So, if I were at the rally

9,270 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YokelRidesAgain
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If her political views have no impact on the burger; then it shouldn't impact your patronage. You've reduced political discourse to mob justice.

What if all of your patients suddenly take offense to one of your personally held beliefs that isn't related to medicine and now you're out of a job?

Your posts always reek of this kind of BS.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

If her political views have no impact on the burger; then it shouldn't impact your patronage. You've reduced political discourse to mob justice.
No, see, I eat, or don't, where I want. For any reason. #freedom #MURICA

Are you seriously asserting that every conservative on this board should go to my local Cuban cafe that has pictures of Fidel on the walls, solely based on the quality of their frijoles negros? Of course you're not.

Quote:

What if all of your patients suddenly take offense to one of your personally held beliefs that isn't related to medicine and now you're out of a job?
Given where I live, there's not much chance of that. Know your audience.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
K8sblue
EarlCampbellsThighs said:

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/16/18/1618ca993695d4cb84dd546dfe4de4e1ac64af7d_28991_u75943.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-officer-quits-after-organizing-buses-dozens-attend-pro-trump-n1253712

As an officer in the military she has no rights to political speech. Period. She took an oath along those lines. It's not part of an officer's code of conduct.

This is not true.
L1TexAg95
AG

Muy said:

Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?

Has that happened to anyone? ETA: anyone at this debacle in DC?
Yes, Chuck Norris
Krazykat
AG
Wear a ski mask and leave your phone at home.
TexAgs91
AG
Amerika is a scary place
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
one MEEN Ag said:

Nike makes excellent gear.
DamnGood86
AG
No Spin Ag said:

If someone stayed behind where the barriers were set, I wouldn't support anything happening to them. If they went past the barriers, that's on them because the barriers were set to tell people they couldn't go past them.

I want punishment commensurate with the level of destruction a person commits, or committed by those who with they stood. This would apply to all rioting, not just that behavior at the Capitol.

You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
one MEEN Ag
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

one MEEN Ag said:

No, see, I eat, or don't, where I want. For any reason. #freedom #MURICA

Are you seriously asserting that every conservative on this board should go to my local Cuban cafe that has pictures of Fidel on the walls, solely based on the quality of their frijoles negros? Of course you're not.

Quote:

Given where I live, there's not much chance of that. Know your audience.

Good lord I want to know where you practice so I know to never go near it.

A) having Castro pictures up in a restaurant is different than having privately held beliefs that become public through doxxing. In your example, that business owner decided to mix politics with her brand.

B) I know my audience. Your job, education, and necessity in the medical industry insulates you against repercussions for things like political statements. Not everyone has that ability, not even close. And the idea is that conservative political speech/endorsements as an individual can break a persons business. It shouldn't. But it does. And so there's a chilling effect.

Much like dentists being doxxed for hunting African game.

You're the epitome of the joke 'What do you call the last ranked person in medical school.'
YokelRidesAgain
AG

Quote:

Good lord I want to know where you practice so I know to never go near it.
Minneapolis. I agree you should stay away; you wouldn't like it here.

Quote:

having Castro pictures up in a restaurant is different than having privately held beliefs that become public through doxxing. In your example, that business owner decided to mix politics with her brand.
Fine, let's say a person lives in a small town and attends a rally for a particular political candidate. In so doing, the person's business may be more, or less, likely to attract customers based on their political stance. The reality of the internet era is that everyone can potentially find out about any public actions a person has taken with the click of a mouse. I can find out who owns a local restaurant or barbershop and see which political candidates they have supported; that's not "doxxing"; it's a matter of public record.

What is being advocated for is an absence of consequences for the reactions of your customers to something that you did, in fact, do.

Quote:

B) I know my audience. Your job, education, and necessity in the medical industry insulates you against repercussions for things like political statements. Not everyone has that ability, not even close.
Yep. None of us are irreplaceable, but some of us are more replaceable than others. That's life.

Quote:

You're the epitome of the joke 'What do you call the last ranked person in medical school.'
You're at the wrong end of the class rankings there, chief, but anyway, your cheap insults have nothing to do with me.

It's just amusing how many of you fall victim to the idea that if you don't agree with me you must be BAAAAAD!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Guardian Angel
AG
Old McDonald said:

considering conservatives here spent the last six months characterizing the blm protests as looting/murdering/burning down of cities, it's ironic to now see them crying about the "peaceful" trump protesters being canceled

turns out people all over the political spectrum just love to characterize a movement by its worst minority as long as they can use it to demonize their perceived enemies
guns are dangerous
Pike Bishop
AG

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-officer-quits-after-organizing-buses-dozens-attend-pro-trump-n1253712

As an officer in the military she has no rights to political speech. Period. She took an oath along those lines. It's not part of an officer's code of conduct.

I wouldn't say she has no rights to political speech. That's a bit of an exaggeration. Her rights are restricted in some ways and circumstances. Or think of them as limited by her role as an officer in the armed forces.

Army investigators are probably now focused on establishing what it was she did and said. And where it all happened.
I am the Reverend Pike Bishop of the Church of What's Happening Now and I approve this message.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
If you were there cheering on any attempt at breaking into the White House, I think you should be incarcerated. If you saw what was happening and backed away, then no.
biglebowski
Muy said:

Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?

