So, if I were at the rally

9,283 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YokelRidesAgain
mesocosm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

spider96 said:

EarlCampbellsThighs said:

Who? I missed where people who went to DC and then left immediately have been punished.

From a quick DuckDuckGo search.

Allentown school suspends teacher over protest

Some people are out of their jobs after images appear online

There was a restaurant owner on last night that was being canceled because she took her veteran father to hear the president speak.

That's what the left is doing. That's what the left HAS been doing for years.

Well that is wrong if true. There is nothing wrong with taking Dad to hear the president speak. However, if Dad had his picture taken inside the Capital then he should go to jail for a long time
Religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world - Bertrand Russell
Tramp96
mesocosm said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

spider96 said:

Who? I missed where people who went to DC and then left immediately have been punished.

From a quick DuckDuckGo search.

Allentown school suspends teacher over protest

Some people are out of their jobs after images appear online

There was a restaurant owner on last night that was being canceled because she took her veteran father to hear the president speak.

Well that is wrong if true. There is nothing wrong with taking Dad to hear the president speak. However, if Dad had his picture taken inside the Capital then he should go to jail for a long time
On what charge, exactly?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

All of these posts are the same. We have a problem. We have a million problem identifiers.

We need solutions. We need leadership.

And a responsible media.
leftcoastaggie
AG
policywonk98 said:

Its potentially worse.

I haven't found any evidence the Capitol was closed to visitors on Jan 6. If you were a Trump supporter and went through the proper security to be in the Capitol as a visitor and then this mob pushed its way into the building. What about you?
If you want to visit the Capitol you have to enter it through the visitor's center. The visitor's center has been closed for tours due to COVID. The Capitol has been closed for tours since March. Top banner on the visitor center's page.

https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/special-tours-and-activities
Gyles Marrett
If you believed the media you'd think everyone at the protest got out of hand when in reality there was probably 100k that protested properly while a few hundred acted like morons...yet all of those thousands are getting blamed. It's a joke.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

If you believed the media you'd think everyone at the protest got out of hand when in reality there was probably 100k that protested properly while a few hundred acted like morons...yet all of those thousands are getting blamed. It's a joke.
Sounds like a BLM march....
aginresearch
AG
Wait. There were legitimate visitors inside the capitol building when this began. How do you know that every single person who might have a picture taken of them when the mob stormed the building were part of the mob?
leftcoastaggie
AG
aginresearch said:

Wait. There were legitimate visitors inside the capitol building when this began. How do you know that every single person who might have a picture taken of them when the mob stormed the building were part of the mob?
Capitol was closed for tours
aginresearch
AG
Still doesn't mean they were part of the mob. There were legitimate visitors inside the Capitol building. You are not in possession of all the facts, are you?
Old McDonald
considering conservatives here spent the last six months characterizing the blm protests as looting/murdering/burning down of cities, it's ironic to now see them crying about the "peaceful" trump protesters being canceled

turns out people all over the political spectrum just love to characterize a movement by its worst minority as long as they can use it to demonize their perceived enemies
leftcoastaggie
AG
aginresearch said:

Still doesn't mean they were part of the mob. There were legitimate visitors inside the Capitol building. You are not in possession of all the facts, are you?
Visitor's center was closed for tours. If they went to DC to hear the President speak, what were they doing in the Capitol while he was speaking? Don't you think hey would be at the White House listening to the President speak? Sounds like you aren't in possession of all the facts.
88planoAg
AG
Old McDonald said:

considering conservatives here spent the last six months characterizing the blm protests as looting/murdering/burning down of cities, it's ironic to now see them crying about the "peaceful" trump protesters being canceled

turns out people all over the political spectrum just love to characterize a movement by its worst minority as long as they can use it to demonize their perceived enemies
Flip it around. The irony and hypocrisy has traveled full circle, meaning it is equally ironic to see the left want to characterize everyone who attended the rally itself as insurrectionists. Yes, irony abounds.
leftcoastaggie
AG
88planoAg said:

Old McDonald said:

Flip it around. The irony and hypocrisy has traveled full circle, meaning it is equally ironic to see the left want to characterize everyone who attended the rally itself as insurrectionists. Yes, irony abounds.
That was the point. How quickly the right wing snowflakes melt when they feel like they are being mislabeled.
TxAgPreacher
S
FarmerJohn said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Muy said:

Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?

