Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party

14,495 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArbAg
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anybody remembers the show Family Ties, one character was a conservative teenager named Alex Keaton who idolized Richard Nixon.
I suspect that in two decades, in response to their snowflake parents, there will be a wave of youthful conservative clubs where kids will celebrate Donald Trump.
Assuming there is an America, of course.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

That was before he encouraged an insurrection and betrayed our country.
You're lying. Stop lying.
"He said nothing about it at the moment when people were begging him to stand down. Then he called them patriots and he said he loved them. He's on the record. That's on camera. In his statements. Those are his own words." John King

To defend a liar by calling someone else a liar is sad, but I am not surprised.
jickyjack1
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...

Have there ever been more cowardly Republicans?
jickyjack1
AggiePops
This is neither pro or anti Trump, just a question about something I've been curious about.

Why the animosity from Trump supporters for the Republicans they call RINOs? Same conservative beliefs and principles, just without the blind devotion to Trump to follow his lead regardless of the situation. I know the so-called RINOs occasionally support bipartisan initiatives, but that's hardly new. It's called putting nation and/or constituents ahead of Party. And that's the true spirit of America. Heck, Reagan would be called a RINO by most Trump supporters. He was great for the Republican Party, but he sure as heck put nation first and bipartisanship was not scarce as hen's teeth when he was President..
MaroonGoons2020
AG
jickyjack1 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...

Actually those Republicans are patriots. Those who refuse to stand up to Trump and his lies are the cowards.
AtlantaAg86
AG
BaileyAg said:

Builder93 said:

BaileyAg said:

Builder93 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

I will agree that he has done the worst since Nixon. Joe Biden could have been easily dispatched but Trump could not shut up. He lost the election himself.

Please let us know how W did better for the country...this should be interesting
W won 2 terms.

The question was regarding how Trump affected the support for the Republican Party.

Read better.

So, because W won twice he was better for the party? Do you not see that Trump has changed the party forever going forward in a positive way (Latinos, blacks, etc)?

And...don't chastise someone for being pedantic earlier if you're going to tell me to "read better", dumbass

Trump ruined everything he accomplished in 3 1/2 years in the past six weeks. And he did so because he is a narcissistic megalomaniac who really cares nothing for the country and only for himself. He is a bad man and there is no legitimate defense for his actions. And for those wanting to compare or contrast to W, at least recognize W is a good man who had the nations best interest at heart. Was he our best president? No...but he is and was thoughtful, well read, and focused on what he believed was best for this great nation.
jickyjack1
MaroonGoons2020 said:

jickyjack1 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Actually those Republicans are patriots. Those who refuse to stand up to Trump and his lies are the cowards.

Have you already got your Biden button, Kamala's Next ribbon and Pelosi pin? Do you not think the Democrats are going to run roughshod over the Constitution and laugh about it? But you've put that mean man in the corner; congratulations.
jickyjack1
TwelveA
Out of the 74M adult Americans who voted for Trump, what % of them believe rightwing conspiracy narratives like the latest one from Trump's personal lawyer, Republican cult hero Rudy Giuliani?
|
V

AggiePops
Thy did actually recognize and charge one liberal extremist inflator who got into the Capitol and was egging it on. Has claimed he was there as a journalist to document the events but no one is buying it. Guy's name is Sullivan, not remembering off the top of my head where he's from. Wouldn't be surprising if they ID a few more. 'Other Side' infiltration of events like that is nothing new.
jrdaustin
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

"He said nothing about it at the moment when people were begging him to stand down. Then he called them patriots and he said he loved them. He's on the record. That's on camera. In his statements. Those are his own words." John King

I addressed this lie in another thread. But since you've tried it again here:

Flat out lie. Period. "In the moment", Trump did give a speech. On Twitter. And he did call his supporters patriots and said he loved them.

He also told them to disperse and go home in peace.

That's in the record as well. Or it was. Remember, Twitter cancelled the speech "in the moment".

You and King are playing revisionist history. Rather badly, I might add. In the future, if you're going to try distort a narrative and rewrite history, you might wish to wait more than a week before making the attempt.
ArbAg
AG
TwelveA said:

Out of the 74M adult Americans who voted for Trump, what % of them believe rightwing conspiracy narratives like the latest one from Trump's personal lawyer, Republican cult hero Rudy Giuliani?
|
V

At this point, Giuliani is far more credible than our own corrupt MSM!
12mn95
AG
TwelveA said:

|
V

Oh my God lol...people believe that idiot Giuliani...that dude is sad version of the guy he was 20 years ago..wow, no shame
Warsteiner
AggiePops said:

This is neither pro or anti Trump, just a question about something I've been curious about.

