Black Rifle Coffee disavows Kyle Rittenhouse

13,830 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by thirdcoast
SLAM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't buy from them:

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/official-statement-kenosha

They have disavowed Kyle Rittenhouse.

This is who you should be buying from:

I agree with this tweet:

Why in the world would Black Rifle Coffee do this? The only people who were buying their coffee were exactly the same people who supported Rittenhouse. I'm not sure I've ever seen a company blow up their own business this badly. I doubt they have a single left wing supporter at all. Just truly amazing decision-making here.
Cassius
That was a very dumb thing to do. They'll probably be out of biz insude a month.
aggieforester05
AG
Looks like they just denied having a relationship with him which is likely factually accurate. Doesn't mean they do or do not approve of his actions.
UTExan
Maybe they have other irons in the fire. BRC has been very supportive of conservative causes in the past.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PeekingDuck
AG
Did you actually read their statement?
Tailgate88
AG
Meh, their coffee isn't that good anyway.
B-1 83
AG
"We did not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI."

That is a far cry from "disavowing" Rittenhouse or not supporting the 2A.
Cassius
PeekingDuck said:

Why would you respond to a accusation, the basis of which is not true. Rittenhouse is not a domestic terrorist. Yet, they felt obligated to give credence to it by responding? If I'm their advisor I tell them to ignore it. Heck, for all you know, the shirt could be photoshopped.
CS78
PeekingDuck said:

Sounds like they support the fact that he was arrested and charged.
pfo
AG
I still think the NBA wins the Darwin Award for destroying their audience, brand and value. Viewership for their title game between their biggest market teams and staring "King James" was down 77% from previous years.

Ideally the NBA just goes away

Ha ha! Fools! Get woke, go broke!
SLAM
aggieforester05 said:

Looks like they just denied having a relationship with him which is likely factually accurate. Doesn't mean they do or do not approve of his actions.

They bowed to the mob to try and appease them. That's not how it works anymore. When you give in they just go harder, every single time. Releasing a public statement in this manner in response to leftist criticism was very dumb.
Cassius
B-1 83 said:

"We did not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI."

How about no response? Or how about... "although we have no relationship with Mr Rittenhouse, we support the right to self defense against the liberal radicals who attacked him".
slammerag
AG
Agree with their coffee is terrible. Always thought brand was gimmicky, this confirms.
BDub3
AG
For a group that hates cancel culture, the right sure does a lot of canceling.
TriAg2010
AG
Cassius said:

That was a very dumb thing to do. They'll probably be out of biz insude a month.

I bet they won't.
SLAM
Cassius said:

B-1 83 said:

How about no response? Or how about... "although we have no relationship with Mr Rittenhouse, we support the right to self defense against the liberal radicals who attacked him".

This is how they should have responded:

aggie93
AG
Meh. Some folks will be up in arms but this sounds like some knock off competitor trying to make hay.

Rittenhouse is an idiot. He is a kid so he somewhat allowed to be an idiot but going into the middle of a riot with a gun is not a smart thing for a 17 year old to do, especially when you are traveling to the area to do so. He likely will be convicted of some crime in the end though not murder. I'd certainly be fine with him walking entirely but honestly I can't help but wonder what his parents were thinking letting him do this. I have a 17 year old son who loves to shoot and hunt but I would absolutely kick his butt if I found out he was going into a riot scene with an AR even if his intentions were pure.

I don't begrudge BRC for saying they don't have a relationship with the kid and for being upset he was jumping on their brand. The kid was being very irresponsible with a weapon and to my understanding that isn't their values. They are a group of military vets who are highly responsible with firearms, that doesn't mean they need to be involved with Rittenhouse.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
StingLikeABee
SLAM said:

Don't buy from them:

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/official-statement-kenosha

They have disavowed Kyle Rittenhouse.

This is who you should be buying from:

I agree with this tweet:

Why in the world would Black Rifle Coffee do this? The only people who were buying their coffee were exactly the same people who supported Rittenhouse. I'm not sure I've ever seen a company blow up their own business this badly. I doubt they have a single left wing supporter at all. Just truly amazing decision-making here.

