ATM "Explosions" Happening Across Philadelphia

5,151 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by APHIS AG
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.com/amp/atm-explosions-philly-explosion-philadelphia-civil-unrest/7420875/

17 separate "explosions" in which bandits use explosive devices to attempt access to cash inside the machines. Probably just a mostly peaceful sequence of protests and no descriptions of suspects.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
DrEvazanPhD
These are mostly peaceful explosions, right?
black_ice
Are they following COVID protocol ?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Philly keep it up just driving more voters to the trump train.
justcallmeharry
S
black_ice said:

Most likely wearing masks, anyway...
H2SAag
AG
Suburban Pennsylvania moms can't like this
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Owlagdad
all that money in those machines was made at the expense of black labor-- so it is okay.
Gyles Marrett
It's just reparations! They deserve that money!
Martin Q. Blank
Maybe they really hate ATMs.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Enter pin number.

3....2.....1.....boom
Glenlivet
AG
Probably nothing will happen...except ATM's are federal...walmart and such are not
chevy con queso
AG
Interesting approach. I know they have locators in them, and guys used to just drag them off and bust them open as quick as they could, then ditch it.

BadMoonRisin
AG
Sure this is totally a coincidence and not organized at all. Just 17 lone wolves. Trying to get their corporate reparations.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
TexasAggie_02
AG
Mostly peaceful ATMs
Gigemags382
AG
Bank robbers are the most socially responsible people in the country due to their vigilant mask wearing.

We need to be encouraging bank robberies at all costs if we're actually serious about defeating this virus.
UTExan
BadMoonRisin said:

Sure this is totally a coincidence and not organized at all. Just 17 lone wolves. Trying to get their corporate reparations.

I guess they know Philly cops have been ordered to stand down.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
MGS
Gigemags382 said:

Bank robbers are the most socially responsible people in the country due to their vigilant mask wearing.

We need to be encouraging bank robberies at all costs if we're actually serious about defeating this virus.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price.
crowman2010
AG
If an ATM explodes, and no one is around to hear it, is it peaceful?
Tramp96
black_ice said:

Don't have to. It's been established that mostly peaceful protests don't spread the virus. Science!
DeSantis 2024
SLAM
Guess this is probably why herpes is on the rise with Antifa and BLM. Ass Eatin' szn never ends apparently.
CSTXAg92
AG
black_ice said:

They're set to detonate when someone violates COVID protocol.
Actual Talking Thermos
BadMoonRisin said:

Of course it's organized... by a group of bank robbers who have a particular MO. Nobody's suggesting this is 17 isolated incidents.

The connection to protests seems tenuous at best though.
Raiderjay
These peaceful people are just trying to provide for their families in the economy Trump single handedly destroyed.....
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
ABATTBQ11
AG
Believe it or not, this is not new. Blowing out an ATM is a criminal art form. It's been handing in Europe for quite some time. Typically they fill the ATM with an explosive gas mixture and ignite it. If you look it up this had been going on in Philadelphia specifically for awhile now.
aggiepanic95
AG
Mostly peaceful cash withdrawal?

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't robbing an ATM one of the dumbest crimes you can attempt? As in they have locators in all of the machines, and they know the bill numbers that are stored inside, so they can track any purchases you make with the money?
aggiehawg
AG
Glenlivet said:

Probably nothing will happen...except ATM's are federal...walmart and such are not
FDIC insured bank. You betcha that's federal.
strbrst777
"Nothing to see...peaceful protests...money and machines can be replaced." Sick of it and the Dempols who let thugs take over.
UTExan
Dumbest and low probability of return on investment. These folks obviously don't do financial management in traditional terms.
UTExan
aggiehawg said:

Glenlivet said:

Plus explosive device makes it an ATF matter.
pdaddy
AG
Banking made easy
BadMoonRisin
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Of course it's organized... by a group of bank robbers who have a particular MO. Nobody's suggesting this is 17 isolated incidents.

The connection to protests seems tenuous at best though.

Well they should give up, then. Most of those reports stated that no money was taken.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
tsuag10
AG
According to AOC and our progressive betters, we have to stop and think that maybe they are stealing money because they need the money to feed their starving children.
“Progressivism is the b@stard child of Marxism.” — Mark Levin

“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts…” — CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

aggiehawg
AG
UTExan said:

aggiehawg said:

Glenlivet said:

Good point.
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg said:

UTExan said:

aggiehawg said:

Glenlivet said:

Good point.
Oh, well, if one of our federal investigative alphabet bureaus are investigating it then...nothing will happen since this isn't a right wing extremist robbery.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.