So, if I were at the rally

9,266 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YokelRidesAgain
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Muy said:

Went to the Capitol thinking we were just there to protest peacefully in front of the steps, and left when I saw the front line get unruly and start trying to break in. If my face got captured in a photo, I would get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and me and my family's life would be threatened.

That about sum up how the left would deal with me? Is that acceptable in a normal America?

Has that happened to anyone? ETA: anyone at this debacle in DC?
Muy
AG
EarlCampbellsThighs said:

Muy said:

Has that happened to anyone?

Yes
TxAgPreacher
S
Muy said:

Just know this is the beginning. They know almost everything about you from your cell data.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Who? I missed where people who went to DC and then left immediately have been punished.
No Spin Ag
Muy said:

If someone stayed behind where the barriers were set, I wouldn't support anything happening to them. If they went past the barriers, that's on them because the barriers were set to tell people they couldn't go past them.
policywonk98
AG
Its potentially worse.

I haven't found any evidence the Capitol was closed to visitors on Jan 6. If you were a Trump supporter and went through the proper security to be in the Capitol as a visitor and then this mob pushed its way into the building. What about you?
AGHouston11
AG
Big tech protects bomber terrorist's phones but not anyone else.

It's been their plan all along.

Their sites were not free as the people were the product.
88planoAg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

If someone stayed behind where the barriers were set, I wouldn't support anything happening to them. If they went past the barriers, that's on them because the barriers were set to tell people they couldn't go past them.
Even if those barriers were moved by police?
GenericAggie
AG

Who? I missed where people who went to DC and then left immediately have been punished.

It's absolutely happened.

Additionally, if you're a conservative in technology, you should be freightened.

Hmmm... John lives in Texas. ..... follow the thought process.
AggDawg
AG
Muy said:

That's how it's done here regardless of your political affiliation.
It's wrong. I also think we should stop publishing mug/booking shots of people in the news paper. Public shaming before you can get your day in court. Many people lose their jobs over these.... Even if they're not convicted.
No Spin Ag
88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

They were put there for a reason, that someone in law enforcement took it upon themselves to move them doesn't take away what they were placed there for.

Now, I do believe that those officers should be punished much more harshly than anyone that they let in.
FarmerJohn
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

Muy said:

Just know this is the beginning. They know almost everything about you from your cell data.
If people are really serious about this, they need to start acting serious. Flip your phone off or to airplane mode before leaving your house or hotel. If you've ever traveled in a country with a more authoritarian regime, there are steps you should learn to take. I'm not making an equivalency here, just stating that if you think there is a deep state or some other conspiracy, you should act the the equivalent amount of seriousness.
TriAg2010
AG
Muy said:

You can be as peaceful as a petunia, I'm still free to judge your stupid cause.
Betoisafurry
No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

They were put there for a reason, that someone in law enforcement took it upon themselves to move them doesn't take away what they were placed there for.

Now, I do believe that those officers should be punished much more harshly than anyone that they let in.
"the cops put them their to stop people, but then the cops moved them. but the people that went past should have known that they were originally there". in what clown world do you live that, that is logical?
Ol Army 01
AG
Muy said:

You may get get fired, doxed, may have a hard time finding a good job again, and you and your family's life would be threatened just for asking this on a public chat forum.

Right ballerstaf2003?
mesocosm
AG
Muy said:

Well that's just silly
Religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world - Bertrand Russell
Funky Winkerbean
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Muy said:

You can be as peaceful as a petunia, I'm still free to judge your stupid
Point missed. Typical.
MouthBQ98
AG
Bystanders have been persecuted by vigilante mobs before. It's not far fetched.
No Spin Ag
Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

"the cops put them their to stop people, but then the cops moved them. but the people that went past should have known that they were originally there". in what clown world do you live that, that is logical?

The world where those people seeing other officers telling them to get back, the world where they saw and heard all the commotion, harm, and damage being done. The world that says that just because you don't know about the law doesn't mean you can't be held accountable for breaking it.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Typical...BLM floats and does no have t a problem...ok with dems...white guys no way...talking about discriminations and black privileges'!!

Oh I forgot , they helped get dems elected...so anything goes 14% of population breaks the majority tie
Col. A 1976
Betoisafurry
No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

The world where those people seeing other officers telling them to get back, the world where they saw and heard all the commotion, harm, and damage being done. The world that says that just because you don't know about the law doesn't mean you can't be held accountable for breaking it.

