Would you get vaccinated for $1500? Hold out for $2000?

4,270 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigRobSA
justcallmeharry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
A former presidential candidate is suggesting this... Yes, it's still 2020.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-vaccine-1500-stimulus-check/507-3f1f9b19-1ca3-4548-bc25-dd224a32a287

"$1,500 stimulus check proposed to get Americans to take the coronavirus vaccine

A former presidential candidate said paying skeptical people to get the COVID-19 vaccine would be an extra incentive to get the country back to normal.

A former presidential candidate has a plan for getting people skeptical of a coronavirus vaccine to get the shot: pay them $1,500.

A former presidential candidate has a plan for getting people skeptical of a coronavirus vaccine to get the shot: pay them $1,500.

"The faster we get 75% of this country vaccinated, the faster we end COVID and the sooner everything returns to normal," said former U.S. Rep. John Delaney, D-Md., CNBC.com reported Thursday."
BoerneAg11
AG
Shoot I got the virus for free and didnt feel a thing, I'll happily take the vaccine for $1500
CondensedFogAggie
Probably should have an income ceiling, and go to those who theoretically need it the most. Those lines at the food giveaway centers seem awfully long and we have a huge enough deficit anyway.
Tramp96
I could get a nice new AR (too bad it will probably fall off the boat when I'm deep sea fishing) and some ammo with that $1500.
IronAg45
AG
Marcus Brutus
No, I will not tahe the vaccine.
fooz
Nope
Marcus Brutus
BoerneAg11 said:

Shoot I got the virus for free and didnt feel a thing, I'll happily take the vaccine for $1500

Another poster who doesn't understand the risk from a vaccine is not the "virus".
superunknown
AG
Can I get one in both arms for $3000?
OldArmyBrent
AG
Do I have to prove I took it? Or just honor system?
justcallmeharry
S
superunknown said:

Can I get multiple vaccines for my brothers, sister, etc. and bank $7500? Toss in dead relatives for more?
chickenfingers
AG
Rittenhouse said:

BoerneAg11 said:

Another poster who doesn't understand the risk from a vaccine is not the "virus".

This vaccine is different from any in the past because it doesn't contain the virus at all. These are uncharted waters that I do not want to test
Satellite of Love
superunknown said:

Don't stop there, you have two legs and two buns that are prime areas for shots!!!!! $9,000 here I come!
munch96
AG
Is it tax free?
Pelayo
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Probably should have an income ceiling, and go to those who theoretically need it the most. Those lines at the food giveaway centers seem awfully long and we have a huge enough deficit anyway.
Any and every opportunity to redistribute some wealth, eh comrade?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs

When realistic projections of the deficits Harris' ambitious agenda are discussed deficits won't be a concern.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cancelled
AG
I'm thinking about it so I can get back to bjj
notex
AG
Will get the vaccine for the AR of my choice. Call it a vaccine buyback from the government.
Rapier108
Not for 1,500, not for 15,000, not for any amount.
TexAgs91
AG
Paid to take the vaccine? weird

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
TexAgs91 said:

I may be alone in this but I am always skeptical of anything our govt will give to the serfs for free. So I guess that makes me extremely skeptical of anything they are willing to pay me for.
Barnyard96
AG
So where does the $1500 come from?
Maybe Next Year
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Standard procedure, this is totally normal, super duper double pinky swear
YouBet
AG
This is how conspiracy theories get started.
Marcus Brutus
chickenfingers said:

Rittenhouse said:

BoerneAg11 said:

This vaccine is different from any in the past because it doesn't contain the virus at all. These are uncharted waters that I do not want to test

The flu vaccine can also be made from virus proteins.
Ol_Ag_02
AG

Give em your money. I earned mine
CanyonAg77
AG
barnyard1996 said:

Gbr1971
It's a good idea.
CondensedFogAggie
Pelayo said:

When realistic projections of the deficits Harris' ambitious agenda are discussed deficits won't be a concern.

Sure, I don't mind some of my taxes going towards the most vulnerable fellow people in our society, who can ill afford hospital fees in the worst case. Seems like the right, Christian thing to do.
Barnyard96
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Exactly.

Reminds me of the stimulus checks this year. Most people got a check. I got the bill.
IronAg45
AG

Pelayo said:

Sure, I don't mind some of my taxes going towards the most vulnerable fellow people in our society, who can ill afford hospital fees in the worst case. Seems like the right, Christian thing to do.

Forced charity is not charity.
atmtws
AG
barnyard1996 said:

We should take it off our debt owed to China. Plus the costs of the rest of the stimulus and R&D costs for the vaccine and other therapeutics. But Jobama will probably just give China billions just for the hell of it.
Teslag
AG
What kind of soy boy dork is afraid of a vaccine?
munch96
AG
barnyard1996 said:

IronAg45
AG
Gyles Marrett
The govt screwed up getting out the first stimulus checks when there was nothing required to get it. They think they can do another one having to verify it against a list of who got vaccinated? Please

This only makes me more skeptical of it. Anytime someone is willing to pay me to do something like that it's fishy.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.