8 Democrat congressional candidates refusing to concede

3,655 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capt. Augustus McCrae
DustysLineup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dailywire.com/news/8-u-s-house-races-still-have-not-been-called-republicans-lead-all-8-races

Quote:

The results from eight U.S. House races have still not been finalized in the 2020 elections nearly four weeks after election day. The Republican candidates in all eight races currently are leading their Democrat opponents.

5 in NY, 2 in Commiefornia, and 1 in Iowa.

How does it take more than 4 weeks to count a congressional race?

Time to Heal? Or TIme to Steal?
Gigem314
AG
So it's ok for them to not concede...but Trump is creating a crisis by not waiting for the process to play out.
Tanya 93
The article said several of them have conceded

One race is like 30-40 vote difference

Anyone would challenge that
Not a Bot
AG
Iowa 2 is in the middle of a fierce recount battle with a lot of twists and turns. Not conceding in that race is completely understandable. The GOP challenger leads by eight votes. Eight. There's been some dubious issues in one county with the recount as some ballots appear to have been counted twice, and there will be some big court battles ahead.

New York 22 is having similar problems. Very very tight race. They are down to a few thousand challenged absentee ballots that a judge has to go through. The problem is some of the counties didn't follow the proper procedure in how they marked the challenged ballots. Instead of writing on the ballot exactly what the challenge was, some used sticky notes which fell off in transport. So the judge has no idea why some of the ballots were challenged. The judge himself said "we have a very serious problem on our hands" and wants everyone in court on Monday.

As for the others it's pretty clear who the winners will be. Especially the other races in NY that are mostly blowouts.
Agvet12
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Iowa 2 is in the middle of a fierce recount battle with a lot of twists and turns. Not conceding in that race is completely understandable. The GOP challenger leads by eight votes. Eight. There's been some dubious issues in one county with the recount as some ballots appear to have been counted twice, and there will be some big court battles ahead.

New York 22 is having similar problems. Very very tight race. They are down to a few thousand challenged absentee ballots that a judge has to go through. The problem is some of the counties didn't follow the proper procedure in how they marked the challenged ballots. Instead of writing on the ballot exactly what the challenge was, some used sticky notes which fell off in transport. So the judge has no idea why some of the ballots were challenged. The judge himself said "we have a very serious problem on our hands" and wants everyone in court on Monday.

As for the others it's pretty clear who the winners will be. Especially the other races in NY that are mostly blowouts.

The irony lol
amfta
AG
This surprises anyone ? It's okay for Dems but not Trump or any Republicans. Same ol, same ol and everyone just accepts this !!! It is time to ratchet this up, take the gloves off and get mean. Republicans and conservatives need to man the F up and get in the fight and stop being a bunch of P*****s and what can we do about it whiners !

Been saying it for decades. We gonna let a bunch of liars cheaters schemers and stinking leftist take this country down without taking it to the streets and tearing crap up and giving them back as good and better than they dish out ? I say burn it to the ground. Start talking it up, saying it our loud to all around you. The more it is discussed and said out loud without remorse, the more it will be thought about and accepted. Time to let the Left know they are crossing the line and yes two can play for keeps.
“Death is preferable to dishonor"
2004FIGHTINTXAG
The underlying issue is that states and counties aren't following the law and/or have horrible processes. One or both of these is causing this to drag out for weeks and causing the public to question its integrity.
Not a Bot
AG
In terms of the thread title, several of these Dems actually have conceded.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/rep-max-rose-concedes-race-to-malliotakis-following-bitter-campaign/

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-john-katko-elections-house-elections-syracuse-dcdc46dd8b51c7d21af548422f9e5e93

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/nyregion/ny-house-garbarino.html

Not a Bot
AG
A lot of it is that the sheer amount of mail-in ballots overwhelmed a lot of the counties that are not used to having to deal with them. A lot of them try to have minimal staff due to Covid. A recipe for a slow count.
DustysLineup
AG
You wanted me to read all the little words? Honestly, I looked at the numbers and "undeclared" status before posting. I still think it's crazy for congressional elections to be undeclared and still in the initial counting process 4 weeks after an election.

