Texas now a Tossup?

12,734 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wbt5845
HoustonAggie37713
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's interesting that in 2016 Trump won 52-43. Lots voted third party.
#1 Jaylen Henderson Fan
No, they're not as enthusiastic about Biden as they are/were about Beto, but there is an important distinction.

You either love Donald Trump, or you absolutely hate him. People voting for Beto voted out of their love for him, rather than their hatred for Ted Cruz, while I'd assume a large number of people voting for Biden are voting out of their hate for the president rather than their love for Biden.

Hate compels people to act just as much as love does.
chevy con queso
AG
ironmanag said:

I voted straight red but tell every text and phone call that I voted straight blue.

I am not the only one doing this.

I asked myself what I'd do if I actually got a call, like right now. I would absolutely screw with their results and tell them I love Democrats.

I think most of my friends would do similar, just to throw them off. After '16, they deserve to be wrong all the time.
BanderaAg956
Already voted Trump
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
HelloUncleNateFitch
If Trump doesn't win Texas I'll poop slap. Straight up, you heard it here folks.
American Hardwood
AG
blakegrimez said:

No, they're not as enthusiastic about Biden as they are/were about Beto, but there is an important distinction.

You either love Donald Trump, or you absolutely hate him. People voting for Beto voted out of their love for him, rather than their hatred for Ted Cruz, while I'd assume a large number of people voting for Biden are voting out of their hate for the president rather than their love for Biden.

Hate compels people to act just as much as love does.
Well in this case, hate is going to have to compel more than love, cuz love didn't get Beto elected.
J.P. 03
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

If Trump doesn't win Texas I'll poop slap. Straight up, you heard it here folks.
beerad12man
AG
If polls say Texas is a toss up, then I feel better about polls elsewhere.

Trump signs have outnumbered Biden signs 100 to 1 everywhere I've been. From Leander, to even North Austin, Liberty hill, my drive to the Texas coast last weekend, etc.
aTm2004
AG
1999 Britney Spears is lusting for me as well. Me saying it doesn't make it anymore true.
black_ice
UncleNateFitch said:

I'll poopslap with you. Via zoom of course. Deal?
Magic City Wings
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/texas/

I don't think Biden is going to win Texas, but I also didn't think I'd have three coworkers confide in me that they voted Biden and then "straight ticket" R because they want things to go back to "normal"
Mostly Foggy Recollection
This is purely anecdotal but I tallied 27 of my relatives, friends and coworkers who DID NOT vote Trump in 2016 that are doing so in 2020.

I voted Johnson, some just sat it out. I also voted in the D primary but voted for Trump so I would be seen as a crossover per the data.
beerad12man
AG
AgBMF42 said:

I don't think Biden is going to win Texas, but I also didn't think I'd have three coworkers confide in me that they voted Biden and then "straight ticket" R because they want things to go back to "normal"
Did you tell those idiots to do their research? Do they think things are going back to normal under Biden and that party? The most extreme party of our lifetime?

Can people not see that the reason it doesn't feel normal now is because of the perfect storm of covid, MSM, and an election year?

Covid is the ONLY thing that makes things feel like they aren't normal right now. Without it, we'd all be living a great life. January 2020 was the happiest, and most successful I had ever been.
HelloUncleNateFitch
black_ice said:

UncleNateFitch said:

I'll poopslap with you. Via zoom of course. Deal?

Charpie
AG
Fox is now calling it a toss up? NBC and Cook's Report moved it to toss up as well.

Crazy times
RiskManager93
AG
Rush said it best yesterday. Stop listening to what they say, and watch what they do instead.

If Texas we're in play, Biden would be campaigning down here personally. They would be flooding the state.

They aren't.

It isn't.
Beerosch
AG
Where can I get toss up odds to bet on? I'd free up 6 figures to place that bet
GCP12
AG
Beerosch said:

Where can I get toss up odds to bet on? I'd free up 6 figures to place that bet
Trump is like -300 on my online book.
beerad12man
AG
RiskManager93 said:

Rush said it best yesterday. Stop listening to what they say, and watch what they do instead.

If Texas we're in play, Biden would be campaigning down here personally. They would be flooding the state.

They aren't.

It isn't.
Yep. Like I said, if something is telling these polling sites that Texas is a toss up, it sure gives me a lot more confidence elsewhere. Trumps winning texas. 99% sure of that(I'll never go 100% all in on something until it's done, but I can say that with about as much assurity as anything)
jrdaustin
AG
Charpie said:

Fox is now calling it a toss up? NBC and Cook's Report moved it to toss up as well.

