Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party

14,497 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArbAg
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Obama deliberately did much more damage to the Republic, to the rule of law, and he stirred up so much more dissension.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
TwelveA said:

For the past 4 years, Trumper Republicans willfully and knowingly supported Trump's lies, corruption, malfeasance, dereliction of duty, sedition, and even his treason.

The Scots have an old saying: "Sooner or later, laddie, the piper must always be paid."

Just 7 days from now, the piper's bill will become due, and collectors will begin pursuing collection for 4 years of debt.

Will the GOP survive? Not if it allows the seditionist Trumpers to continue to control the party and be party members. Those people have to be held accountable.

You continue to spout off non factual BS and MSN sound bites.

Again....what are you going to do? You rounding up a lynch mob to track down republicans?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TwelveA said:

For the past 4 years, Trumper Republicans willfully and knowingly supported Trump's lies, corruption, malfeasance, dereliction of duty, sedition, and even his treason.

you keep spouting off so here's your chance. please list evidence/examples for each accusation:

corruption:

malfeasance:

dereliction of duty:

sedition:

treason:

we'll wait...
Complete Idiot
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

I do have a very strong dislike for President Trump, however I formed my opinion of him well before he was President, well before he ever considered running for public office, well before many current voters were maybe even born. I'm almost 50 and I've known and read about Trump since I was a teenager.

Derangement Syndrome, as I understand it - no, I don't think I have that. I agree with some of his foreign policy decisions, I agree with some of what he has implemented for business tax and other traditionally republican fiscal/federal regulation topics. I don't think everything he has done is bad, at all - but what I do feel he has done bad I feel is very, very bad for America. The President is not just a policy influencer but also sets a tone for the behavior of America - he has divided, enraged, goaded, insulted. Some applaud that - "screw traditional politicians!" they say - but I think you should be able to be a decent human who behaves admirably while still blowing up traditional politics. Much of his behavior, which I again have observed my entire life, not just while hes been in politics, is against what I was taught as a kid and what I teach my own kids. It's basic human decency. But that's just his personal behavior that leads to my dislike, not his presidential policy.

I don't disagree with your points, but you need to come to gripes with the fact that has long gone out the window. You either fight the war, or lose. The GOP are losers, gave us Obama for 8 years. Look no further than the last two candidates behavior. Mitt Romney and McCain?

Trumps behavior, while may be distasteful, is a necessary evil. War sucks, and we are without question in the middle of one.

Trimmed down what I quoted from your post above because this is specifically what I want to address.

I agree with what you are saying. I understand, I think, how Trump came to be the Republican nominee and what many voters wanted it to achieve in response to what Democratic leadership had done.

I find this very scary, the amping up of the politically motivated attacks, by both parties, against the other side. The amping up of the number of people I see stating all democrats are idiots or hate America or all republicans are racists or hate America. How can this not be scary to everyone? How do we break the cycle?

I am somewhat encouraged - and forgive me for saying something positive about the democratic party - that instead of picking someone very aggressive as their candidate they picked probably the most bland, safe, name recognized candidate they could. It encourages me because maybe just being more "normal" being proven to be able to win an election will lead to a slow down in these escalations. But we'll see how naive I might be after Biden gets in to office, perhaps just a puppet to get in the office and then crazy far left liberal **** gets pushed down from those pulling the strings. I'm afraid I know what the answer will be, but choosing to be optimistic now and hoping the next Republican nominee is someone I can respect, trust, and fully support and not someone awful like Ted Cruz.
Ellis Wyatt
Complete Idiot said:

I am somewhat encouraged - and forgive me for saying something positive about the democratic party - that instead of picking someone very aggressive as their candidate they picked probably the most bland, safe, name recognized candidate they could. It encourages me because maybe just being more "normal" being proven to be able to win an election will lead to a slow down in these escalations. But we'll see how naive I might be after Biden gets in to office, perhaps just a puppet to get in the office and then crazy far left liberal **** gets pushed down from those pulling the strings. I'm afraid I know what the answer will be, but choosing to be optimistic now and hoping the next Republican nominee is someone I can respect, trust, and fully support and not someone awful like Ted Cruz.
Joe Biden is a career politician, a criminal, and beholden to China.
Barnyard96
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

That was before he encouraged an insurrection and betrayed our country.
OMG. Give this man a Darwin award.
rrtodds
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Maroon, reread SW-14's reply from earlier ...
WHOOP!'91
AG
TwelveA said:

The Scots have an old saying: "Sooner or later, laddie, the piper must always be paid."

Just 7 days from now, the piper's bill will become due, and collectors will begin pursuing collection for 4 years of debt.

