What does the country look like under full Republican control?

4,355 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AlexNguyen
bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

AggDogg61
God-fearing, flag-waving, beer-drinking 'Merica
Earl_Rudder
AG
aggiehawg said:

This.

Hawg once again takes the mantle of my favorite poster.

(Rocky, you need to put in work to catch up sir.)
Earl_Rudder
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Gays in cages, illegal children in cages, blacks in cages. Everyone gets a cage!
Do I get Nicholas Cage or Johnny Cage...?

halfastros81
AG
Firstly it's not "control". Secondly a lot of Republicans are not much different than Democrats. They are swamp rats looking to make bank rather than serve their country. If you had said constitutionalist rule the answer would be very different . Republican not so much.
amfta
AG
Not perfect by any stretch but; a helluva alot better than the alternative that's for sure.
“Death is preferable to dishonor"
HalifaxAg
AG
bmks270 said:

I cried out of joy...looks at those faces!
tsuag10
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Gays in cages, illegal children in cages, blacks in cages. Everyone gets a cage!
Was coming here to post this
“Progressivism is the b@stard child of Marxism.” — Mark Levin

“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts…” — CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

valvemonkey91
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

aggiehawg said:

This.

What a man and leader. I remember watching that live as a kid.

Me too. Lying on the floor on a beach towel in front of our Zenith TV because I was eating popcorn on my mother's new carpet.
BoozerRed78
AG
What did it look like for two years after Trump was elected? Chickens**t Republicans didn't do jack-shinola.
Pelayo
AG
People in car accidents bleeding to death and pregnant women in labor dying of eclampsia as the husband does his best because hospitals won't see them without payment. Everyone but the rich lose healthcare.

Oh wait, that never happened either before aca or before Medicare & Medicaid
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXaggiesTX
AG
It would look like what's going on with the congressional hearings on big tech right now - lots of senators yelling and screaming and talking big about all the stuff they're going to do and then not doing it. (See 2016-2018)
Squadron7
AG
Ag87H2O said:

aggiehawg said:

This.

I sure miss that man. I didn't know him personally, but he engendered a respect and familiarity kind of like a well loved grandfather. He was so wise, and loved America, and what a tremendous going away message. It is what all conservatives should aspire to for America. Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

Thank you for posting this as a reminder about one of the greats and of the shoulders on which we stand.

And when it was his time to be "Literally Hitler" he, too, had to take his turn in the barrel at the hands of the Lefty DNC/MSM/Academia troika.

Ronnie "Ray-Gun" was going to blow up the whole world with his simplisme' Hollywood Cowboy worldview.

Instead, the Berlin Wall fell and the USSR collapsed with a shot being fired.
Rooster4Ag
AG
Here we go again focusing on only party politics. It doesn't look any better when you consider the fact that 95% of republicans act just like democrats. People forget that since the Reagan administration most of the country was staffed by republicans.
What have ye done to surpass man?
Kearney McRaven

titan
S
RDV-1992 said:

The last time we had full Republican control (during 43's presidency) is what broke me from the Republican party. I was excited for the "Contract with America" & thought that we would end up with a society that was transformed for the better. Instead they just nosed up to the trough and started feeding on all of the pork.
To be fair, you are mis-remembering. That was NOT the "Contract for America" -- its architect, Gingrich & Co., had been undermined by then. The 2000-2006 tenure was just tepid, tepid, tepid. Even with the 9/11 War that provided an enemy -- very anemic response. Gingrich delivered on the Contract fairly well, and it helped that Bill Clinton was the last somewhat American minded Democrat President to date.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
RDV-1992
Hi Titan. I may be misremembering when contract with America actually occurred. But I'm not misremembering the dismay that I felt about what was (or actually, wasn't) accomplished with republican control of the house, senate, and executive branch during 43's first term. That changed me from a moderate (basically a classical liberal) who mostly voted republican to being a 3rd party supporter.
titan
S
RDV-1992 said:

Hi Titan. I may be misremembering when contract with America actually occurred. But I'm not misremembering the dismay that I felt about what was (or actually, wasn't) accomplished with republican control of the house, senate, and executive branch during 43's first term. That changed me from a moderate (basically a classical liberal) who mostly voted republican to being a 3rd party supporter.
Oh, fully agree. I was specific -- Gingrich delivered. The Bush43 admin DID NOT. I remember the disgust felt by the mid-terms 2006 and no surprise at losing both houses. By the time of Obama's first term, before he revealed he was a Leftist, had some hope it would be a Clinton-redux. Put another way, was pro-Trump/Cruz 2.0 tone in 2016, not hopeful about McCain style Republicans any more. That's why all the Lincoln Project posturing produces a shrug.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
titan
S
BoozerRed78 said:

What did it look like for two years after Trump was elected? Chickens**t Republicans didn't do jack-shinola.
Incorrect, they got the taxes and deregulations rolled down. That led to the unleashing. It wasn't total failure despite McCain's ruining the ACA repeal start.
FrioAg 00:
MostlyHarmless
AG
If they were all truly conservative I'd say it looks pretty good. Probably be even better if it was across the board Libertarian but that's never going to happen either.
akm91
AG
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
AlexNguyen
titan said:

Oh, fully agree. I was specific -- Gingrich delivered. The Bush43 admin DID NOT. I remember the disgust felt by the mid-terms 2006 and no surprise at losing both houses. By the time of Obama's first term, before he revealed he was a Leftist, had some hope it would be a Clinton-redux. Put another way, was pro-Trump/Cruz 2.0 tone in 2016, not hopeful about McCain style Republicans any more. That's why all the Lincoln Project posturing produces a shrug.
Absolutely. Those guys wasted a golden opportunity when they had a Republican Congress and President. For a long time I thought they were just incompetent and unable to work together. Now I realize the later was true because a huge chunk of them were never conservatives in the first place. And now they aren't even Republicans even those the MSM trots them out as such on the talking head shows.

I would be happy for those guys to leave permanently. Frankly anyone involved with the Lincoln Project needs to lose the R immediately. You can't support Biden and all that means (cronyism, New Green Deal, etc.) just because Trump hurts your feelings and still call yourself Republican or conservative.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.