I understand that some smaller counties may not have been prepared for the insane volume of mail ballots.
TheFirebird
AG
Quote:

8 Democrat congressional candidates refusing to concede
Quote:

"The Democrat challenging Republican U.S. Rep. John Katko in a battleground district in central New York conceded the race Friday,"

Quote:

"Garbarino beat Democrat and military veteran Jackie Gordon, who conceded the race,
Quote:

"Democrat Rep. Max Rose, facing a nearly 16-point deficit as the counting of absentee ballots began this week, on Thursday conceded to Republican Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis
So much fail from OP.
aggiehawg
AG
jeremiahjt
I was just coming here to post that. I was on the Politco House page when it updated with a new call.
Onceaggie2.0
aggiehawg said:

Dems didn't cheat hard enough?
Jmiller
Gigem314 said:

So it's ok for them to not concede...but Trump is creating a crisis by not waiting for the process to play out.

Did they say before the election the only way they would lose is because of fraud and now they are claiming fraud in the press but won't make those accusations in court? They are in the wrong if they are like Trump and making frivolous accusations.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Actually the California GOP did their own ballot harvesting, I believe. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
SeMgCo87
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

The underlying issue is that states and counties aren't following the law and/or have horrible processes. One or both of these is causing this to drag out for weeks and causing the public to question its integrity.
And, since none of them appear to be Process and Accountability oriented (e.g., on an audit team or process design / monitoring), it never occurred to them that the PRIMARIES were the perfect time and place to AUDIT THE BEJEZUS out of the workers, so that the issues are uncovered then and there. That gives them to work out corrections.

And don't say, "yeah,but there wasn't the volume...". That holds no water as an argument because it will always come down to the human element in the process. Yeah, it may be painstaking, but all mail-in ballots get attached to security / carrier envelopes so that audits of signature verifications can take place in an audit environment.

I would bet after the audit velociraptors slice and rake out the intestines from a few ballot counting workers, that either they learn, burn or quit.

And that, too, is a good decision...eliminate MIB 'cause they have no personnel. Either way, we the people, win.
hbtheduce
AG
Nah the CA GOP actually started ballot harvesting of their own because those idiots made it legal. They then cried on twitter about it.
taxpreparer
AG
Harry Lime said:

I understand that some smaller counties may not have been prepared for the insane volume of mail ballots.

This is an issue for me. Mail in ballots should be requested by the voter and the county should know how many they mailed out. They should have been prepared. If they are receiving more ballots than they mailed out, there is a problem.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
SeMgCo87
AG
taxpreparer said:

Harry Lime said:

This is an issue for me. Mail in ballots should be requested by the voter and the county should know how many they mailed out. They should have been prepared. If they are receiving more ballots than they mailed out, there is a problem.
One element around the inherent fraud of MIB is the concept of a secret ballot.

A mail-in ballot, like social media, should have no pretense of secrecy. The very process itself is not secret, therefore require a person's signature ON THE BALLOT. Date, too. And you can convey to the voter that same precedent.

And do NOT eliminate the signed carrier envelope, either. Other than that, it all goes into the jacket envelope as before, except now there is a tangible, three way signature match, just like an accounting transaction...PO => Receiving Report => Invoice.
Stumpknocker
Just go to the ****ing polls and vote like I have every cycle since 1973.

Pretend you're going to get your nails done or hair straightened or buy a lottry tickets for Christ's sake. If you can go to church every week for a year you can vote once every 2-4 years.

Come on man!
IslanderAg04
They'll magically find enough votes.
Gigem314
AG
Jmiller said:

Gigem314 said:

Did they say before the election the only way they would lose is because of fraud and now they are claiming fraud in the press but won't make those accusations in court? They are in the wrong if they are like Trump and making frivolous accusations.
Did they say they'd refuse to concede like Biden and refuse to answer any real questions about positions they'd take as President? If so they're in the wrong.
Big Al 1992
AG
If only voters could prove they are who they say they are with some sort of identification or something.
zephyr88
AG
My little town had a mayor's race that was won by 4 or 5 votes.

Even after the count was counted and recounted, the incumbent loser never conceded.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
FPS_Dough said:

aggiehawg said:

Oh I'm sure Biden won that district. All those voters looking to unseat an incumbent Dem would surely also want to unseat the orange man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.