Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party

14,505 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArbAg
DeWrecking Crew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poppy67 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...

Supporting this guy at this point in time defies all logic. Character does matter.

Please provide a detailed list of your qualifications for judging character, who tf do you think you are? No seriously, what are your qualifications?
Muy
AG
Clearly he didn't destroy it enough, the swamp rat RINOs have survived and now are in bed in the open with the progressives.

Trump will always be the greatest President in my lifetime, the only man courageous enough to fight the swamp, but unfortunately it was way deeper than anyone imagined and extends to every major corporation in America.
BigRobSA
aggielatoo said:

agracer said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

That was before he encouraged an insurrection and betrayed our country.
it's obvious this poster is a troll. Why are folks still responding?
Because he is quoting facts. Trump supporters have a tough time understanding facts.
Not even remotely a Trump supporter here:

1) Biden didn't win the election without tons of fraud. Anyone with functioning eyes and at least their shoesize in IQ can see that.

2) Trump didn't encourage anything but turning off the TV when he speaks. The mantra from the left is idiotic and, like their policies, not based on reality.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
buzzardb267
AG
CHARACTER? Biden Crime Family?
"ROGER - OUT"
AVX Engineer
AG
You didn't even listen to the speech did you? You are regurgitating what the media is telling you. At no time did he call for people to attack the capital. He laid out the evidence for voter fraud and then asked for a peaceful march to the capital so their voices could be heard.

Man do a little research.

You and the liberal media want to blame President Trump for everything.

Let's throw out the President and all he has done because a couple of 100 people got violent. If that was the case then Biden should have been thrown out before he was elected for his support of the riots in the big cities.

So frustrating the people who can't feed themselves. They have to be fed my the media.

I feel sorry for this country and what we have become.
TwelveA
TAMUallen said:

No damage. He has exposed RINOs and changed what we all want and demand.
I suppose that *is* one way to phrase it, lol.

Trump totally destroyed the 1980-2015 false faade of conservatism. He exposed all its lies, dishonesty, bigotry, corruption, and its utter lack of integrity, principles, morals, and respect for democracy and rule of law.

Trump caused 74M of you to tell the rest of America who you truly are. Try as you may (and we know you will try), you won't be able to hide those things about yourselves anymore.

For that, America's true patriots (all the non-Trumpers in America) are appreciative. Now our eyes are wide open and we see the task at hand. We have much work to do.
dlbarnes76
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Has there ever been a president to cause more damage to the Republican Party than Trump. Because of the hatred for him, we now have the most popular president elect ever. The democrats now have control of the house and the senate. Major businesses are starting to distance themselves more and more. Many of his followers are now considered domestic terrorists etc...
Have we ever had a president that espoused conservative ideals on the campaign trail and then actually tried to follow through on the promises like Donald Trump? The problem is not with President Trump (yes, I know his brashness is abrasive to a lot of people), the problem is with the people who talk the conservative talk, but don't do a damn thing about it when they have the opportunity. The folks that are in Washington looking to line their own pockets or the conservative talk is just that, talk, and they don't really believe it. They just want to do what they have to do to get elected. Or maybe even they are conservative, but spineless and unable to make the tough decisions because they might take some flak over it. Whatever the reason, there are a lot of people that recognize and appreciate what Donald Trump has done and any damage done to the Republican Party these folks I mentioned above have done it to themselves.
WHOOP!'91
AG
TwelveA said:

TAMUallen said:

Trump totally destroyed the 1980-2015 false faade of conservatism. He exposed all its lies, dishonesty, bigotry, corruption, and its utter lack of integrity, principles, morals, and respect for democracy and rule of law.

Trump caused 74M of you to tell the rest of America who you truly are. Try as you may (and we know you will try), you won't be able to hide those things about yourselves anymore.

For that, America's true patriots (all the non-Trumpers in America) are appreciative. Now our eyes are wide open and we see the task at hand. We have much work to do.
What are we?

If "guilty by association" is a thing, what is the entire left based on their support or silence for CHAZ/CHOP, attacks on federal buildings and police stations, killing and beating and looting and burning?
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TwelveA said:

this sounds rather...threatening.
halfastros81
AG
not to mention immaturely and ignorantly overgeneralizing.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Really really stupid, you need to stop watching CNN, start thinking for yourself.