Just know this is the beginning. They know almost everything about you from your cell data.
If people are really serious about this, they need to start acting serious. Flip your phone off or to airplane mode before leaving your house or hotel. If you've ever traveled in a country with a more authoritarian regime, there are steps you should learn to take. I'm not making an equivalency here, just stating that if you think there is a deep state or some other conspiracy, you should act the the equivalent amount of seriousness.
Go to your phone's settings. It will show you that it knows where you spend your time, and everywhere you've been.

Google is openly censoring the sitting president. They will come after conservatives next. You can't hide, it's too late for that.
aginresearch
AG
leftcoastaggie said:

If they went to DC to hear the President speak, what were they doing in the Capitol while he was speaking? Don't you think hey would be at the White House listening to the President speak? Sounds like you aren't in possession of all the facts.
I am not claiming I am in possession of the facts. I am merely stating that isn't it possible that there were some people in the Capitol Building beyond Congressmen, Senators and staff? Furthermore that we should await more facts to emerge via an investigation before casting aspersions on anyone caught inside the Capitol Building.

If indeed the evidence showed you forced your way into the Capitol Building then I believe you should be prosecuted. However, making blanket statements without all the facts in hand is generally not advisable.

The statement I was responding to was "However, if Dad had his picture taken inside the Capital then he should go to jail for a long time" I am merely stating that we should wait until the evidence is provide that proves the context of that picture before throwing him in jail. Do you disagree with this stance?
kb2001
AG
No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?

If someone stayed behind where the barriers were set, I wouldn't support anything happening to them. If they went past the barriers, that's on them because the barriers were set to tell people they couldn't go past them.
Even if those barriers were moved by police?

They were put there for a reason, that someone in law enforcement took it upon themselves to move them doesn't take away what they were placed there for.

Now, I do believe that those officers should be punished much more harshly than anyone that they let in.
Username does not check out
leftcoastaggie
AG
aginresearch said:

leftcoastaggie said:

If they went to DC to hear the President speak, what were they doing in the Capitol while he was speaking? Don't you think hey would be at the White House listening to the President speak? Sounds like you aren't in possession of all the facts.
I am not claiming I am in possession of the facts. I am merely stating that isn't it possible that there were some people in the Capitol Building beyond Congressmen, Senators and staff? Furthermore that we should await more facts to emerge via an investigation before casting aspersions on anyone caught inside the Capitol Building.

If indeed the evidence showed you forced your way into the Capitol Building then I believe you should be prosecuted. However, generally making blanket statements without all the facts in hand is generally not advisable.

The statement I was responding to was "However, if Dad had his picture taken inside the Capital then he should go to jail for a long time" I am merely stating that we should wait until the evidence is provide that proves the context of that picture before throwing him in jail. Do you disagree with this stance?
You don't think that "Dad" would have a fair trial? I never advocated for people to be thrown in jail without a trial. But the odds that "Dad" who traveled to DC to hear the President speak, instead skipped the speech and went to the Capitol building for a tour when the Capitol building was closed for tours is a pretty far reach.
WHOOP!'91
AG
leftcoastaggie said:

Gyles Marrett said:

Sounds like a BLM march....
The same leftist hypocrites eager to note the few non peaceful rioters from the protestors are now lumping all protesters in with the rioters.

I guess that's OK when it's your side doing it.

Then again, even some considered "peaceful" were closing down public spaces and traffic thoroughfares.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

leftcoastaggie
AG
NOTE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Capitol Building and Congressional Office Buildings remain closed to the public.

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capitol-hill/visitor-information/building-access-hours

Well, here you go. Dad should be arrested for being in the Capitol Building, period.
mesocosm
AG
aginresearch said:

leftcoastaggie said:

If indeed the evidence showed you forced your way into the Capitol Building then I believe you should be prosecuted. However, making blanket statements without all the facts in hand is generally not advisable.

I will amend my statement. If Dad was in the Capital and not there on official permission then he should go to jail for a long time. After trial of course
Religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world - Bertrand Russell
aginresearch
AG
I am merely stating let the process play out. What you allege might very well be true. I'm glad we agree that a fair trial is required before throwing someone in jail.
aginresearch
AG
No problem with that.
GMaster0
You're a hypothetical victim, so tragic, like King Lear.
Betoisafurry
Old McDonald said:

We're "crying" about the double standard. I'm not aware of any miscreants from the riots(not the actual peaceful ones) being canceled. ****, the ones that were arrested were bailed out by our new VP. The double standard and hand wringing is what normal people are pissed about. I don't care that some q morons are getting the book thrown at them.
txagbear
aginresearch said:

fail
agAngeldad
Army Capt. Emily Rainey

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-officer-quits-after-organizing-buses-dozens-attend-pro-trump-n1253712
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-officer-quits-after-organizing-buses-dozens-attend-pro-trump-n1253712

As an officer in the military she has no rights to political speech. Period. She took an oath along those lines. It's not part of an officer's code of conduct.
agAngeldad

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

As an officer in the military she has no rights to political speech. Period. She took an oath along those lines. It's not part of an officer's code of conduct.
That is not completely accurate. Also, she resigned her commission prior to the event.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
agAngeldad said:

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

That is not completely accurate. Also, she resigned her commission prior to the event.

