Texas now a Tossup?

12,761 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wbt5845
Tramp96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
black_ice said:

Tramp96 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

If Trump doesn't win Texas I'll poop slap. Straight up, you heard it here folks.

"poop slap"?

Do I even want to know what this is?

I don't think I do. Do I?

You DONT know what a poop slap is?????

My god man.

I live a sheltered life....one that is pickled with Canadian Whiskey.

DeSantis 2024
TxAgPreacher
S
With a moderate and non brain dead candidate Texas would be a tossup. Not this year, but every election from now on yes.

Some on here underestimate the demographic changes, and Californians.
All my political beliefs are informed by my religious ones. To flag my posts, and tell me to take it to R&P is intellectual cowardice. I will not debate interpretation, that is off topic, and trolling me.
jrdaustin
AG
Tramp96 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

If Trump doesn't win Texas I'll poop slap. Straight up, you heard it here folks.

"poop slap"?

You've been here since 2001 and you don't know what a poop slap is?!?

Oh, for a laugh/cry emoji...
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Not this year, but every election from now on yes.

Been hearing that close to 2 decades on this board
black_ice
Tramp96 said:

black_ice said:

Tramp96 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

"poop slap"?

You DONT know what a poop slap is?????

My god man.

I live a sheltered life....one that is pickled with Canadian Whiskey.

The poop slap is legendary texags lore.

I have spoken.
Tramp96
jrdaustin said:

Tramp96 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

"poop slap"?

You've been here since 2001 and you don't know what a poop slap is?!?

Oh, for a laugh/cry emoji...

Well I spent the first few formative years in the Rivalries board back when it was a fun place to be. But then I took a long hiatus.
DeSantis 2024
HelloUncleNateFitch
The year is 2020

Donald Trump is President

Children are required wear masks to school

And only one person remains on the internet who doesn't know what a poop slap is
YouBet
AG
These are liberal organizations, thus they probably consider Texas to only be Dallas, Harris, Bexar, and Travis county since they have such disdain for non-urban types. In which case, it's a toss up at best for Trump and in reality probably a large loss for Trump.

We need all other counties to offset these four dumbass counties.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Id venture to guess Texas in reality will land around 53-47 Trump in votes between just Trump/Biden.
Aggie118
AG
Poop slap. This is the way.
YouBet
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

The year is 2020

And only one person remains on the internet who doesn't know what a poop slap is
I'm that one person!
aggiesed8r
AG
Uninformed Uneducated idealistic kids ages 18-22 are voting in droves. Some schools have taken voting field trips. Everyone is progressive until they can't afford to be. (First paycheck). Just another need for voter reform.
And yes, yes, yes, they can enlist in the army but don't get to vote? Not at all. Those men and women are paying into the government/paying taxes. Of course they can vote.
Tramp96
YouBet said:

UncleNateFitch said:

The year is 2020

I'm that one person!
Well, then there are two of us.
DeSantis 2024
Tramp96
Aggie118 said:

Poop slap. This is the way.
I do get the Mandalorian references, however.

So I have that going for me, which is nice.
DeSantis 2024
jrdaustin
AG
YouBet said:

These are liberal organizations, thus they probably consider Texas to only be Dallas, Harris, Bexar, and Travis county since they have such disdain for non-urban types. In which case, it's a toss up at best for Trump and in reality probably a large loss for Trump.

There was an analysis that I read somewhere that the 10 largest counties have gone Blue in the last elections, but have been significantly outnumbered by the Red margin in the remaining 244 counties.

Until the population of the top urban counties outnumber the rest of the state, Texas should easily remain a Red state.

Texas currently has a population of 29 million. The top 5 cities in Texas total about 9 million. They have a ways to go.
96ags
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

There are transplants from California and New York, who will bring their voting habits with them. That is why Texas is trending from red to purple. I am a California transplant myself, but I have always voted Republican, including two weeks ago. A Democrat has not won a state-wide election since Ann Richards defeated Clayton Williams in the 1990 Texas gubernatorial election. Joe Biden will not win Texas' 38 electoral votes, and MJ Hegar won't win the US Senate race.
I believe this is a misconception.

I live in Williamson County where a ton of those transplants are moving. They are moving HERE for a reason. I agree that they are bringing their voting habits, but they are good habits that were drowned out where they came from.

I can count well over a dozen people/families that I have met that have moved to Williamson county from the west coast in the last six months and all of them are very conservative.

I think people starting buying into the Texas turning purple nonsense with the Beto wave , but that was a fad that is gone now.
Red Red Wine
AG
One correction: Beto voter fraud was stronger than expected. Not that Cruz ran lower than expected!!!
Magic City Wings
ironmanag said:

I voted straight red but tell every text and phone call that I voted straight blue.

I am not the only one doing this.

So do you take your aggie ring off when you do that?
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's just flat out voter suppression at this point

They know the Red Wave is coming on Election Day and they're desperate to destroy the enthusiasm
AgNav93
AG
If Texas goes blue this election it's because of fraud. Book it. They probably have ballot mills in Bexar and Harris county. Churning out out fraudulent votes. We've got to secure our elections. We're dealing with scum bags.
titan
S
RiskManager93 said:

Rush said it best yesterday. Stop listening to what they say, and watch what they do instead.