Instead of regurgitating this sound bite, please point, factually, to where he encourages insurrection.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
TwelveA said:

TAMUallen said:

Who is "we" and what exactly are you going to do? Would you like to meet people somewhere and beat them up? What exactly do you plan to do?

"Now our eyes are wide open and we see the task at hand. " CNN told you this? So damn funny.
Complete Idiot
AVX Engineer said:

You didn't even listen to the speech did you? You are regurgitating what the media is telling you. At no time did he call for people to attack the capital. He laid out the evidence for voter fraud and then asked for a peaceful march to the capital so their voices could be heard.

Let's throw out the President and all he has done because a couple of 100 people got violent. If that was the case then Biden should have been thrown out before he was elected for his support of the riots in the big cities.

So frustrating the people who can't feed themselves. They have to be fed my the media.

I've listened to Trump's speeches, and read transcripts of his long speech on the day of the Capitol breach. I don't rely on others to guide my interpretation of what was said.

Trump said the election was rigged, and that it was stolen. If listeners believe that to be true, then they should believe America's democracy was corrupted and that literally the rightful President was being held out of office due to cheating - I'm not sure if voter fraud is legally considered treason, but I could see how listeners to Trump's words, who believe those words, could think it was a treasonous activity.

I think he used the word "fight" around 20 times, and used the word "courage" around 10 times - forget the exact numbers.

He used the words "break into the Capitol to halt the events", or something similar to that, zero times. Agree on that.

I don't agree that he laid out the evidence for voter fraud on the order of 18 million votes - I think he said "rigged" multiple times, "stole" or "steal" multiple times.

He has claimed voter fraud before the 2016 election, but not after he won. He warned of voter fraud before the 2020 election, then amped it up to a full on accusation after he lost. Over 50 lawsuits were filed across many states without success.
goosespn
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Go to bed, you're drunk. I hope, and not just ignorant. That would be a permanent condition. Drunk you'll recover from.
Goosespn
Gig Em!!!
Get Off My Lawn
Politicians are mercenaries. Anyone complaining about character doesn't understand how radically and rabidly unamerican the democrat party has become.

Just like Maslow's Hierarcy of Needs starts with primitive motivations and continues upward to maximizing character; the selection of political representation must start from the most basic levels and continue upward. Items in the Bill of Rights are at stake, and as a result we're relegated to picking based off of differences far more basic than personal character or whether someone appears "presidential."

Anyone who is using character as their differentiating factor is missing the forest for the trees.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

I've listened to Trump's speeches, and read transcripts of his long speech on the day of the Capitol breach. I don't rely on others to guide my interpretation of what was said.

Trump said the election was rigged, and that it was stolen. If listeners believe that to be true, then they should believe America's democracy was corrupted and that literally the rightful President was being held out of office due to cheating - I'm not sure if voter fraud is legally considered treason, but I could see how listeners to Trump's words, who believe those words, could think it was a treasonous activity.

I think he used the word "fight" around 20 times, and used the word "courage" around 10 times - forget the exact numbers.

He used the words "break into the Capitol to halt the events", or something similar to that, zero times. Agree on that.

I don't agree that he laid out the evidence for voter fraud on the order of 18 million votes - I think he said "rigged" multiple times, "stole" or "steal" multiple times.

He has claimed voter fraud before the 2016 election, but not after he won. He warned of voter fraud before the 2020 election, then amped it up to a full on accusation after he lost. Over 50 lawsuits were filed across many states without success.
none of above is inciting insurrection.

Hmmm....would you like me to quote your beloved democrats after the 2016 election?
Complete Idiot
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

Hmmm....would you like me to quote your beloved democrats after the 2016 election?

Why did you assume I like, much less love, the democratic party? Please don't be so binary in your thought process.

I agree the response to President Trump's election was poor on the part of the democratic leadership. They did not "accept" his victory and did things that were politically motivated, not motivated by what is best for their constituents and America. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the responses by both parties keep getting amped up and amped up and here we are. "Cheating in Florida due to hanging chads", "election was influenced by Russia with Trump's full knowledge", "the election was flat out rigged with fake votes on the order of 18 million". I don't think any of it was wise as it slowly erodes belief in the most core principle of democracy. I know who loves watching this, whether its done by the democratic party or the republican party - countries vying with America for control of the world. We are being eroded and both parties are participating. Moderates, which seem to be dwindling in number, sit back flabbergasted by the behavior on both sides.
Whoop2oo1
AG
Please do not equate stolen with losing.
mazag08
AG
Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

Why did you assume I like, much less love, the democratic party? Please don't be so binary in your thought process.

