When do we get the new Climate models?

2,427 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NormanAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It's a lagging indicator/libs
3 Toed Pete
AG
We all died in 2000 as al gore predicted. Don't fight the science.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
We are headed back to an Ice Age! We now must take drastic measures to reverse this cooling!

-libs in not too distant future
dermdoc
AG
Climate "models" will always change because man can not control the climate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spider96
AG
3 Toed Pete said:

We all died in 2000 as al gore predicted. Don't fight the science.
Al is going to come after us with that hockey stick.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Once 1/2 the population dies from Covid it should get better
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

Shortly after 20-Jan new climate models and phony data will start spewing from DC as the public gets indoctrinated ahead of all the phony climate deals coming from the Biden regime over the next four years
We fixed the keg
AG
Was just talking with a group of friends over this before Thanksgiving. I doubt we will see or hear ***** We are going on about 9 months with massive reductions across the globe in consumption and travel. 50-100 years from now, I am betting the needles don't even flicker.
TomFoolery
AG
How's the hole in the ozone doing!?
TexAgs91
AG
3 Toed Pete said:

We all died in 2000 as al gore predicted.
Link? AOC did make an absurd claim like this, but I don't think Gore's absurd claims went that far.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
TexAgs91
AG
dermdoc said:

There has to be an accurate climate model and there's no guarantee of figuring it out. Unless you're saying the climate doesn't follow predictable physical laws.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
YouBet
AG
I would assume a new baseline is being set by the climate cartels that shows how COVID has somehow accelerated our climate demise.

Not sure why any of this matters though since we only have somewhere around 9 years to live on our 12 year countdown.
FJB
AG
I have been capturing acid rain in the rain barrel. Planning to use it later to etch some concrete.
Change Detection
AG
There are a few folks I wished had gone away in 2000. Oh well, one can always dream.
Clob94
Hold up, I was told by some little snot nosed Nordic child just last year that we were all going to be dead in 12 years. That means we only have 11 years left.

Isn't it funny to you folks how people have to create these massive boogie monsters to fight so that they can give some sort of meaning to their sad little lives?
Ellis Wyatt
Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

Shortly after 20-Jan new climate models and phony data will start spewing from DC as the public gets indoctrinated ahead of all the phony climate deals coming from the Biden regime over the next four years
It is amazing how not having a radical freak in the White House put a lid on all the nutjob climate change conspiracy theories they usually pump out constantly.
PneumAg
DallasAg 94 said:

10 months of significant reduction in Global Production.

When is the new Climate model going to be released that shows the impact to CO2, et al GreenHouseGases?

When do we start to see the impact or healing of Mother Earth?

According to the EIA, we are tracking at about a 10% reduction in Energy consumption:
https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/mer.pdf

Overall, we are down about 4% YoverY, through August, but up from 2018.

Page 5.

If the reduction has had no impact... what will have an impact?

Obviously taking more of your money and giving it to black people will have the biggest impact.
NevadaAg
AG
I've gone through my 10th umbrella this year due to all the acid rain.
"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." George W. Bush, SOU address 1/20/04
AgResearch
AG
Two more weeks
depriest1022
AG
It's funny now but emission controls on sulfur dioxide from coal plants in the late 70s and 80s basically eliminated the acid rain issue.

I still think a warmer planet is a greener planet that can sustain a larger population. Also, additional CO2 is a free fertilizer because at the peak of many growing hours it becomes a limiting factor.
Maroon Dawn
AG
CC is old news

COVID is the much better fear vehicle for getting the global marxist agenda passed
AgResearch
AG
Ozzy Osbourne
But the fight against global warming, racism, $lib_policy is never done.
titan
S
DallasAg 94 said:

10 months of significant reduction in Global Production.

When is the new Climate model going to be released that shows the impact to CO2, et al GreenHouseGases?

When do we start to see the impact or healing of Mother Earth?

According to the EIA, we are tracking at about a 10% reduction in Energy consumption:
https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/mer.pdf

Overall, we are down about 4% YoverY, through August, but up from 2018.

Page 5.

If the reduction has had no impact... what will have an impact?

Abolishing the MSM and DNC would go a looong way.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Climate change will be the new reason to lockdown. Must save Gaia by staying home and not going outside.
YouBet
AG
brs4688 said:

Climate change will be the new reason to lockdown. Must save Gaia by staying home and not going outside.

That's already been pushed by globalists.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
YouBet said:

brs4688 said:

That's already been pushed by globalists.

I am sure big tech will have a change of ideology and stop silencing opinions that do not fit their beliefs.
Sid Farkas
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

CC is old news

COVID is the much better fear vehicle for getting the global marxist agenda passed
/why-not-both? gif
IslanderAg04
Well, we're now at 8 years until dooms day. Thank gawd the 47 year swamp creature is here to save us.
Old Sarge
AG
Clob94 said:

Hold up, I was told by some little snot nosed Nordic child just last year that we were all going to be dead in 12 years.

"How dawe ewe!"
Green is the new RED.
30wedge
Have to wait until the budget for grant money comes out and then you will see the the pencil-necked geeks in lab coats, pocket protectors, and high water pants resurface.
dermdoc
AG
TexAgs91 said:

dermdoc said:

There has to be an accurate climate model and there's no guarantee of figuring it out. Unless you're saying the climate doesn't follow predictable physical laws.
I do not believe man has the power to alter the climate short of maybe a nuclear war.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexAgs91
AG
dermdoc said:

TexAgs91 said:

dermdoc said:

I do not believe man has the power to alter the climate short of maybe a nuclear war.
I didn't say anything about altering the climate. We have pretty good models of stars. That doesn't mean we can alter them.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
NormanAg
AG
Quote:

There has to be an accurate climate model . . .
Sadly, an "accurate" climate model it is near nigh impossible for many reasons that I have posted on this board for almost 20 years.

Our land temp database is very, very short.

Our sea surface temp database is completely unreliable before the advent of weather satellites.

Before the advent of weather satellites there are HUGE gaps in our global temperature data records, especially over the polar regions, oceans and underdeveloped parts of the world like Africa, the Middle East, etc.

The accuracy of our temperature measuring devices, while vastly improved in recent years, is still lacking. And until just recently in our historical temperature data records it was HUMAN EYEBALLS that read the thermometers. Think about that for a second.

The practices of how often and WHEN "official" temperatures are recorded and how often (once a day/twice ad day/more often) has varied GREATLY over time and and between countries. "Standardization" worldwide is much better RECENTLY, but still not anywhere near perfect.

Climate modelers OFTEN use sketchy statistical methods that can make professional statisticians heads explode.

I'm sure I could list more reasons, but I've had one two many Merlots tonight and MY head is about to explode.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.