Will the GOP survive? Not if it allows the seditionist Trumpers to continue to control the party and be party members. Those people have to be held accountable.
SEDITION! TREASON! Man, you really have yourself dangerously worked up.

What do you mean pursuing debt collection? Cast out from society? Loss of jobs? Reeducation camps?

This is what you people who vote "against Trump" put in power with your votes.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

annie88
AG
we now have the most popular president elect ever

Exactly how high are you?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Rip*91
AG
agsalaska said:

Nixon
You should take a break. You're embarrassing yourself!
Bobaloo
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...

No and that's his greatest gift to the country. He should spend every waking moment from January 20 forward to start a new party and destroy the Republican Party. They suck, and I'm a lifelong republican.
ArbAg
AG
Poppy67 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...

Supporting this guy at this point in time defies all logic. Character does matter.

Please spare us your moral outrage, anyone supporting a dementia ridden criminal and bonafide communist defies logic. If character matters, why did the dems nominate those two?
aggielatoo
Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

You're lying. Stop lying.
You should stop denying the truth. It is so obvious that you are struggling with the fact that you supported a loser in every sense of the word. I am sorry for you.
mazag08
AG
aggielatoo said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

You should stop denying the truth. It is so obvious that you are struggling with the fact that you supported a loser in every sense of the word. I am sorry for you.
Ellis is anything but a Trump supporter. He calls out bull**** from everyone. Stop attacking people you know nothing about.
Ellis Wyatt
mazag08 said:

aggielatoo said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Ellis is anything but a Trump supporter. He calls out bull**** from everyone. Stop attacking people you know nothing about.
Latoo: the guy who said he voted for Trump in 2016 and has spent all his time since smearing the guy, no matter how illogical the yarn he was spinning.
tskc91
AG
Character is literally a comical position to take. The pot calling the kettle black if you will. It is totally indefensible.

Ever heard of the Russian Hoax? Spying on a competitors Presidential campaign? How about allowing selective Leaking of secrets to benefit a political agenda? Ignoring the true facts of the biased Whistle Blower to support a false impeachment from a known political operative? Withholding a second relief bill pre-election to inflict maximum political damage at the expense of the American People? Supporting anti-semitic congresswomen without censure? Democratic leadership is the absolute definition of lacking character. The last 12 years have been an embarrassment of the Constitution our founders intended. Time for the end of Career Politicians who eat at the trough of tax payers.
aggielatoo
tskc91 said:

Character is literally a comical position to take. The pot calling the kettle black if you will. It is totally indefensible.

Ever heard of the Russian Hoax? Spying on a competitors Presidential campaign? How about allowing selective Leaking of secrets to benefit a political agenda? Ignoring the true facts of the biased Whistle Blower to support a false impeachment from a known political operative? Withholding a second relief bill pre-election to inflict maximum political damage at the expense of the American People? Supporting anti-semitic congresswomen without censure? Democratic leadership is the absolute definition of lacking character. The last 12 years have been an embarrassment of the Constitution our founders intended. Time for the end of Career Politicians who eat at the trough of tax payers.
Start with Ted Cruz.
aggielatoo
Ellis Wyatt said:

mazag08 said:

aggielatoo said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Latoo: the guy who said he voted for Trump in 2016 and has spent all his time since smearing the guy, no matter how illogical the yarn he was spinning.
You need to get back to work.
dude95
AG
deddog said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Poppy67 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Supporting this guy at this point in time defies all logic. Character does matter.

Policy matters more. Especially since it actually affects your life.
This.
I don't care about what politicians say .
I care about what they do.

Trump was nails on most of his policies (Economy, ISIS, BLM, China, Russia, Iran, Illegal Immigration, Covid, and of course - supreme court justices who will follow the law and constitution)
If policy matter so much - why was there all the name calling and personal attacks (whether from Trump or from this board.) When the "dementia Joe" is tossed around - that's not about his policy.

Trump was supposed to be a leader - someone I would tell my kids to act like. Only president in my life that I actively tell my kids that's not the proper way of acting. He could have made a second term on policy (not that I agree on all of his policy, but there are things that would be better than Biden). He devided the country more than any other.
svaggie
AG
That is what the media tells him to think.
tskc91
AG
Facts on Cruz's Character Issues rather than an accusation. Democrats tend to call everyone racist, homophobic and other terms but run from the facts. Please send them.

WHOOP!'91
AG
dude95 said:

deddog said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Poppy67 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

This.

Trump was nails on most of his policies (Economy, ISIS, BLM, China, Russia, Iran, Illegal Immigration, Covid, and of course - supreme court justices who will follow the law and constitution)
If policy matter so much - why was there all the name calling and personal attacks (whether from Trump or from this board.) When the "dementia Joe" is tossed around - that's not about his policy.