Why the animosity from Trump supporters for the Republicans they call RINOs? Same conservative beliefs and principles, just without the blind devotion to Trump to follow his lead regardless of the situation. I know the so-called RINOs occasionally support bipartisan initiatives, but that's hardly new. It's called putting nation and/or constituents ahead of Party. And that's the true spirit of America. Heck, Reagan would be called a RINO by most Trump supporters. He was great for the Republican Party, but he sure as heck put nation first and bipartisanship was not scarce as hen's teeth when he was President..
now do democrats. How bipartisan have they been?
Ellis Wyatt
12mn95 said:

TwelveA said:

|
V

Oh my God lol...people believe that idiot Giuliani...that dude is sad version of the guy he was 20 years ago..wow, no shame
You voted for Joe Biden.

12mn95
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

12mn95 said:

TwelveA said:

|
V

You voted for Joe Biden.

More like I voted against Trump...and you voted for Trump...
dude95
AG
New York Times compiled list of insults he hurled on Twitter in his presidential Term. Only shows part of the text, but "fake news" is listed 789 times, "fake" is 1035 (fake msn news, fake cnn, etc)

Pathetic 48
Weak 143
Crazy 166.
dummy 22
Fail 314

CNN, New York Times, MSN have a stunning amount of insults hurled their way.

No other President (including both Bush' and Reagan) fought so publicly and directly with the press. Is it any wonder that there wasn't bias in the reporting? That they weren't happy about writing horrible articles about him? He reveled in it.

jickyjack1
dude95 said:

New York Times compiled list of insults he hurled on Twitter in his presidential Term. Only shows part of the text, but "fake news" is listed 789 times, "fake" is 1035 (fake msn news, fake cnn, etc)

Pathetic 48
Weak 143
Crazy 166.
dummy 22
Fail 314

CNN, New York Times, MSN have a stunning amount of insults hurled their way.

No other President (including both Bush' and Reagan) fought so publicly and directly with the press. Is it any wonder that there wasn't bias in the reporting? That they weren't happy about writing horrible articles about him? He reveled in it.

All the while the Democrat's effect on the country is encapsulated in one word: screwed.
El Cazador
eric76
AG
Have we ever had a President before Trump who was so incapable of being a leader?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
You will never be a friend of mine.
eric76
AG
Average Guy said:

eric76 said:

Have we ever had a President before Trump who was so incapable of being a leader?
How about Bush I and Bush II? Took the conservative momentum we had in the 80s and sqaundered it. They created Trump. Trump leading the assault on the GOP elite and establishment quite well. It's not over by a long shot.

Bush showed far more leadership in the days after 9/11 than Trump showed in four years.
Post removed:
by user
eric76
AG
Average Guy said:

eric76 said:

Average Guy said:

eric76 said:

How about Bush I and Bush II? Took the conservative momentum we had in the 80s and sqaundered it. They created Trump. Trump leading the assault on the GOP elite and establishment quite well. It's not over by a long shot.

Bush showed far more leadership in the days after 9/11 than Trump showed in four years.
Depends on what fight you want him to fight.

Yes, I'll give you Bush after 9/11 and on Afganistan. But not on Iraq. And not on his inability to roll back government size or power.

It's almost as if he didn't care about big government, he just thought that he could run it better than the democrats.
If we had our usual response to 9/11, we would have had hearings, made a few announcements, and maybe lobbed a few bombs at al Qaeda. President Bush led us into taking them on directly and wiping them out. Whether or not one agrees with everything Bush did, he clearly taught the Arabs not to mess with the US. He also led the US into ramping up our anti-terrorist actions within this country.
Post removed:
by user
ArbAg
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

To chronically lie about and misrepresent Trump statements and rely on the MSM (I repeat myself) is somehow better? So sanctimonious! Get real...
mjschiller
AG
Satan and his minions won!
jickyjack1
Has the Republican Party ever caused more damage to a President?
jickyjack1
bmks270
AG
Sad that doing good things for Americans was bad for the Republican Party.

Revealing.
jickyjack1
I can read that two ways. A penny for your (more defined) thoughts.
jickyjack1
rgleml
AG
Obama destroyed the Tea Party with the IRS.
ArbAg
AG
eric76 said:

We most certainly have the most inept and pathetic president ever now occupying the WH. Trump is a relative super president comparatively.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.