An officer can absolutely be disciplined for political speech. No question. Much more stringent rules than being a non-com.

Article says her resignation was to be effective in April.
agAngeldad

agAngeldad said:

agAngeldad said:

Army Capt. Emily Rainey

An officer can absolutely be disciplined for political speech. No question. Much more stringent rules than being a non-com.

Article says her resignation was to be effective in April.
I did not say she could not be disciplined: my reply was, That is not completely accurate. The hatch act addresses this and does allow certain speech and actives in and out of uniform.
BluHorseShu
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

If someone stayed behind where the barriers were set, I wouldn't support anything happening to them. If they went past the barriers, that's on them because the barriers were set to tell people they couldn't go past them.
Even if those barriers were moved by police?

They were put there for a reason, that someone in law enforcement took it upon themselves to move them doesn't take away what they were placed there for.

Now, I do believe that those officers should be punished much more harshly than anyone that they let in.
"the cops put them their to stop people, but then the cops moved them. but the people that went past should have known that they were originally there". in what clown world do you live that, that is logical?

Well in fairness, those who stormed the capitol lack any mental acuity. Barriers or not, They obviously saw what was happening and if they went forward toward the capitol but didn't enter then it's just a case of wrong place wrong time. It like getting busted for smoking pot just because you sat next to some guys at a Doobie brothers concert. So you have to ask yourself...Which Doobie do you be?
AgsMnn
AG
Muy said:

Muy said:

Has that happened to anyone?

Yes

Can you expand?
policywonk98
AG
leftcoastaggie said:

policywonk98 said:

Its potentially worse.

I haven't found any evidence the Capitol was closed to visitors on Jan 6. If you were a Trump supporter and went through the proper security to be in the Capitol as a visitor and then this mob pushed its way into the building. What about you?
If you want to visit the Capitol you have to enter it through the visitor's center. The visitor's center has been closed for tours due to COVID. The Capitol has been closed for tours since March. Top banner on the visitor center's page.

https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/special-tours-and-activities

Right. That makes sense. I wasn't thinking about Covid in terms of shutting things down completely. I also didn't know if the congressional office tour program is also completely shut down. Probably is as well I guess. You used to be able to do your own congressional office and then get a pass there to take the underground tram over to the Capitol and bypass the visitor's center.

Doesn't really change my sentiment for at least the outside of the building. If you stayed outside in legally designated areas, will you be prosecuted and forced the indignity of clearing your name? Currently, the progressives want to impeach a President and force congressional members to resign who told nobody to trespass or to do anything illegal.

There is evidence that people are being investigated just by virtue of attending the rally, which was on the other side of the mall from Capitol Hill.

As long as we are focused on prosecuting just people that were in areas they were not legally supposed to be, I have no problems with prosecuting to the full extent of the law. Those that trespassed without destroying property or committing a violent act against another human being should be treated and charged differently than those that did of course. I'm assuming that it will take months if not over a year to sort everything out.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

spider96 said:

Define "being cancelled".

I see nothing wrong with people not wanting to eat at her restaurant because of her political views. She has no right to expect me to buy a hamburger from her.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
one MEEN Ag
AG
FarmerJohn said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Muy said:

Just know this is the beginning. They know almost everything about you from your cell data.
If people are really serious about this, they need to start acting serious. Flip your phone off or to airplane mode before leaving your house or hotel. If you've ever traveled in a country with a more authoritarian regime, there are steps you should learn to take. I'm not making an equivalency here, just stating that if you think there is a deep state or some other conspiracy, you should act the the equivalent amount of seriousness.

Turning your phone on airplane mode isn't enough. You position can be tracked by WiFi or Bluetooth. All WiFi routers are static, their positions have been calculated. Now by just knowing who interacts with what WiFi router you can track positioning. Same with Bluetooth objects that are stationary. Mobile objects with Bluetooth hold keys for 2 weeks. This was the backbone of contact tracing through phones.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.