What makes Trump so unlikeable?

7,046 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by sultanofshreveport
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In a lot of these threads people keep saying Trump lost because of his personality, his attitude, etc....What the hell makes him so unlikeable vs Biden? What has he said, or done that made him impossible to vote for? I honestly don't get it.
Rapier108
He says mean things.

This is basically what all the NPCs believe because the media tells them so.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
hunterntexas
AG
Probably all the children he put in Obama's cages.
AgBQ-00
AG
5 years of propaganda from the leftists.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Because half of our country (including the dead people who voted) are lemmings and only believe what the media tells them. 4+ years of "orange man bad" has made them a party of NPC's.
Tobias Funke
AG
I voted for him, but if you seriously can't see why he is unlikeable I'm not sure this thread is going to help you. He's a complete ass.
BoerneAg11
AG
He lost Arizona because he called their decades long Republican senator a loser who got captured in war. It doesn't matter if you argue McCain started it.

If Trump could have been the bigger man and not short himself in the face he wins AZ.
mm98
AG
nm
BrandoC
AG
Voters and America loves the man. Hell he won the election. You better damn believe that a **** ton of dead people will vote for Republicans 2024.
SUag
AG
Malignant narcissism
Post removed:
by user
TexAgs91
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

In a lot of these threads people keep saying Trump lost because of his personality, his attitude, etc....What the hell makes him so unlikeable vs Biden? What has he said, or done that made him impossible to vote for? I honestly don't get it.
Don't fall for that narrative. They don't like him because he's a threat to them. That's why we voted for him.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
javajaws
AG
Look, I voted for Trump both in 2020 and 2016. But let's be honest, he's a bit of an ass and an egomaniac (not unlike Obama). I love most of his policies...but a lot of time when he speaks I just have to tune him out. I can easily see how less educated voters who vote more on feelz would not vote for him. It's not rocket science.
Spotted Ag
AG
Probably the same thing that makes me unlikable. I DGAF what people think and I'm not afraid to say things that might offend them. I have a few close friends. I trust them and only them. People love me or hate me. Admittedly, there are far fewer that love me and I am just fine with that.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
txtomster
He is not politically correct ! People can't take the truth sometimes .
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BoerneAg11 said:

He lost Arizona because he called their decade long Republican senator a loser who got captured in war. It doesn't matter if you argue McCain started it.

If Trump could have been the bigger man and not short himself in the face he wins AZ.

Trump wins in a landslide even w covid, if he lied just a little less, didn't make outrageous claims, acted a bit more rationally in that first debate, tweeted less, and didn't pick fights unnecessarily w people like McCain. He torpedoed himself. Nobody to blame but himself.
BigRobSA
Tobias Funke said:

I voted for him, but if you seriously can't see why he is unlikeable I'm not sure this thread is going to help you. He's a complete ass.

And, while not Presidential, it was one of the few things I like about him. He's a lib, but he doesn't take ***** Now, if only he sounded more intelligent.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
bmks270
AG
Media edits.
amercer
AG
He a loser now, so I'm pretty sure by his own criteria that makes him unlikable.
azul_rain
His lack of logic and his emotional ego
pollo hermanos
AG
javajaws said:

Look, I voted for Trump both in 2020 and 2016. But let's be honest, he's a bit of an ass and an egomaniac (not unlike Obama). I love most of his policies...but a lot of time when he speaks I just have to tune him out. I can easily see how less educated voters who vote more on feelz would not vote for him. It's not rocket science.
His base is uneducated white males. He has an inverse relationship with education. Agree with your other points.
aTm2004
AG
He's not a beta push over like the GOP and never-Trumpers. He takes the fight to you and doesn't let off.
Ragoo
AG
Tobias Funke said:

name a "nice guy" in politics or business.
Ag87H2O
AG
People on the left and center are often emotionally fragile, and they are intimidated by successful people with strong personalities. Their precious feelings get hurt, their inadequacies become apparent, then their emotions outweigh common sense. To them, feelings are more important than performance.
rgag12
AG
Likable people usually aren't the people you see at the heads of companies or in powerful positions. If a likable person does end up being in a high up position they usually end up being ineffective because they want to please everyone.

When you are successful it means you get things done. To get things done you sometimes have to be rude, abrasive, unapologetic, stubborn, argumentative, etc. Having these qualities will get a lot of things done and to go your way, but in the process not everyone is going to like you.

Take a look at those who you know who have been your bosses. I know most of mine that I've had that were super successful were actually kind of pretty big jerks. As a "nice guy" in the real world I know my ceiling is only so high, unless I get some breaks, because I want people to like me. It's a trade-off.
Central Committee
AG
1.) the never ending media narrative that Trump is racist, misogynist, filled with hate....

2.) he tweets some stupid things and allows himself to be involved in petty bickering.

And a lot more #1.....
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Beat40
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

BoerneAg11 said:

He lost Arizona because he called their decade long Republican senator a loser who got captured in war. It doesn't matter if you argue McCain started it.

Trump wins in a landslide even w covid, if he lied just a little less, didn't make outrageous claims, acted a bit more rationally in that first debate, tweeted less, and didn't pick fights unnecessarily w people like McCain. He torpedoed himself. Nobody to blame but himself.
The part about lies - every single politician lies like crazy. It drives me mad when people using someone's lying as an excuse not to vote for someone when the person they voted for lies just as much.

Agree that if he wouldn't have said so much crap about McCain that he wins AZ.
Maroon Dawn
AG
White women didn't like him because Facebook and the view told them not to like him and that they would be ostracized if they didn't vote for the senile racist rape pedophile who was the TRUE womyns candidate
Teslag
AG
SUag said:

Malignant narcissism

Aren't most politicians? Why does Trump get singled out for it?
McKinney Ag69
AG
I honestly don't get it either. Is he uncouth sometimes? Yes he is, but he is a business man from New York. What do you honestly expect. He's been playing that game for 50 years and doesn't mess around, or play games.

I watched his rallies and personally found him to be funny and charming much of the time. The people completely adored him.
javajaws
AG
pollo hermanos said:

javajaws said:

His base is uneducated white males. He has an inverse relationship with education. Agree with your other points.
I'm talking about education on political policies and how our government is supposed to work. Not grade school knowledge.
BoydCrowder13
rgag12 said:

Likable people usually aren't the people you see at the heads of companies or in powerful positions. If a likable person does end up being in a high up position they usually end up being ineffective because they want to please everyone.

When you are successful it means you get things done. To get things done you sometimes have to be rude, abrasive, unapologetic, stubborn, argumentative, etc. Having these qualities will get a lot of things done and to go your way, but in the process not everyone is going to like you.

Take a look at those who you know who have been your bosses. I know most of mine that I've had that were super successful were actually kind of pretty big jerks. As a "nice guy" in the real world I know my ceiling is only so high, unless I get some breaks, because I want people to like me. It's a trade-off.

I'd disagree. There are many Fortune 500 leaders, some of whom I met or know that are great people. Not like Trump at all.
amercer
AG
Every politician lies. Trump lies constantly about things that don't even matter. (And are easily disproven)
rgag12
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

BoerneAg11 said:

Not true. The Dems were going to manufacture enough votes in the key cities they knew were going to be battlegrounds to win the election Corona or not.

The Never trumpers were never going to vote trump regardless of any situation.
pollo hermanos
AG
javajaws said:

pollo hermanos said:

javajaws said:

I'm talking about education on political policies and how our government is supposed to work. Not grade school knowledge.
You really think the masses of poor uneducated whites are better educated on government than the highly educated? Maybe so - i wouldnt think that is the case.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.