About those late ballots in PA

4,017 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't trust them without verification by both sides watching.

Quote:

Pennsylvania officials have notified the U.S. Supreme Court that the Secretary of the Commonwealth issued guidance to county boards of election directing them "to securely segregate all mail-in and civilian absentee ballots received between 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, and 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 6, 2020, from all other voted ballots."

The cutoff under Pennsylvania law for receiving mail in ballots to count is 8 p.m. A state Supreme Court ruling extended that to 5 p.m. on Nov. 6 but that extension is under court challenge. Republicans are asking the Supreme Court to declare that order unconstitutional.

Republicans asked that, at a minimum, late ballots be kept separate. The state took the action today on its own.
LINK
Mostly Foggy Recollection
The segregation is a good thing.
Ag87H2O
AG
Come on ACB. The voting is over on Tuesday. Put an end to this blatant attempt at cheating. Time to start taking back lost ground.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
This is why biden isnt campaigning. They are going to try and steal. There is plenty of proof of voter fraud and no one on the left cares.

Voter fraud is a slap to the face and pissing on the grave of every service man and woman who gave their life defending our freedom to live in a society ran by WE THE PEOPLE!

Those doing it should spend a life sentence in prison.
DallasAg 94
aggiehawg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

If they actually do it. My take is that the election officials did this to slow the new full SCOTUS from taking the issue back up on an emergency basis.
AgGrad99
AG

The mail-in ballots should be separate, but equal.
IDaggie06
AG
AgGrad99 said:

The mail-in ballots should be separate, but equal.
They should be separated and then shredded.
1836er
AG
aggiehawg said:

If they actually do it. My take is that the election officials did this to slow the new full SCOTUS from taking the issue back up on an emergency basis.
That was my take as well, hopefully it won't work.

I don't trust them to do that any more than I trust them to not engage in other voter fraud efforts.

IMO they are about as likely to actually keep the late mail-in votes separate as a criminal is to acquire his firearms legally.
AgNav93
AG
This election will be stolen. This is a soft coup.
rgag12
AG
That's very good news. I was afraid they were not going to segregate and after a favorable ruling for republicans they were going to throw up their hands and say it was impossible
aggiehawg
AG
rgag12 said:

That's very good news. I was afraid they were not going to segregate and after a favorable ruling for republicans they were going to throw up their hands and say it was impossible
Only if it can monitored and verified by Trump campaign lawyers.
FTAG 2000
AG
aggiehawg said:

rgag12 said:

Only if it can monitored and verified by Trump campaign lawyers.
Saw Trump's sending a team of lawyers to PA. Main focus is on Philly but will be covering the state as a whole.
Keegan99
AG
My guess is there are enough poll watchers and volunteers elsewhere. But in deep blue Philly they need the pros.
titan
S

Quote:

Republicans are asking the Supreme Court to declare that order unconstitutional.

Republicans asked that, at a minimum, late ballots be kept separate. The state took the action today on its own.
Missing something here---this seems a positive in that it meets a GOP minimum requested?
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
aggiehawg
AG
titan said:

Quote:

Republicans are asking the Supreme Court to declare that order unconstitutional.

Missing something here---this seems a positive in that it meets a GOP minimum requested?
Matter of not trusting them to actually do what they have promised. Would rather have SCOTUS strike down the blatantly illegal action of changing state election law by judicial fiat. Nip the scheme to commit fraud in the bud before they have the opportunity to do it.

I don't trust the bastages. Simple as that.
Gigem314
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

This is why biden isnt campaigning. They are going to try and steal. There is plenty of proof of voter fraud and no one on the left cares.

Voter fraud is a slap to the face and pissing on the grave of every service man and woman who gave their life defending our freedom to live in a society ran by WE THE PEOPLE!

Fraud shouldn't be tolerated on any level.

