Precedent is set: every president who loses the house will be impeached

3,963 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by notex
Jmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ellis Wyatt said:

eric76 said:

If Trump had recognized that he lost the election instead of continuing to try to stir up controversy to get the election that he clearly lost awarded to him, then it is very unlikely that he would have been impeached again.
Oh yeah? What's the excuse for Obama spying on Trump?

a campaign manager providing internal polling data to a foreign intelligence that was actively intervening in an election and having inside info on public drops of hack info on their opponent that the foreign intelligence had hacked. That's what the R led Senate Intel Committee said Trump's campaign did in 2016 in their 2020 report.
lb3
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

It's on, apparently.
What makes you think there will ever be another divided government?
Tanya 93
West Texas Lawyer said:

Win the house in 2022, investigate the sh*t out of Joe and impeach his ass. That's how the game is played.

I'm astonished at the left's ability to hate a single person so much.

Like he is going to be President come the first week of Feb in 2023
Magic City Wings
This was the case when Clinton got impeached for lying about a blowjob...

(he probably should have been removed from office for the act, but the investigation was a way bigger witch hunt than anything Trump claims)
txagbear
Precedence was set years ago
30wedge
Can't win the House as long as the democrats go unpunished for cheating.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

Win the house in 2022, investigate the sh*t out of Joe and impeach his ass. That's how the game is played.

Why investigate? The quid pro quo with Ukraine and Burisma to protect Hunter is sufficient grounds.
Don't stop there, go after Heels Up as well. Doesn't have to be much. Peddling false information in the Kavanaugh hearings. Impeach Nancy as well. Who the flying flip cares if she retires. Trump will be out of office but they still want to go down this rabbit hole, so impeach everybody!!!
will25u
Gigem314
AG
txagbear said:

Precedence was set years ago
Just weak excuses for your party's embarrassing behavior.

I hope your savior Joe gets the same respect.
Correction
will25u said:

That'll show 'em Marge!
geoag58
AG
eric76 said:

If Trump had recognized that he lost the election instead of continuing to try to stir up controversy to get the election that he clearly lost awarded to him, then it is very unlikely that he would have been impeached again.

I don't see this as setting any kind of a precedent for normal elections involving rational Presidents.

So you think the appeasement route is the correct choice?

ETA
I can't decide if you should change your screen name to Chamberlain or Goebbels.
DannyDuberstein
AG
eric76 said:

I don't see this as setting any kind of a precedent for normal elections involving rational Presidents.

Impeached twice for not breaking the law once is a terrible precedent. Impeachment is officially a 100% political tool now, not a legal one. Anyone who isn't a completely biased moron can see that.
eric76
AG
geoag58 said:

eric76 said:

So you think the appeasement route is the correct choice?
Who said anything about appeasement? Well, you did, I guess.

Trump lost the election but like a little crybaby he's been having tantrums about it ever since.
Gigem314
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Impeached twice for not breaking the law once is a terrible precedent. Impeachment is officially a 100% political tool now, not a legal one. Anyone who isn't a completely biased moron can see that.
Bingo. The process means nothing now.

It's just something they'll continue using against Republicans that win elections.

It's a tantrum now, nothing more.
eric76
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Only a completely biased moron could fail to see that if Trump had admitted the truth about losing the election and quit acting like a crybaby and whining about it to his cult to get what he wants, there would not have been a second impeachment.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Thanks for proving my point eric. You never fail to deliver
Maroon Dawn
AG
eric76 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Only a completely biased moron could fail to see that if Trump had admitted the truth about losing the election and quit acting like a crybaby and whining about it to his cult to get what he wants, there would not have been a second impeachment.

Only a biased leftist pretending to be a Concerned Moderate won't admit Trump has done nothing wrong and both impeachment's are 100% politically motivated liberal temper tantrums
eric76
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

eric76 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Only a biased leftist pretending to be a Concerned Moderate won't admit Trump has done nothing wrong and both impeachment's are 100% politically motivated liberal temper tantrums
Clearly not true. I'm a Classical Liberal which is very different from a leftist.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

Joe should be in prison.
Maroon Dawn
AG
eric76 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

eric76 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Clearly true. I'm a Liberal which is the exact same as a leftist.

FIFY
Ogre09
AG
Incite a riot?
Impeachment

Collude with Russia to get elected?
Impeachment

Get a blowjob from an intern?
Impeachment
Carnwellag2
eric76 said:

Only the liberals will say it doesn't set precedent.

Just like Harry Reid changing filibuster rules - thinking it doesn't set precedent
Ellis Wyatt
Husky Boy Jr. said:

Another alternative for future presidents is not encouraging a terrorist attack against the USA.
Obama armed terrorists in Mexico and throughout the Middle East who ended up killing Americans with those weapons. You voted for him twice as a reward.
BusterAg
AG
eric76 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

eric76 said:

Easy there Tiger. Getting a little too riled up, me thinks.

I be you think that Jeffery Epstein killed himself, too, just because no one was able to get a murder charge to stick.

Your definition of the Truth must be "whatever the media keeps repeating dozens of times."

Calling no fraud "the truth" and people that voted for Trump (all 75 million of them) a cult just makes you sound like a whiney little 12 year old girl.

Trump had every right to pursue every avenue he did (except with that stupid thing with Pence), and something Democrats have done all along.

Finally, "acting like a crybaby and whining about stuff" is not even an impeachable offence. If it was, Nancy would have been boot out long, long ago. In fact, she could probably be impeached just for bringing these last stupid, pointless articles of impeachment to a vote.
BusterAg
AG
I think that the republicans should impeach Harris three times once she takes office and the GOP has the house, just to set the record.

For fun, they should do three days in a row.
MouthBQ98
AG
Fify

Ogre09 said:

Get blamed by opposition for Inciting a riot?
Impeachment

Get falsely accused of some vague quid pro quo corruption on a diplomatic call to Ukraine?
Impeachment

Lie to a grand jury about Getting a blowjob from an intern? (Not to mention an abuse of power over a subordinate that would get any corporate manger fired on the spot)
Impeachment

MouthBQ98
AG
I'm not saying it's a good precedent, but if you look at the history of impeachments, we are on a downward trajectory over how frivolous and nakedly political they are.
notex
AG
I look forward to Obama's impeachment in 2022, as well as President Harris.

It will be quite fun.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.