Los Angeles Imposes New Restrictions, Creeping Toward Full Lockdown

4,035 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Repeat the Line
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
JamesBREI06
AG
Elections have consequences.
Whoop!
SMM48
AG
They're dumb.
ChemEAg08
AG
I'd say "I see gun ranges aren't listed", but then I remember this is CA. Yes, there are conservatives there but they haven't even come close to taking their state back.
#FJB
swampdog01
AG
Problem is so bad let's wait till Monday though.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
"Except protests" Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
Lorne Malvo
AG
"...Except church services, protests, and Gov Newsom's dinner parties."
Big Al 1992
AG
You're at 35% but you're at 25% and you over there can be at 30%. Because science. And protests.
BenFiasco14
AG
Except for protests
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AnScAggie
AG
Biden can't wait to kill the economy, but at least they saved mini golf for now.
J-Licious
AG
Aggie1944s Kid said:

"Except protests" Hahahahahahahahahahaha

So I wonder how they are going to feel when everyone that they try to enforce the order on just states the gathering is in protest of the order
HollywoodBQ
AG
Outdoor Fitness and Batting Cages can only operate at 50% capacity.

All I can do is laugh at the party of science as they make up completely arbitrary rules that have nothing to do with the virus.
Tormentos
AG
Anyone in LA? I am relocating back to US from Singapore and land in LA on Dec 6th...going to be interesting to see how this is being handled, thankfully we fly back into TX the next day.
Aggie Jurist
AG
There is no rational basis for how the lines are drawn. Just bureaucrats pushing everyone around.
LGB
beerad12man
AG
It's just insanity
Post removed:
by user
BallerStaf2003
AG
I'm exhausted living here through the pandemic.

I will say though that the hospitals are mostly full or completely full here in LA.

It all just sucks.
bmks270
AG
So what legislation are they citing as source of their authority to enforce this?

My friend in LA says the police there aren't enforcing these rules on businesses. He told me he overheard police tell a business that they wouldn't be enforcing them.
Marcus Brutus
BallerStaf2003 said:

I will say though that the hospitals are mostly full or completely full here in LA.

It all just sucks.

The hospitals are not full.
Muy
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

Having your freedoms stripped away by the politicians you elected must be extremely exhausting. Maybe you'll learn the next election?
BallerStaf2003
AG
Rittenhouse said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

Elective surgeries are still happening, but almost every hospital has had to divert many resources to icu beds. I know this because my specific business has beds for neurological testing that every hospital does and those beds have been converted into icu beds for Covid.

Therefore, the icus are full or close to full.
BallerStaf2003
AG
That's an original thought.

Except I didn't vote for them.
bmks270
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Rittenhouse said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

Elective surgeries are still happening, but almost every hospital has had to divert many resources to icu beds. I know this because my specific business has beds for neurological testing that every hospital does and those beds have been converted into icu beds for Covid.

Converting beds out of caution and irrational fear doesn't necessarily mean the beds are being used.

BallerStaf2003
AG
bmks270 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Rittenhouse said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

Converting beds out of caution and irrational fear doesn't necessarily mean the beds are being used.

They are being used bc the doctors thst normally used them told me they are needed due to icu overflow.

It's like y'all still can't admit this virus is real. And yea, most are fine but it's still incredibly contagious and in an urban place like LA it just won't stop spreading.

I'm as frustrated as anyone.
Marcus Brutus
BallerStaf2003 said:

Rittenhouse said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

No, they are not. The census is publicly available. They have the same number of ICU beds available right now that they've averaged since June.

Stop spreading fake news.
bmks270
AG
https://deadline.com/2020/11/los-angeles-county-offer-grim-covid-19-update-there-will-likely-be-shortages-of-hospital-beds-icu-beds-1234622133/#comments

Nov 25:

Quote:

"There will likely be shortages in hospital beds and especially ICU beds in the next two weeks," said Dr. Christina Ghaly, director of the L.A. County Department of Health Services. Ghaly oversees county hospitals.

Quote:

Ghaly said on Tuesday that there were 1,230 available hospital beds at that point and 163 ICU beds. That was before Wednesday's increase and, she also noted, "We have not seen the results of the recent spike [in cases]." Those will be seen in two weeks and they will likely be overwhelming.

There is no bed shortage right now. But in two weeks.

Hey everyone! In two weeks it's going to be really really bad!

Muy
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

That's an original thought.

Except I didn't vote for them.

It's not original but it is fact. Stop electing fascists and you won't be under the thumb of fascism. Pretty simple.
bmks270
AG
Headline from June for LA lol:

"Model Predicts County May Run Out Of ICU Beds In 2-4 Weeks As Transmission Rate Is Confirmed To Be Rising"

https://deadline.com/2020/06/los-angeles-county-coronavirus-transmission-rate-rising-icu-beds-prediction-1202955941/
fightingfarmer09
Museums etc where folks spend HOURS wandering indoors get 50% occupancy.

Places of business that actually run the economy 25-35% occupancy.

GTFO.
HollywoodBQ
AG
LA County provides statistics on the Covid and Hospital utilization - including ICU usage.

We're still not quite to the level that we were 5 months ago. And even then, I don't think we were "FULL".

It's also interesting that they state the number of confirmed cases and a higher number of suspected cases.

Anyway, here's the link, choose Hospitalizations from the left hand column and feel free to draw your own conclusions.

http://dashboard.publichealth.lacounty.gov/covid19_surveillance_dashboard/
Sid Farkas
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Rittenhouse said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

They are being used bc the doctors thst normally used them told me they are needed due to icu overflow.

It's like y'all still can't admit this virus is real. And yea, most are fine but it's still incredibly contagious and in an urban place like LA it just won't stop spreading.

I'm as frustrated as anyone.
political leadership treats COVID like airborne ebola when it comes to deciding on lockdowns. then they treat it like the common cold when it comes to their personal lifestyles (eg Newsome, Pelosi, Feinstein, Guv Cuomo)

Fauci was against masks before he was for them...pro-lockdown except when 'hooking up' (ref Rolling Stone magazine interview).

All of the above were pro-riots and anti church during lockdowns...

these people are casual about destroying aspects of our economy and social structure for reasons they dont even believe
BallerStaf2003
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

LA County provides statistics on the Covid and Hospital utilization - including ICU usage.

We're still not quite to the level that we were 5 months ago. And even then, I don't think we were "FULL".

It's also interesting that they state the number of confirmed cases and a higher number of suspected cases.

Anyway, here's the link, choose Hospitalizations from the left hand column and feel free to draw your own conclusions.

http://dashboard.publichealth.lacounty.gov/covid19_surveillance_dashboard/

La county, Rancho, and USC Keck are completely full with overflow now going to cedars, UCLA, and the Kaiser's.

The public health system is completely overwhelmed with Covid.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

It all just sucks.

I am so ready for someone or someones who have had enough of this stupidity to take out their frustration on those who come up with these silly restrictions whether it be a governor, county judge, city council, or whatever.
Gigem314
AG
And the vast majority of Hollywood will continue to blindly support these policies as it decimates parts of its industry.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.