Signature Audit

3,948 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CoppellAg93
Dorm 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
President Trump keeps calling for a signature audit in Georgia. I am sure he realizes that signatures cannot be tied to a specific vote so how is that going to prove he got more votes?
leftcoastaggie
AG
Dorm 15 said:

President Trump keeps calling for a signature audit in Georgia. I am sure he realizes that signatures cannot be tied to a specific vote so how is that going to prove he got more votes?

Chum for the true believers.
Maury Ballstein
Dorm 15 said:

He's asking for something that can't be done. When it's not done it'll be proof of "fraud". Then they'll raise another $200 million for "election defense" and funnel it to empty hotels at rack rate 4x market rate and laugh at the rubes spending their social security money on this fraud.
Old McDonald
the thought process of some posters here is that if they can't do a full signature audit (which they can't), they should just throw out the election result altogether and have a revote
LostInLA07
AG
Obviously, if the election was secure a signature audit would result in a lower number of signature match issues than the election margin.

But if the signature match audit results is a larger number of mismatches there could obviously be a potential issue.

But if you are worried about the integrity of the election, validating signatures seems like a great way to increase confidence in the election.

Why bother having signatures if you'll never check them?
Ramdiesel
Dorm 15 said:

It's true they can no longer tie the envelopes to each mail in ballot. However, they can audit the signatures/ addresses on the envelope against the voter registration file. They can find out is the person alive or dead, does the signature match, does the person still live at the address on their voter reg file, or do they live out of state, etc.? This will tell them if the vote should have been counted or not. If they find thousands that should not have been counted (no matter who they voted for) then they have to throw the election results out by state law. They have to let the State Legislature (Republican majority) pick the electors to send..

Do you get it now?

The stupid and corrupt Secretary of State of Georgia signed some consent decree before the election not to audit the signatures against the voter reg files before the election which was against the state election law... So. how many thousands of fraudulent votes do you think they would find if they audited the signatures against the voter reg files?

If Trump doesn't fight this, then the same fraudulent illegal crap will happen in the upcoming Senate run off vote..
Maury Ballstein
Curious presumption that American states only started considering election security 3 weeks ago and it was an anarchic free for all before that.
Old Army Ghost
Yalls signature is the exact same everything?
pacecar02
Lololol

WRONG

This forum is full of past discussion on mail in balloting, voter id, voter security and everything else going back years
Dorm 15
AG
Am I correct that voters in Georgia had to request a mail in ballot?
pacecar02
Just so we are clear, signature verification is what is offered as an alternative to picture id voter verification

I think signature verification is a pretty weak standard and susceptible to subjectivity, but this is what was passed

To now say its too hard or we didn't keep everything we should have to do it, thats a pretty lame excuse
Sq 17
Dorm 15 said:

Given Biden won mail in overwhelmingly , the ability to match Signatures with votes is less important.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

Are you thirteen?
HoustonAggie37713
Trump is raising money for future lawsuits. Facts don't matter.
LostInLA07
AG
Maury Ballstein said:

Curious presumption that American states only started considering election security 3 weeks ago and it was an anarchic free for all before that.

In presuming they always have so it shouldn't be too difficult to demonstrate that.
TRADUCTOR
The Russians using big tech internet ads duped all those voters to elect President Trump 2016. Then big tech should be able to dupe people out of their mail in ballot.
HalifaxAg
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

Your's isn't? What are you three?

The point is not to find an exact match but to at least look at it and determine if it's not just a random mark of some sort. Actually trying to forge a signature would require the forger to spend lots of time and you couldn't possibly do it thousands of time to affect an election.
pacecar02
I dont know

But I assume they have some training that they do like are both sigs in cursive, same slant, stylistically similar

I dunno, its a subjective standard to be certain
VitruvianAg
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

Mine is!
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
jayelbee said:

What the hell does that mean? Nobody signs their signature the same way every time. Especially if you're comparing signatures at different points in time.

I have to sign a stack of 100 checks every month and my signature doesn't match on every one, and there's a huge difference between #1 and #75. And none of those check signatures match what I would sign a business letter with. None of my signatures today match what is on my drivers license signed several years ago.

What does your signature look like when you sign the electronic pad at the grocery store?

Well if they aren't exact, I guess there is no point signing at all.
Old Army Ghost
HalifaxAg said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Your's isn't? What are you three?