They will continue to come after folks. In their warped minds all maga people are now terrorist. It will get worse when the new regime comes in.
Ag in Hutto, Tx
BluHorseShu
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

That's not BS at all. Do you know how often people on F16 have claimed they'd do the same or worse if they knew someone was liberal? Some said they would fire (or hoped company would fire) liberals because they believe they are destroying this country. It's not right, it's not Christian, but thanks to social media, it's where we are. Some people on both sides want to punish the other side simply for their views. It's not right, but until our country comes together, this will continue.
Gaius Rufus
Pike Bishop said:

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

I wouldn't say she has no rights to political speech. That's a bit of an exaggeration. Her rights are restricted in some ways and circumstances. Or think of them as limited by her role as an officer in the armed forces.

Army investigators are probably now focused on establishing what it was she did and said. And where it all happened.

If they wanted to go hard on her they would bring charges under UCMJ Article 94, specifically paragraph 3.

Quote:

(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/pjanicke/military%20law/segment%202.%20offenses/insubordination%20offenses/mcm_on_art.94_mutiny_and_sedition.doc

Also, she better hope she didn't use her UNCLAS system/email to do any planning for this trip.
Gaius Rufus
BluHorseShu said:

one MEEN Ag said:

That's not BS at all. Do you know how often people on F16 have claimed they'd do the same or worse if they knew someone was liberal? Some said they would fire (or hoped company would fire) liberals because they believe they are destroying this country. It's not right, it's not Christian, but thanks to social media, it's where we are. Some people on both sides want to punish the other side simply for their views. It's not right, but until our country comes together, this will continue.

I remember a specific poster who lied about firing an employee because they voted for Obama. CBS fact-checked it, actually...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/was-employee-laid-off-for-voting-for-obama/
Rusty Aha
AG
https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/pat-miletich-loses-mma-broadcasting-job-after-attending-capitol-riot/
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Wuhan Virology Lab said:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/pat-miletich-loses-mma-broadcasting-job-after-attending-capitol-riot/
Guilty by association. If you want to hang out with extremists, you better be prepared to pay the consequences.
WHOOP!'91
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Wuhan Virology Lab said:

Guilty by association. If you want to hang out with extremists, you better be prepared to pay the consequences.
Goal posts moved.

Step 1: Nobody is losing their jobs just for being there
Step 2: Well, they deserved it for hanging out with extremists

Scary how authoritarian some "Americans" are
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Bag
AG

Who? I missed where people who went to DC and then left immediately have been punished.

100% this has happened, good friend that was there has been doxed to the point of death threats she is married with children her only crime is being at the wrong place at the wrong time
notex
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

The authorities may well decide that prosecuting people who were merely present does not serve the interests of justice, and that is fine with me. Nevertheless and notwithstanding that, however, everyone who was on the steps of the Capitol either knew they were doing something illegal, or are first rate morons. Consequences regarding their employment are the business of their employers, and not mine.
This is factually wrong information.

I've stood on the capitol steps many times, not just when I was there to take a tour. It's open for tours daily, as well, 6 days a week. Most commonly when I was a kid in the area, we'd go to the west side steps. My most memorable recollection was meeting both Strom Thurmond, and Lloyd Bentsen on the little tram to/from OE/senate office building underneath.

But anyway, standing on the steps outside of the capitol is not a crime, is not insurrectionist, and if in fact the police moved barricades as has been asserted to facilitate this, I can't imagine why a marginally literate person would see it as such.

Now, the agent provocateurs I do see as having lead a group/groups obviously into lawless/deadly behavior. I am curious if law enforcement (no one trusts the FBI any longer) will track these folks down appropriately. The map of the city looks different now than it has in my memory. The government is certainly building barriers vs. the people, which is only going to be a long term problem, not a solution.

The consequences of criminalizing/delegitimizing the political speech of one half of the electorate/population are dangerous and a concern moving forward in a constitutional republic such as the US, and it's unfortunate left wing partisans such as yourself dismiss it, imho.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
notex
AG
Yeah, that's right doctor, I did in fact post that responsively to your condescending, factually ignorant, and highly partisan inflamatory remarks accusing Americans of crimes/stupidity.

Have a nice day.
LegalDrugPusher
5622970462348604276.mov
one MEEN Ag
AG
Is Yokel actually Shanked Punt?

The names work. We're surprised when a user named shanked punt constantly has the worst takes on threads.

This guys post certainly puts the slack jaw in yokel. Maybe they're part of the same schtick and we just take the bait every time.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
notex said:

Yeah, that's right doctor, I did in fact post that responsively to your condescending, factually ignorant, and highly partisan inflamatory remarks accusing Americans of crimes/stupidity.

Have a nice day.
I don't know why my reply didn't post, but in any event, it is your information that is wrong at present, as already covered on this thread. There have been no tours of the Capitol since the pandemic started.

I also don't know when the last time was when you were at the Capitol. I was there in February; all visitors were clearly directed to enter through the underground visitor center. The main doors were clearly marked for official business only.
notex
AG
Impossible. He's a doctor, you know.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Is Yokel actually Shanked Punt?
I'm not shanked, dude. I've been on here for 10 years under the same user name and I have never had a sock (other than maybe making a user name as a joke, and honestly I don't even think I've done that).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.