If Texas we're in play, Biden would be campaigning down here personally. They would be flooding the state.

They aren't.

It isn't.
Right. Rush outlined it again today - this is attempted voter suppression.

This whole thing is easy as hell: If you are anti-Left, get out and vote for Trump. Even if you think you are the only one in your neighborhood that does. Its not like you have to say. The Democrat unions haven't yet imposed their desire to get rid of the secret ballot.

As for Fox, some say here it has aspects of "controlled opposition" -- after Tucker said last night about having to buck pressure for weeks, to finally release what he did with Bobulinski, that has more legs.

FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Tramp96
And for God's sake, vote in person. Do not trust your vote to a mail-in ballot.
DeSantis 2024
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Montgomery County, Denton, Collin, Williamson and Hays are all out performing 2016 for the Red team. These are all large suburban counties.

Montgomery currently has a 83/16/1 split and is doing 11 points better than 2016 for Rs.
Rapier108
Quote:

As for Fox, some say here it has aspects of "controlled opposition" -- after Tucker said last night about having to buck pressure for weeks, to finally release what he did with Bobulinski, that has more legs.
Fox has never been "pro-Trump", they are just less anti-Trump. They're still majority negative when reporting on Trump, but not the 90%+ like the rest of the media.

And Fox loves having a Democrat in the White House. It means even higher rating.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ag87H2O
AG
Texas is not going blue. The enemy is planting disinformation to discourage Repbublican voters. We all knew it was coming. It is propaganda at the highest level.

Ignore it and go vote. Take friends. Have conversations with people you meet and encourage them to go vote for Trump. Call family and make sure they have voted if you know they are Trump supporters. Everything now is about turnout.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Saying Texas is a toss up is encouragement to Dems/libs to cheat more. Still won't win Texas.
Rockdoc
AG
They're doing the same thing in Texas as they are everywhere else. Trying to suppress the republican vote because that's all they've got. Not working.
rab79
AG
AgBMF42 said:

ironmanag said:

I voted straight red but tell every text and phone call that I voted straight blue.

when you lie to liars is it really a lie? or just a double negative?
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
milner79
Tramp96 said:

If Texas goes blue, I'm moving to South Dakota. Been trying to learn the language:

Arighty then.
Oh you betcha.
Don't you know.
Our governor is hot!
Kellso
jrdaustin said:

YouBet said:

There was an analysis that I read somewhere that the 10 largest counties have gone Blue in the last elections, but have been significantly outnumbered by the Red margin in the remaining 244 counties.

Until the population of the top urban counties outnumber the rest of the state, Texas should easily remain a Red state.

Texas currently has a population of 29 million. The top 5 cities in Texas total about 9 million. They have a ways to go.

I'd redo your math. Taking into account Metro population

The top 5 cities in Texas account for approximately
Austin: 2.5 million
San Antonio: 2.5 million
Ft Worth: 2.5 million
Dallas: 5 million
Houston 6 million

23-24 million out of 29 million residents live in either the San Antonio, Austin, DFW, or Houston metro areas.

The big cities in Texas are the ones growing like wild fire....not the small towns. Houston, Dallas and Austin are the cities being overrun by out of state transplants bringing their small pox, and librul ideas to this great republic of ours.
titan
S
rab79 said:

AgBMF42 said:

ironmanag said:

when you lie to liars is it really a lie? or just a double negative?
Hahah --- that reminds of the old moralist quiz would get growing up --- is it okay if you were a German to lie to the Gestapo that you were sheltering gypsies or jews?

Depending on how purist one is, YMMV.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Charpie
AG
Williamson and Hays flipped blue in 2018.
Always_Right
AG
Republicans are 975k ahead in early voting in Texas.
jrdaustin
AG
Kellso said:

jrdaustin said:

YouBet said:

I'd redo your math. Taking into account Metro population

The top 5 cities in Texas account for approximately
Austin: 2.5 million
San Antonio: 2.5 million
Ft Worth: 2.5 million
Dallas: 5 million
Houston 6 million

23-24 million out of 29 million residents live in either the San Antonio, Austin, DFW, or Houston metro areas.

The big cities in Texas are the ones growing like wild fire....not the small towns. Houston, Dallas and Austin are the cities being overrun by out of state transplants bringing their small pox, and librul ideas to this great republic of ours.
I get your point, and I know my numbers are a swag; but, it's not quite that simple. The main democratic population of all those cities are in the city cores - not the greater metro areas. For example, I live in Lakeway, which is a very red community in the Austin metro area, as is Round Rock, Georgetown, Leander, etc.

I don't have time to break down the numbers into SDs and precincts, and then compare those historical voting averages with population growth in each precinct - which would be the most accurate way to project future numbers in the metro communities. That is what the pollsters SHOULD be doing.
Charpie
AG
Great_I_Am said:

Republicans are 975k ahead in early voting in Texas.
You can't know that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.