The point is not to find an exact match but to at least look at it and determine if it's not just a random mark of some sort. Actually trying to forge a signature would require the forger to spend lots of time and you couldn't possibly do it thousands of time to affect an election.
I almost couldn't take the GRE because my signature on my ID and the signature on my form didn't match. Took 3 tries before they would accept it.
thirdcoast
AG
Ramdiesel said:

Dorm 15 said:

It's true they can no longer tie the envelopes to each mail in ballot. However, they can audit the signatures/ addresses on the envelope against the voter registration file. They can find out is the person alive or dead, does the signature match, does the person still live at the address on their voter reg file, or do they live out of state, etc.? This will tell them if the vote should have been counted or not. If they find thousands that should not have been counted (no matter who they voted for) then they have to throw the election results out by state law. They have to let the State Legislature (Republican majority) pick the electors to send..

Do you get it now?

The stupid and corrupt Secretary of State of Georgia signed some consent decree before the election not to audit the signatures against the voter reg files before the election which was against the state election law... So. how many thousands of fraudulent votes do you think they would find if they audited the signatures against the voter reg files?

If Trump doesn't fight this, then the same fraudulent illegal crap will happen in the upcoming Senate run off vote..

This.

Contact every person who supposedly signed an envelope that has no resemblance to sig in database. (exclude any that are somewhat similar)

Then tell us what % actually voted and who was a harvested fraud vote.
Dr. Horrible
It might not match perfectly every single time, but my signature is first initial middle initial last name. If anyone ever saw something with first name last name as my signature, it would be a pretty obvious fake.

I assume that's what is being talked about and not stuff you'd need to be a handwriting expert on like trying to validate a Mickey Mantle autographed rookie card or something like that.
DallasAg 94
pacecar02
you can and some states apparently do

I also think photo ID is a far better option
Pooh-ah95_ESL
AG
The whole purpose of a signature is to make it something obvious that is yours. If you are not signing something the same way each time, and if you do not have little nuances that possibly only you would know about, what the hell is the point of a signature? Not standardizing your signature is no different than having a weak password.

Certainly someone could forge my signature, but if someone did not readily know my signature, I could easily determine if it was signed by me or someone else, and so could just about anyone else.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

It looked exactly the same on the 300 ballots I xeroxed and had counted.
mrad85
AG
Wait just a minute, aren't the machines designed to verify signatures?

But libs are saying that signatures aren't reliable?

So, the voting machines aren't reliable?

Is that what they are ultimately saying?
Dorm 15
AG
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiejennings/2020/11/06/georgia-requires-signature-matching-on-mail-in-ballots-but-the-science-is-dubious/?sh=67b235217680

Quote:

Prior to 2018, an absentee mail-in ballot reviewed by an untrained person in Georgia could be tossed out without recourse over a signature mismatch. The lawsuit, filed on behalf of the Muslim Voter Project against then Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, argued that this process violated the 14th amendment, which protects a citizen's right to due process. The legal proceedings kicked off due to a disproportionate number of mismatches recorded in Gwinnett County. The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia agreed, requiring a "curing" period for fixes in the 2018 election. A federal appeals court upheld the ruling, which was codified in law by the state legislature in 2019.

Quote:

The Georgia Secretary of State did not respond to a request for comment, but the state's three day "cure" period ends Friday, where any outstanding mismatch ballots are officially rejected. In the case of a recount, none of the uncured mismatch ballots will be reexamined, says Young. "The determination of validity has already been made," he says. "And it's over, which is also why it's kind of scary."

Gap
AG
Dorm 15 said:

Easy answer and I'm not sure why anyone keeps asking this.

Answer: You don't need to tie it to a vote for either candidate as we have a secret ballot system. If the number of illegal signatures is greater than the current difference, the outcome is in doubt.
lb3
AG
Dorm 15 said:

Case law says you don't have to match the signatures to a ballot. If the invalid ballots are greater than the margin, the election is invalid.
eric76
AG
Ramdiesel said:

If they find thousands that should not have been counted (no matter who they voted for) then they have to throw the election results out by state law. They have to let the State Legislature (Republican majority) pick the electors to send..

Can you cite the specific Georgia laws for this? I've looked and didn't find it.

TIA
The Debt
eric76 said:

Ramdiesel said:

If they find thousands that should not have been counted (no matter who they voted for) then they have to throw the election results out by state law. They have to let the State Legislature (Republican majority) pick the electors to send..

Can you cite the specific Georgia laws for this? I've looked and didn't find it.

TIA

The "election" is a signal to the state legislature which Electors they pick for the EC. If the election is tainted, the Georgia house is compelled to ignored it.
pacecar02
Here is a link for grounds to contest

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2015/title-21/chapter-2/article-13/section-21-2-522/
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.