ATM "Explosions" Happening Across Philadelphia

5,149 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by APHIS AG
aggie appraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much money is held in a typical atm machine?
Tex100
AG
justcallmeharry said:

black_ice said:

Are they following COVID protocol ?
Most likely wearing masks, anyway...
and hoods
rausr
AG
Phat32
AG
There is a group in Philadelphia who has been using shape charges/low grade dynamite for some time against ATMs.

They took advantage of the fog of war last night to target more than normal - including in-store ATMs at places like CVS that would otherwise have attendants.

You do not see widespread use of explosives in the US against ATMs for a couple of reasons:
- High likelihood that you blow yourself up
- Hard to find and use (most ATM criminals are dumb as a box of rocks)
- As a previous poster noted, it becomes a federal terrorist type incident

Have not seen many gas attacks across the US yet, but it is very prevalent in Europe. Expect more in Philly until the group I mentioned above is caught. These are not gang bangers or your random looter.
Phat32
AG
aggie appraiser said:

Depends on a ton of factors. Ones in your local bar are around $5K. The drive-ups at your local big bank can be north of $150K.

The ones mentioned in this story, if I had to guess, were averaging around $30-50K cash load.
Burrus86
AG
Was the ATM beveled? If so, I support its destruction by whatever means necessary!
titan
S
BadMoonRisin said:

Sure this is totally a coincidence and not organized at all. Just 17 lone wolves. Trying to get their corporate reparations.
Look up something called StoppingThe Coup. Its Leftist, and pertains to Election week.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
txyaloo
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Believe it or not, this is not new. Blowing out an ATM is a criminal art form. It's been handing in Europe for quite some time. Typically they fill the ATM with an explosive gas mixture and ignite it. If you look it up this had been going on in Philadelphia specifically for awhile now.
This is becoming a larger issue in the US. Certain ATMs are very vulnerable to gas attacks. Oxy/acetylene is relatively easy to come by and can blow the safe open without much cash loss. Most of the major FIs are quickly implementing methods to close the gaps. This is just the latest escalation. Texas has one of the highest ATM crime rates in the nation. Hook and chain attacks are rampant in the Houston metro area.

Banks are adding dye systems to mark the bills, bollards and swing gates on either side of the ATM, active microphones and GPS trackers, etc to try and cut down on the attacks. It's really intensified this year. As mentioned - it is federal, and the Secret Service is involved in most of the investigations, but they're being done by organized rings that move through various metro areas.
nu awlins ag
AG
UTExan said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Sure this is totally a coincidence and not organized at all. Just 17 lone wolves. Trying to get their corporate reparations.

I guess they know Philly cops have been ordered to stand down.

Nothing from CNN, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc and most importantly nothing from the Biden campaign denouncing this *****
nu awlins ag
AG
tsuag10 said:

According to AOC and our progressive betters, we have to stop and think that maybe they are stealing money because they need the money to feed their starving children.

...because of AOC and her ilk have wanted and supported shut downs keeping them from their jobs. This **** drives me crazy that normal people can't see this. You really think that AOC and her crew actually care about you? If they did, they would do what ever was necessary to help open back up the economy to get them back on their feet.
aggie appraiser
yukmonkey said:

aggie appraiser said:

Depends on a ton of factors. Ones in your local bar are around $5K. The drive-ups at your local big bank can be north of $150K.

The ones mentioned in this story, if I had to guess, were averaging around $30-50K cash load.

Dang. I had no idea they would have so much on hand.
Phat32
AG
Think we might be in same industry
BanderaAg956
nu awlins ag said:

tsuag10 said:

According to AOC and our progressive betters, we have to stop and think that maybe they are stealing money because they need the money to feed their starving children.

...because of AOC and her ilk have wanted and supported shut downs keeping them from their jobs. This **** drives me crazy that normal people can't see this. You really think that AOC and her crew actually care about you? If they did, they would do what ever was necessary to help open back up the economy to get them back on their feet.

Same for the riots! Those looters are stealing flat screen TV's, washers, dryers, computers, and Nike's to feed the children!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
txyaloo
AG
yukmonkey said:

Think we might be in same industry
I work for one of the big 3 manufacturers in services architecture. Spent a lot of time this year in solution design and getting products on the street to stop the attacks.
HalifaxAg
AG
UTExan said:

aggiehawg said:

Glenlivet said:

Probably nothing will happen...except ATM's are federal...walmart and such are not
FDIC insured bank. You betcha that's federal.

Plus explosive device makes it an ATF matter.
ATF is too busy at the moment; they're making legal gun owners into criminals over the AR pistol issue. You know instead of hunting down real criminals, they need to manufacture them.
APHIS AG
Owlagdad said:

all that money in those machines was made at the expense of black labor-- so it is okay.
Also, they are in dire need of it so that they can pay rent and buy groceries.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.