Perhaps they simply believe we, as a society, should not be encouraging teenagers to arm themselves and drive to riots to act as extra-judicial police?

The matter of self defense is a separate issue entirely and is what Kyle's trial will resolve, but I'm not sure anyone should be encouraging more 17 year olds to take to the streets with weapons. Just doesn't sound like a winning formula for the country left or right. Lol. How bout it... would you pack your 17 year old son up with a loaded rifle then happily drop him off in the middle of an active riot? No? Ok. We have our answer then.
FriendlyAg
Lol you guys need to read
SLAM
BDub3 said:

For a group that hates cancel culture, the right sure does a lot of canceling.

If this is how the game is going to be played then so be it. If you don't actively support us, then goodbye.
Sex Panther
AG
No clue how you reached that conclusion from their statement

Can we leave cancel culture and "eating their own" to the left?
SLAM
Sex Panther said:

No clue how you reached that conclusion from their statement

Can we leave cancel culture and "eating their own" to the left?

It was a response to leftist criticism, which is why it was ******ed. You should always look at actions within context.
Corn Pop
Huge overreaction to a very generic tweet. That being said, in today's day and age you better be ready to pick a side over such a big issue. BRC is overpriced average coffee with a good marketing team that focused on a small but very loyal and passionate area of the market.

They're never going to be a billion dollar Starbucks. If they'd acknowledge that and make a statement like "While we don't have a personal relationship with Kyle, and only know the details of the case that have been released to the public. We stand behind every Americans 2A rights." They'd probably actually see a spike in sales. It's amazing how many of these companies are given fast balls down the middle and they whiff because they're scared of the SJW mob that makes up 0% of their sales anyway.
Faustus
B-1 83 said:

They need to sponsor him then, or the boycott is on!
Tanya 93
Damn there are crybabies on this thread

They don't have a relationship with an out of state 17 year old with a borrowed rifle during a riot

PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!
Ags4DaWin
My issue is that they made no statement refuting or stating that the assertion that Rittenhouse is a domestic terrorist has not been proven.

They could have worded their statement in a way that refutes support of Rittenhouse while at the same time asserting the fact that he has not been convicted of anything.

that would have been a politically neutral opinion. This statement because it implicitly agrees with the assertion that Rittenhouse is a terrorist by responding to the assertion their company supports him without responding to the allegation that Rittenhouse is a terrorist is not politically neutral.

half of their shtick is that they support veterans. the other half of their schtick is that they support the second amendment and those two reasons play a big role in why people buy from them. if they aren't going to support someone using their second amendment right for defensive purposes then they just come off as hypocritical and as a company using the 2nd amendment solely as a marketing ploy when it is convenient to do so and capitulation when it is convenient to do so as well.

this is why they deserve to be ridiculed.

TLDR: Don't be a company that pretends to be taking a moral stand if you're gonna puss out and tuck tail and run the second you might get abit of bad PR, especially from people who despise you anyway.

sad to see a veteran run company without any cajones when it comes right down to it. pathetic.
Cartographer
So the brand can't choose to distance themselves from someone they don't want to be associated with?

No real indication they are anti 2A they just don't want to have anything to do with the situation.
gonemaroon
AG
Holy **** some people cannot read the English language.

We are doomed here, read what they wrote WORD FOR WORD and stop reading into *****
Pepper Brooks
AG
Regardless of whether the statement actually "disavows" the kid...

Who the fk cares?
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
AgResearch
AG
I'm here to join in and disavow the faux outrage at the same time.

Boo Weekley
B-1 83 said:

This.
BigRobSA
1) They could/should have worded it differently to show support of the idea of self-defense while also stating that he hasn't been convicted of anything.

2) This is why "social" media is abhorrent and a taint on humanity.

3) See #2.
Bunk Moreland
Q predicted this.
rgag12
AG
Most dem companies would come out guns blazing if it was a dem or a dem protected group (see Breonna Taylor and other criminals from this past summer).

What they did isn't wrong, they have no official ties to Rittenhouse. But it's be nice if they did come out and support him, it's not like they are going to alienate a bunch of libs drinking their coffee
unmade bed
Cancel culture
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.