TX HB196

13,798 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by thirdcoast
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX State Rep Terry Meza (D - Irving) introduced HB196 to repeal the castle doctrine. Her words on the subject...

Quote:

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.
Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."
Rebel Yell
AG
Wow. Open season at her house if you need it more than her.

This is possibly the dumbest person on the planet.
“I don’t even sit on the left side of church”
titan
S

We need an income and assets cap and vow of poverty for all officials. They would be less cavalier about holdings if you did. For one thing, couldn't afford their own private security, so would have a stake in a well staffed and reliable police force.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
AgBQ-00
AG
In her verbal diarrhea of a statement she proves she is a barely functional idiot. Literally every thing she says is false.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
In other words, I can grab my gun and rob her home.
Ag with kids
AG
dubi
AG
Red Fishing Ag93 said:

In other words, I can grab my gun and rob her home.

And she has a duty to retreat!
peace
S
I am sure there are a lot of white liberals who will agree with this kind of stupidity. Yes, go get what you think you need at her home....FREE STUFF has gone to strange lengths!!
Bert315
AG
chjoak said:

TX State Rep Terry Meza (D - Irving) introduced HB196 to repeal the castle doctrine. Her words on the subject...

Quote:

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.
Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

I guess we need to show up at her house and when she freaks out tell her to shut up and follow her proposed bill.
PneumAg
This is now mainstream leftist philosophy. Would not surprise me at all if the Dems tried to outlaw state castle doctrine statutes at the federal level.
BigOil
AG
"Their" loot

WTMFF
AgBQ-00
AG
And just realized as I finished the last paragraph...MARXISM!!! She should be banished to Venezuela with nothing but the clothes on her back.
Lorne Malvo
AG
Terry, please move to Kalifornia. You would be happier with their commie laws, and so would Texans if you moved!
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Terry lives in a gated community with armed patrol guards.
AgBQ-00
AG
It is BS like this that has caused me to be scarce around the board lately. I am seething right now at the thought of this being in office in the US. **** that *****
rab79
AG
Don Quixote had a better chance at success than this pandering idiotic proposal.

And the brain dead sponsor can go to formerly great britain where this is pretty much already the law.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
titan
S

How about a system where all the burden is on the violent criminal. The only way to escape bad consequences is not to commit a violent crime.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ag87H2O
AG
When I read this I thought is was from Babylon Bee or some other satire site. Looks like the citizens of Irving have lost their minds.

This load of verbal manure is Sheila Jackson Lee stupid. Maybe worse even, and that's saying something.
Cen-Tex
AG
I think she is related to AOC somehow
Martin Cash
AG
There have been several threads on this already.

7,000+ bills get filed each legislative session.

6,800 of them never see the light of day.

This is one of those.
TexasAggiesWin
S

Stinky T
AG
Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Excuse me good sir, I am here to rob your home. Please step aside so I may proceed. This gun I am carrying is just here to make sure you don't try anything shady while I relieve you of your property. Thank you for your cooperation!"
cisgenderedAggie
"If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it." - Clayton Williams
AggieRain
AG
The level of stupidity here is stunning...
ABATTBQ87
AG
fell out of the ugly tree:

Tanya 93
I wonder if she expects the state to pay for the items stolen if people do not have renters or homeowners insurance
Tanya 93
Also, there is a news link or a video to her saying the last part of the statement because it only seems to be on gun rights forums?
TThom
Can we get a source for these statements from Meza on the issue?
hunter2012
AG
dems as usual accept a false assumption and draw the wrong conclusion from it. It's the criminal that decides that his life is worthless by trespassing and thieving from a law abiding citizen. They are the ones that foolishly risk their lives for a laptop, jewelry, or other valuables. A citizen bears no responsibility for the safety of the aggressor, she might as well say that the victim is obligated to give away their stuff, family, security based on her line of logic.

Goodness our country needs a full crash course in agency. This proposal is effectively victim blaming people trying to live honestly out there, the new persona non grata.
Owlagdad
Might as well go full California, and make sure that there is no bail for those who get caught robbing homes.
BQAg09
AG
I don't often post, but dear god. The shear idiocy of her arguments is astounding. Whenever someone starts out by saying "I'm not saying......" - that's exactly what they're saying.
Ragoo
AG
I am point this 9 at yo head so you will cooperate. Its your fault.

Interesting though that this is in part why police carry.
bangobango
AG
chjoak said:

Quote:

Link? Have you verified that is a true quote?
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate.
That anyone with a functioning brain could **** out something so idiotic is unbelievable.

Self-protection? from the individual you are robbing?

incentive to cooperate? oh yes, please take my *****.....

Good God so stupid.

Edit: yeah, struck a nerve.
titan
S

More important than the quote is whether the law is real. It could be couched in the most Lincolnian prose and still be anathema.
FrioAg 00:
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.