Trump was supposed to be a leader - someone I would tell my kids to act like. Only president in my life that I actively tell my kids that's not the proper way of acting. He could have made a second term on policy (not that I agree on all of his policy, but there are things that would be better than Biden). He devided the country more than any other.
I guess you were too young for Clinton, since surely you wouldn't tell your kids to cheat on their spouse.

41 was an honorable man. Bush43 was an honorable man.

Obama ran guns to Mexico and got an agent killed. Obama lied to America about the effects of HusseinCare. Obama's IRS suppressed conservative organizations then covered it up with 5th amendment and crashed hard drives. Obama used oppo and the executive branch to spy on an opposition campaign and presidency. Obama incited racial division and violence. Those are not things I would have my kids mimic.

OK, Trump has a litany as well, but don't try to tell me he is of a lower character than Obama or Clinton.

And of course Biden is starting out with his own set of moral issues. Corruption, sexual assault, lying about Charlottesville and "losers and suckers". Telling someone they are FOS and wishing he could beat the president up behind the gym.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

deddog
AG
dude95 said:

deddog said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Poppy67 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

This.

If you're looking to a politician to tell your kids who to act like, you've failed as a parent.
The biggest role model for your kids is you. Not a Professional athlete, Not their teacher, and certainly not a politician.

Dementia Joe is tossed around because Biden has all the signs of dementia. You won't find those interviews on twitter or CNN of course. And he will be roundly criticized for his policy. His gun control proposals are asinine and frankly disturbing for someone who is a Presidential elect and is supposed to uphold the constitution.

Of course, when he does get criticized the usual suspects will blame republicans for obstruction or (as in Obama's case - racism).

Trump is polarising. But a lot of the division has been stoked primarily by the fake press around him and the DEmocrats REEEE at ruling.

Again the ridiculous "coup" and "insurrection" stories are great examples.

TwelveA
Trump destroyed the 1970-2015 faade & exposed the GOP for what it really is.

That truth was so disgusting and corrupt and built upon such a house of lies, it caused a small numerical minority of Rs who held fast to some principles and morals to declare themselves Never Trumper Rs.

Trump will be indicted soon. He gone.

As for the old fake GOP that claimed to be moral and principled, there's no way to ever put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Not after 80%-90% of Rs knowingly chose to give their fealty to a criminal and seditious Trump.

BusterAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Trimmed down what I quoted from your post above because this is specifically what I want to address.

I agree with what you are saying. I understand, I think, how Trump came to be the Republican nominee and what many voters wanted it to achieve in response to what Democratic leadership had done.

I find this very scary, the amping up of the politically motivated attacks, by both parties, against the other side. The amping up of the number of people I see stating all democrats are idiots or hate America or all republicans are racists or hate America. How can this not be scary to everyone? How do we break the cycle?

Biden = bland

Cruz = awful?

What has Cruz done that has been awful?
gbaby23
AG
No, and that is a good thing. He helped expose more every day Americans to the the fact the Republicans do not care about you at all. It is all about accumulating power and lining their pockets. I hope the GOP dies and a new party fills the vacuum that is FAR more right wing. Republicans today are just Democrats 20 years ago. Good riddance.
halfastros81
AG
You got one thing sort of correct . Trump did expose the Never Trumpers for what they are. It's not what you say. They are not bastions of character and high morals at all. Quite the opposite.
gbaby23
AG
I don't like Cruz's stance on H-1B visas. I hate how much he shills for Israel and wants to intervene in the Middle East. He is all talk in regards to the auditing/dismantling the Federal Reserve. He is better than most though.
TwelveA
halfastros81 said:

You got one thing sort of correct . Trump did expose the Never Trumpers for what they are. It's not what you say. They are not bastions of character and high morals at all. Quite the opposite.
Agreed they are not bastions of morality & principles, except when they are compared to the Trump Rs, 99% who have shown themselves to possess zero morals and principles.
stetson
AG
The reaction by republicans (RINO) and the media has damaged the Republican Party, not Trump.
12mn95
AG
captkirk said:

74 million votes
and he still lost by 7 million votes
BanderaAg956
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has rarely been a dumber post!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Roparzh
AG
How about Andrew Johnson and Richard Nixon? However, RINOs have done the worst damage to the Republican Party.
aggiehawg
AG
Roparzh said:

How about Andrew Johnson and Richard Nixon? However, RINOs have done the worst damage to the Republican Party.
Okay.

Make your case for both.

I'll wait.
Pumpkinhead
AG
RINOs are a lot better then progressive far left, so if the net effect of a unpredictable, undisciplined Donald Trump is replacing RINOs with progressive lefts...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.