COVID 3rd deadliest event in US History

4,586 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sims
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
highvelocity said:

the flu doesnt exist anymore, havent you heard!

Fact check? True.

highvelocity
AG
L O ****ING L
beerad12man
AG
The only problem I have with the flu stuff is it's going to be just the ammo some need to continue to push masks and social distancing forever. Some truly are crazy enough to do it.
Keegan99
AG
Though it's disappeared worldwide. And did so before the "mitigation" measures.

Bobaloo
COVID is a legit joke
beerad12man
AG
Crazy. Though those with an agenda will still push that it's because of all the measures we've taken and we need to continue to do so.
CanyonAg77
AG
beerad12man said:

larry culpepper said:

beerad12man said:

larry culpepper said:

I think Cuomo is a pos too...

I'm just frustrated and disheartened that covid denial has become a mainstream GOP position.
The vast majority don't deny it. We just don't think life should have halted because of it. Hth
Fair enough, but time and time again you see posts on here saying the death count is bull****
I agree that the comments about how 99% of the 500k would be dead by now are dumb. That's likely 5-10%, maybe 20%. But certainly not 99%.

Most of the people who died were older than 80, or had other health problems that don't exactly lead to long lives.

Obviously there are outliers of people who were apparently healthy and died of COVID. Happens all the time with all sorts of conditions.
zoneag
beerad12man said:

Crazy. Though those with an agenda will still push that it's because of all the measures we've taken and we need to continue to do so.

While at the same time saying that cases and deaths are only happening because not enough people wear masks.
Strategy
AG
And 90% of those deaths had pre existing conditions.

Please STFU about rona.

No one cares.

Really.
agracer
AG
agracer said:

Cassius said:

Keegan99 said:

* without normalizing for population, thus rendering it quantitatively meaningless

. Heart Disease has killed more than any of those. Pretty sure abortion is number 1 though.
I rescind my post. Communism has killed more humans than any other even in history.
ttu_85
Bondag said:

As of 2018, about 700,000 people have died of HIV/AIDS in the U.S. since the beginning of the HIV epidemic
Yep. Now do heart disease and Cancer. Libs are idiots. Absolutely no ability to think critically.

Masses of stupid people truly scare me.
IamShado
Covid isn't a singular event. It's a disease. Why did they not show other diseases on that chart? How many people have died of the Flu, Cancer, HIV, etc? Give me those numbers then we can discuss.
ttu_85
larry culpepper said:

I think Cuomo is a pos too...

I'm just frustrated and disheartened that covid denial has become a mainstream GOP position.
Right !!!
Then go hide under your bed and leave the rest of us alone.
IamShado
Bobaloo said:

COVID is a legit joke
Covid isn't a joke... my brother almost died of Covid last week.

But the RESPONSE to Covid is definitely a joke. The overwhelming majority of people aren't at risk. There's certain groups that are at risk, yet we are locking down the entire country, including people who have practically zero risk (kids) when we could have just locked down nursing homes and done responsible and targeted short term quarantines.
agracer
AG
IamShado said:

Bobaloo said:

COVID is a legit joke

But the RESPONSE to Covid is definitely a joke. The overwhelming majority of people aren't at risk. There's certain groups that are at risk, yet we are locking down the entire country, including people who have practically zero risk (kids) when we could have just locked down nursing homes and done responsible and targeted short term quarantines.

Yes, and we knew this LAST MARCH with the data coming out of Italy.
zoneag
IamShado said:

Bobaloo said:

COVID is a legit joke

But doing that wouldn't have allowed for massive mail in voting and implementation of radical leftist pipe dreams in blue states. It also wouldn't have allowed big city teachers unions to have a yearlong paid vacation.
Sims
AG
Covid19 hasn't even come remotely close to the number of deaths that being human is responsible for.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.