I agree the response to President Trump's election was poor on the part of the democratic leadership. They did not "accept" his victory and did things that were politically motivated, not motivated by what is best for their constituents and America. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the responses by both parties keep getting amped up and amped up and here we are. "Cheating in Florida due to hanging chads", "election was influenced by Russia with Trump's full knowledge", "the election was flat out rigged with fake votes on the order of 18 million". I don't think any of it was wise as it slowly erodes belief in the most core principle of democracy. I know who loves watching this, whether its done by the democratic party or the republican party - countries vying with America for control of the world. We are being eroded and both parties are participating. Moderates, which seem to be dwindling in number, sit back flabbergasted by the behavior on both sides.
He probably saw your screen name and made a logical assumption.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

They did quite a bit worse than that. Hussein and Biden colluded with the FBI and the DNCC to abuse executive powers and lie to the FISA courts to spy on the Trump campaign/transition/presidency.

There have been NO persons held accountable for that, nor Hillary's proven felonies that exposed national secrets.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

cazadore
Yes - George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, Herbert Hoover...do I need to go on? By the way, I am a registered Republican.
CSTXAg92
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

captkirk said:

74 million votes

Please provide the transcript or audio to support your claim of "encouraged an insurrection".
BCR
The only reason he was a Republican was because he could get the nomination.
That is the sad thing about the party.
A lifelong Democrat changes parties and claims Christianity to get the nomination.

It worked.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

So you have TDS, Step back are read what you are writing. There is plenty of evidence, contrary to the narratives you are reading, that this election was stolen. Should everyone just sit back and take it? Hell no. Vote harvesting did in fact happen, and was "approved" through last minute election law changes, targeted in swing states.
WHOOP!'91
AG
BCR said:

The only reason he was a Republican was because he could get the nomination.
That is the sad thing about the party.
A lifelong Democrat changes parties and claims Christianity to get the nomination.

It worked.
A lot of life-long Dems have switched to Rs as the Dems have lurched so far radical left.

Trump is a pragmatic moderate. A populist, not a conservative. He spent a lot even before COVID and was on-board with a $2000 stimulus check. Dems could have worked with him for the good of the country but let their partisan hate blind them.

The media started lying about him from the second he declared his candidacy and the Dems investigated him over a bought and paid for lie, then impeached him over nothing.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

aggielatoo
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Considered domestic terrorists? They should be because they are. They should be ashamed for letting themselves be pawns of an egotistical imbecile.
Faustus
Bryanisbest said:

Has there ever been a president more willing to take the blows and lure Evil itself out of its camouflage and expose it for all the world to see? I can think of only one person but He wasn't a president.
Gandhi?

Jokes aside I can see the resemblance to Jesus.
captkirk
AG
Galborathelion said:

The GOP went from GWB to McCain to Romney to Jeb!, and you think the man who brought in 75MM votes and broke every GOP record for minority demographic votes was the worst ever for the party?

Trump was a defibrillator that kept the corpse of the party alive for 4 years past it's expiration.
You're delusional
IslanderAg04
I think Trump scared the **** out of both parties. He showed that half the country believes in the core values of our republic, while the left goes further and further left. Border Security, low taxes, America first, and etc. plus everyone is tired of these swamp politicians that become multi millionaires off a middle class paycheck. Democrats are trying to silence this movement with doxing, cancel culture, and msm bias, they have also taught that liars and cheaters win. This is a slippery slope. GOP is mixed because some of them are scared of not siding with Democrats in office. Ted Cruz gained a lot of respect from me the past few years. The man was literally degraded by Trump yet he stuck to the values of his party.
Complete Idiot
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

So you have TDS, Step back are read what you are writing. There is plenty of evidence, contrary to the narratives you are reading, that this election was stolen. Should everyone just sit back and take it? Hell no. Vote harvesting did in fact happen, and was "approved" through last minute election law changes, targeted in swing states.

