joe might have been set up.
Proper Twelve

Lol oh David French never change
Gigem314
AG
aggiehawg said:

Guess Tim Kaine didn't get the memo.

Quote:

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), a member of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called on President Joe Biden to consult Congress on Thursday's deadly airstrikes targeting Iran-backed military groups in eastern Syria.

"The American people deserve to hear the Administration's rationale for these strikes and its legal justification for acting without coming to Congress," Kaine said in a Friday statement. "Offensive military action without congressional approval is not constitutional absent extraordinary circumstances. Congress must be fully briefed on this matter expeditiously."
LINK

richardag
mrad85 said:

"In addition, the Pentagon made sure to consult with coalition partners ahead of the move, as well as contact and notify the Russian government just prior to the strike using deconfliction channels currently in place."

Oh the stories that can't be told concerning anything to do with contacting and notifying Russia just prior to the attack.

This nonsense has been going on for a long time, nothing new here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

Some day they will make a movie about this, or they should
wonder if anyone was left at the building that was bombed.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
aggiehawg
AG
Schiff, too.

Maybe it was a sticky note left on the door to his office?
The Fall Guy
AG
Russia Russia Russia!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.