Battleground states -- election night

2,266 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will the media outlets be actually calling any battleground states on election night? My guess is they will if Biden wins them but won't if Trump wins them unless its such an overwhelming margin that can't be denied..

Which are the states that still have these rules changes where votes will still be tallied after election day? PA and NC I think are two. I think MI was shot down but unsure.
Bonfire1996
AG
I think they stop reporting vote totals if trump is winning by wide margins.
sam callahan
at this point, they have proven themselves possible of anything.

anything except journalism.%A0
Burrus86
AG
What network coverage is everyone watching Tuesday night? Fox?
rgag12
AG
The media will refuse to call trump battleground states on election night. They might give a vote total that shows trump slightly ahead but say that doesn't mean Trump won.

I also suspect most media outlets will refuse to update electoral vote totals for the battlegrounds on election night so they'll end their coverage giving Biden the electoral vote lead to make people go to sleep with the feeling Biden is winning, when in reality he isn't.
Sterling82
Fox unless Trump is running away with it. The CNN to CBS.
country
AG
They won't call them IMO. They'll start promoting mail in ballots and talking about uncertainty, etc. they'll do that long enough to give the dems a shot at finding enough secret boxes to win.
rab79
AG
Burrus86 said:

What network coverage is everyone watching Tuesday night? Fox?
Mark Levin radio, and then rsb youtube channel after that
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Gigem314
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Yep. They will slow play it if Trump is ahead and pretend like they need more verification.

While I would love to see it over with on election night...I think they delay calling it a Trump victory until the next day if things play out like 2016.
Not a Bot
AG
They will be posting the live reported vote tallies as usual. Unlikely we see a lot of races called. The standard generally is they have to be 99.5% sure of the win before they call it. Many precincts are going to take a long time to report results.
aggiehawg
AG
Actually, I will have several Sec of State and certain county sites up in different windows to check on the margins. Probably will have FNC on in the background. Margins. Sucks that Florida is in two different time zones but if the margins in the Eastern Time Zone aren't very high (30%) for Biden by Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, he's toast in Florida.
TAMUallen
AG
Media will meltdown again after sunshine pumping. Then the mail in ballot **** starts
rab79
AG
aggiehawg said:

Actually, I will have several Sec of State and certain county sites up in different windows to check on the margins. Probably will have FNC on in the background. Margins. Sucks that Florida is in two different time zones but if the margins in the Eastern Time Zone aren't very high (30%) for Biden by Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, he's toast in Florida.
Will also be checking the board for any aggiehawg updates and analysis
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Bonfire1996
AG
aggiehawg said:

Florida is already over. Trump will win by more than 5%. Currently, more Republicans have voted in Miami Dade than Democrats. It's the equivalent of Seattle going red. A dead red Florida and Ohio means so very much regarding the overall tenor of the voting enthusiasm level, and the electoral college as a whole. It's gonna be a rough night for the left.
Red Fishing Ag93
Always_Right
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Ol_Ag_02
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Wizard!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.