That said, I don't think that's the reason the Biden campaign is minimizing appearances. I think they're doing it to keep Joe from talking too much and showing who he really is..both in cognitive abilities and after last week's debate.
Faustus
https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/10/pennsylvania-republicans-return-to-supreme-court-to-challenge-extended-deadline-for-mail-in-ballots/

Quote:

. . .
Four days after the justices left in place a ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court that requires election officials in that state to count mail-in ballots received within three days after Election Day, Nov. 3, Pennsylvania Republicans returned to the Supreme Court. This time, rather than asking the court to put the state supreme court's ruling on hold, they asked the justices to rule on the merits of the case and to do so before Election Day. And with the Senate set to vote on Monday night on the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the vacancy left by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, there could be nine justices to consider, and eventually vote on, the Republicans' request.

The dispute now back before the Supreme Court began when the Pennsylvania Democratic Party filed a lawsuit that challenged parts of the state's absentee-ballot system in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Relying on a provision in the state's constitution, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended the deadline for mail-in ballots until Nov. 6. Ballots that are clearly postmarked after Election Day would not be counted under the Pennsylvania court's ruling. Ballots postmarked on or before Election Day, and ballots with no postmark or an unclear postmark, would be counted if received by the new deadline.

Republican legislators and the Pennsylvania Republican Party asked the justices on Sept. 28 to put the Pennsylvania court's ruling on hold. They argued that the portion of the ruling allowing unclear postmarks would result in the counting of some ballots that are actually sent after Election Day, thereby violating federal election law and the U.S. Constitution.

The eight-member court denied the request on Monday. Four of the court's conservative justices indicated that they had voted to grant the Republicans' request and block the state court's decision. That was one short of the five votes that the Republicans needed, which means that Chief Justice John Roberts voted with the court's three more liberal justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.

The Pennsylvania Republican Party returned to the Supreme Court on Friday. Noting that the state itself, in its earlier briefing, had asked the justices to issue a ruling on the merits of the dispute "as soon as practicable," the GOP observed that other states are considering similar extensions for mail-in ballots. The Supreme Court's "timely intervention," the GOP wrote, "could provide desperately needed clarity and help states avoid the sort of last-minute changes in election rules this Court has consistently warned against."

With the election less than two weeks away, the Pennsylvania GOP continued, "these questions must be answered immediately." Therefore, the GOP asked the court to fast-track consideration of the case and decide it "on the merits before Election Day or, in the alternative, on an otherwise expedited schedule." The GOP told the justices that it has also asked the state supreme court to separate ballots received after Election Day from those received before Election Day.
. . .
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh and is the second-most populous county in the state, accidentally sent out 29,000 copies of the wrong ballot to voters earlier this month, giving people ballots for races in other districts. The county is sending out replacement ballots. But if someone sends back the incorrect ballot and doesn't send back the correct one, should it count? Should it only count for the races in their district? If someone sends back both the incorrect one and the correct one, will any accidentally get double counted?
Quote:

As noted above, Allegheny County includes Pittsburgh and it's the second-largest county in the state. So 29,000 ballots don't represent a huge chunk of the electorate there, but given how tight everyone expects the presidential contest to be in the Keystone State, that number could prove to be significant. And when you consider that most of Biden's votes will be coming from Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, this has to be a serious headache for both the Biden campaign and the state Democratic Party. So what exactly went wrong and how does it get fixed?
Quote:

According to one local news report, election officials in the county are pinning the blame on the contractor they hired to print the ballots. The company is blaming a "ballot image mapping error," whatever that means, but the upshot is that all of those people received ballots showing a congressional race in a district other than their own. On top of the 29,000 spoiled ballots that were mailed, they found another 19,000 that were packed up and ready to send out. Those were allegedly destroyed and replaced. This took place on October 14th and they've been scrambling to correct the situation since then.

As to what they could do about it, the county mailed replacement ballots out to everyone the following week. The obvious questions involve how the voters on that list acted or will act this week. Election officials say they've been checking any ballots they receive to see if they are the misprinted ones. If they find any, those ballots will be "set aside" to be reviewed by the Elections Returns Board after the election. So what happens to the congressional races that are affected by this? Did all the people who filled out the ballot lose their chance to vote for their congressperson?
VIA Hot Air

This why they can't be trusted.
FTAG 2000
AG
Keegan99 said:

My guess is there are enough poll watchers and volunteers elsewhere. But in deep blue Philly they need the pros.
It hasn't gotten any national news but some judges in Philly keep kicking out GOP poll observers.