I do have a very strong dislike for President Trump, however I formed my opinion of him well before he was President, well before he ever considered running for public office, well before many current voters were maybe even born. I'm almost 50 and I've known and read about Trump since I was a teenager.

Derangement Syndrome, as I understand it - no, I don't think I have that. I agree with some of his foreign policy decisions, I agree with some of what he has implemented for business tax and other traditionally republican fiscal/federal regulation topics. I don't think everything he has done is bad, at all - but what I do feel he has done bad I feel is very, very bad for America. The President is not just a policy influencer but also sets a tone for the behavior of America - he has divided, enraged, goaded, insulted. Some applaud that - "screw traditional politicians!" they say - but I think you should be able to be a decent human who behaves admirably while still blowing up traditional politics. Much of his behavior, which I again have observed my entire life, not just while hes been in politics, is against what I was taught as a kid and what I teach my own kids. It's basic human decency. But that's just his personal behavior that leads to my dislike, not his presidential policy.
captkirk
AG
Builder93 said:

BaileyAg said:

Builder93 said:

BaileyAg said:

Builder93 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

I will agree that he has done the worst since Nixon. Joe Biden could have been easily dispatched but Trump could not shut up. He lost the election himself.

Please let us know how W did better for the country...this should be interesting
W won 2 terms.

The question was regarding how Trump affected the support for the Republican Party.

Read better.

So, because W won twice he was better for the party? Do you not see that Trump has changed the party forever going forward in a positive way (Latinos, blacks, etc)?

And...don't chastise someone for being pedantic earlier if you're going to tell me to "read better", dumbass

Trump lost Georgia to the Dems. GEORGIA!

The Dems have won the presidential election in Georgia 3 times since 1964.
Republicans controlled House seats in Georgia since '04 and the senate seats since '02.

Don't throw out comments equating people making honest commentary to being part of a communist regime. Give respect, you get respect.
Hint: They cheated. HTH
Tramp96
I gotta go with Herbert Hoover on this one.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

Complete Idiot said:

AVX Engineer said:

I do have a very strong dislike for President Trump, however I formed my opinion of him well before he was President, well before he ever considered running for public office, well before many current voters were maybe even born. I'm almost 50 and I've known and read about Trump since I was a teenager.

Derangement Syndrome, as I understand it - no, I don't think I have that. I agree with some of his foreign policy decisions, I agree with some of what he has implemented for business tax and other traditionally republican fiscal/federal regulation topics. I don't think everything he has done is bad, at all - but what I do feel he has done bad I feel is very, very bad for America. The President is not just a policy influencer but also sets a tone for the behavior of America - he has divided, enraged, goaded, insulted. Some applaud that - "screw traditional politicians!" they say - but I think you should be able to be a decent human who behaves admirably while still blowing up traditional politics. Much of his behavior, which I again have observed my entire life, not just while hes been in politics, is against what I was taught as a kid and what I teach my own kids. It's basic human decency. But that's just his personal behavior that leads to my dislike, not his presidential policy.

I don't disagree with your points, but you need to come to gripes with the fact that has long gone out the window. You either fight the war, or lose. The GOP are losers, gave us Obama for 8 years. Look no further than the last two candidates behavior. Mitt Romney and McCain?

Trumps behavior, while may be distasteful, is a necessary evil. War sucks, and we are without question in the middle of one.

Vote harvesting in San Antonio below. If you don't think this went on wide spread at a massive scale in the swing states? Laws were changed to facilitate it, That's not a myth.

Linked fixed, https://sanangelolive.com/news/politics/2020-10-28/texas-ag-investigating-voter-fraud-scheme-texas

She was arrested.
TwelveA
For the past 4 years, Trumper Republicans willfully and knowingly supported Trump's lies, corruption, malfeasance, dereliction of duty, sedition, and even his treason.

The Scots have an old saying: "Sooner or later, laddie, the piper must always be paid."

Just 7 days from now, the piper's bill will become due, and collectors will begin pursuing collection for 4 years of debt.

Will the GOP survive? Not if it allows the seditionist Trumpers to continue to control the party and be party members. Those people have to be held accountable.
TxAgPreacher
S
The establishment is what is holding the GOP back. I did not vote for Romney or McCain. I think you could argue when Trump is on the ballot Republicans do better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.