So just standing around that situation should get you canceled? Good to know that you're a totalitarian.
No Spin Ag
Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

So just standing around that situation should get you canceled? Good to know that you're a totalitarian.

Not just standing around, being somewhere they're not supposed to. Had those people that crossed the barriers stayed behind them like so many did at the same time, they'd be just fine.
Betoisafurry
No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

Not just standing around, being somewhere they're not supposed to. Had those people that crossed the barriers stayed behind them like so many did at the same time, they'd be just fine.
Well that's not the OP's question. Learn how to read.
spider96
AG

From a quick DuckDuckGo search.

Allentown school suspends teacher over protest

Some people are out of their jobs after images appear online

No Spin Ag
Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

I initially answered the question, which then turned into this when someone then asked me a question.
Betoisafurry
No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

Charlie Kelley said:

No Spin Ag said:

88planoAg said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

I initially answered the question, which then turned into this when someone then asked me a question.
Well I need to learn how to read apparently. Have a lovely day.
WHOOP!'91
AG
spider96 said:

There was a restaurant owner on last night that was being canceled because she took her veteran father to hear the president speak.

That's what the left is doing. That's what the left HAS been doing for years.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Ags77
AG
You did nothing wrong going to the rally, but if you were inside the Capitol that's a different deal.
Gigem
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
spider96 said:

I checked those out and they do not fit the original post at all. In the first case, it's a simple investigation into whether criminal acts were committed. Fair. More than fair, really. And then it seems like the others were cases where people wore clothing or otherwise identified themselves as working for a specific company thereby making their "speech" the company's speech. Very fair to investigate that, too.

These are not cases where someone expressed an opinion while in DC and got fired. All the ones I've seen are where people committed criminal acts and/or violence. I'm okay with a company not wanting its logo on people at riots. You probably are, too. And you probably agree that you could lose your job if you're seen beating someone in the Rotunda.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Do you genuinely believe that a rational person attending the protest portion of last Wednesday's events could believe that, in the atmosphere that has existed since September 11, 2001, that it was legal to walk up to the door of the United States Capitol without going through any type of security screening?

To me, it seems that such a contention beggars belief.

Being on the steps of the Capitol is a lesser criminal behavior than being in the Capitol, and being in the Capitol is a lesser offense than stealing or destroying government property, evacuating one's bowels on the floor of the Capitol, etc.

The authorities may well decide that prosecuting people who were merely present does not serve the interests of justice, and that is fine with me. Nevertheless and notwithstanding that, however, everyone who was on the steps of the Capitol either knew they were doing something illegal, or are first rate morons. Consequences regarding their employment are the business of their employers, and not mine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
No Spin Ag
WHOOP!'91 said:

spider96 said:

There was a restaurant owner on last night that was being canceled because she took her veteran father to hear the president speak.

That's what the left is doing. That's what the left HAS been doing for years.

That's beyond wrong. I don't support anything like that no matter who's doing it. That's why I hate extremists, they do much more harm than good.
Old McDonald
spider96 said:

the first one cites a teacher who was temporarily relieved pending an investigation, no details about the extent of their involvement in the protests (I.e. whether they broke into the capitol)

the second lists several people who either did break into the capitol or who expressed vocal support for those who did

doesn't sound like people who "showed up and left when things got unruly"

any examples of actually peaceful protesters being singled out or are we just using this to feed a persecution complex?
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
YokelRidesAgain said:

Do you genuinely believe that a rational person attending the protest portion of last Wednesday's events could believe that, in the atmosphere that has existed since September 11, 2001, that it was legal to walk up to the door of the United States Capitol without going through any type of security screening?

To me, it seems that such a contention beggars belief.

Being on the steps of the Capitol is a lesser criminal behavior than being in the Capitol, and being in the Capitol is a lesser offense than stealing or destroying government property, evacuating one's bowels on the floor of the Capitol, etc.

The authorities may well decide that prosecuting people who were merely present does not serve the interests of justice, and that is fine with me. Nevertheless and notwithstanding that, however, everyone who was on the steps of the Capitol either knew they were doing something illegal, or are first rate morons. Consequences regarding their employment are the business of their employers, and not mine.

Well said. Not to mention that being part of a mob while Congress is in session...
HoustonAggie37713
All of these posts are the same. We have a problem. We have a million problem identifiers.

We need solutions. We need leadership.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.