Trump had enough and is sending lawyers to fight fire with fire.
aggiehawg
AG
Damnit! I knew SCOTUS would fall for that! Just denied the motion to fast track the case!!
tsuag10
AG
Levin talking about this now.
“Progressivism is the b@stard child of Marxism.” — Mark Levin

“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts…” — CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

rab79
AG
Gigem314 said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Fraud shouldn't be tolerated on any level.

That said, I don't think that's the reason the Biden campaign is minimizing appearances. I think they're doing it to keep Joe from talking too much and showing who he really is..both in cognitive abilities and after last week's debate.
why not both?
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
4stringAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Damnit! I knew SCOTUS would fall for that! Just denied the motion to fast track the case!!
The election is less than a week away. Fast track seems like the only way to hear it. I'm admittedly ignorant of the procedures though.
Boozer92
AG
The disturbing part for me is they allowed to count late ballots with no or unreadable postmarks. At least with on time postmarks there is something indicating the ballot was submitted on or before election day.
4stringAg
AG
My hope is that Trump has it won on election day so its Biden's team having to play offense to flip it.

Also that by some miracle, Trump can win states like MI, WI, MN and maybe NM and NV so PA doesn't ultimately matter. It just seems like that's where the epicenter of abusing the rules and rampant cheating will take place.
aggiehawg
AG
4stringAg said:

aggiehawg said:

The election is less than a week away. Fast track seems like the only way to hear it. I'm admittedly ignorant of the procedures though.
It would take ACB about four hours to read the entire record and be up to speed, even without clerks.

But with the PA election "promising" they'll keep the late arriving ballots segregated from the legal ballots that arrive in accordance with state law, the emergency part got knocked down. And it is all just a ploy.

There will be another Ooops! we thought they were segregated but the bins got mixed up and now we can't tell anymore.
4stringAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

4stringAg said:

aggiehawg said:

It would take ACB about four hours to read the entire record and be up to speed, even without clerks.

But with the PA election "promising" they'll keep the late arriving ballots segregated from the legal ballots that arrive in accordance with state law, the emergency part got knocked down. And it is all just a ploy.

There will be another Ooops! we thought they were segregated but the bins got mixed up and now we can't tell anymore.
Uggh. I can easily see that happening.
aggiehawg said:

4stringAg said:

aggiehawg said:

Then the whole PA election will be sent to SCOTUS and we won't know a winner until December... a mess
Just an Ag
AG
The corrupt Philly DA seems really distressed over Trump keeping his eyes on him...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/philadelphia-da-threatens-trump-presidents-call-poll-watchers

Quote:

In his statement, Krasner said that his office is continuing to work with its partners "in law enforcement and government to ensure every voter gets to vote and that every vote is counted," Krasner said. "Keep your Proud Boys, goon squads, and uncertified 'poll watchers' out of our city, Mr. President. Break the law here, and I've got something for you."

BTW, aggiehawg, appreciate the insight from your end. If you and the hubs are ever down in Montgomery County, I'll buy you two a drink or 30.
EKUAg
AG
PA Republicans appealed back to SCOTUS.

MaroonStain
AG

aggiehawg said:

4stringAg said:

aggiehawg said:

Then the whole PA election will be sent to SCOTUS and we won't know a winner until December... a mess

Only if PA is critical. If Trump has over 271 EC votes without PA, then it's over. Much like MI (?) in 2016.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Tex100
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/philadelphia-da-threatens-trump-presidents-call-poll-watchers

Philly DA threatens Trump. **** that Soros POS

I see posted above. Pennsylvania AG is another disrespectful SOB.
MaroonStain said:

aggiehawg said:

4stringAg said:

aggiehawg said:

Only if PA is critical. If Trump has over 271 EC votes without PA, then it's over. Much like MI (?) in 2016.

Correct. With PA being 29 EVs, the "winner" would have to be at 299 EVs with no other challenges
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.