Crazy times
Fox and NBC are simply regurgitating the Cook Report article. An article that apparently has little to no scientific methodology behind it, by the way.
TommyGun
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

It's interesting that in 2016 Trump won 52-43. Lots voted third party.

A lot of Texan's didn't like how the battle between Cruz and Trump went down during the primaries and held that against Trump. That sentiment has long since passed for most and I see him winning the state with even better numbers this year.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Just went to the betting sites and predictit.... LOL at toss up. If you think it's going blue lay your money down
#1 Jaylen Henderson Fan
Exactly. One thing I hope people take away from 2016 and whatever happens in 2020 is that polls actually don't lie, but polls also don't elect the president. Your supporters have to actually show up in the ballot box. You can love Trump all you want, or love Biden all you want, but if you don't actually vote then it doesn't matter.

I'd also like to remind you that Cruz actually did worse than his polling average in 2018 and Beto did better. Long story short is that nobody should let their candidate winning or losing in polling dissuade them from voting. Like Coach Fisher preaches, don't get complacent.
Charpie
AG
I thought NBC moved them to toss up before Cooks did?
Magic City Wings
beerad12man said:

AgBMF42 said:

Did you tell those idiots to do their research? Do they think things are going back to normal under Biden and that party? The most extreme party of our lifetime?

Can people not see that the reason it doesn't feel normal now is because of the perfect storm of covid, MSM, and an election year?

Covid is the ONLY thing that makes things feel like they aren't normal right now. Without it, we'd all be living a great life. January 2020 was the happiest, and most successful I had ever been.

Things weren't normal in 2019. Our clients and vendors used to talk about things other than the orange cultist.

And if you wanted normalcy during Covid, maybe you should have elected an effective leader.
eric76
AG
We'll find in a week or so whether Texas is a tossup.

One thing to remember is that in 2016, quite a few people voted for Trump because Trump was far more likable than Hillary -- the not HIllary vote was hardly tiny. That's not the only reason people voted against Hillary -- many people didn't like her politics any more than they liked her and considered her unfit to be President. (I don't know anyone who actually likes Hillary.)

I've read that many people find Biden far more likable than Trump. If many of those who voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary turn around and vote for Biden as the more likable candidate, then that loss might be hardly insignificant.

In my view, this election is so screwed up that I don't see a clear winner. Biden is leading in the polls, but that doesn't mean that he will win. Trump came from behind in 2016 but that doesn't mean that he will win.

At this point, it's nothing but a muddy hog contest and either muddy hog could win. I think that we will only figure out why one or the other loses while looking at it in hindsight at which point many will claim that it was obvious all along.

jrdaustin
AG
Charpie said:

I thought NBC moved them to toss up before Cooks did?
As I stated in my OP, two of the 3 main players in the Cook report are NBC analysts. IT'S THE SAME THING!

Chicken : Egg
Aggie118
AG
This is a ploy to get Trump and his team to panic and go to Texas and Georgia instead of doing work in the actual battle ground states.
Ellis Wyatt
AgBMF42 said:

beerad12man said:

AgBMF42 said:

Things weren't normal in 2019. Our clients and vendors used to talk about things other than the orange cultist.

And if you wanted normalcy during Covid, maybe you should have elected an effective leader.
Wait, you're voting for the corrupt old fool? Will he come out of his basement?
beerad12man
AG
AgBMF42 said:

beerad12man said:

AgBMF42 said:

Things were absolutely normal to anyone who wasn't letting MSM consume their lives and just wanted to live. Sorry if your clients and vendors are ridiculous. In my line of work it never came up.

Our business was up more than ever before. Unemployment was down. Travel was up. Life was very, very good.

There is no normalcy during covid. I see now that your post was agenda driven.
Tramp96
UncleNateFitch said:

"poop slap"?

Do I even want to know what this is?

I don't think I do. Do I?
DeSantis 2024
nu awlins ag
AG
suburban cowboy said:

It's just part of the narrative of what the left and MSM wants you to believe

Bingo. They want to give the impression that Biden is so far ahead, your vote for Trump would be meaningless. Seriously. The MSM is absolutely trash and can't be trusted.
Anti-taxxer
AG
ironmanag said:

I voted straight red but tell every text and phone call that I voted straight blue.

I am not the only one doing this.

Same here ((raises hand))
black_ice
Tramp96 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

"poop slap"?

Do I even want to know what this is?

I don't think I do. Do I?

You DONT know what a poop slap is?????

My god man.
JP_Losman
AG
Orange Man Bad = Dead Husk Good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.