Ted Cruz laying the wood

11,655 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cruz supported Trump trade policies against China and also supported USMCA.
Get Off My Lawn
Enough talk. Revoke their 230 status. Crush them for their in kind political contributions.
HtownAg92
AG
Womackster said:

Why is the Senate talking to Tyrion Lannister?

DCAggie13y
AG
I understand that argument but imagine if cable TV providers banned conservative or liberal stations from airing shows. That is effectively what social media is doing. It is a communications media just like cable that is actively engaging in censorship.

If we regulated the cable industry, I think its only a matter of time before we regulate social media.
End Of Message
AG
awinlonghorn said:

jack dorsey invented twitter. it is a private business that employs thousands. good to see the party of the free markets try to bankrupt a private entity.

dems do it too, to be clear, but never thought the free market party would.

Ted needs to rally his fellow snake oil politicians and change 230. easy. everything else is a charade

Sorry your social media lost
Burdizzo
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Twitter, Facebook and other social media need to lose their Section 230 status and be regulated and held liable

Does that include Texags?
End Of Message
AG
Burdizzo said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

Twitter, Facebook and other social media need to lose their Section 230 status and be regulated and held liable

Does that include Texags?

Twitter lite.
Rip*91
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Ted Cruz will never be President. He's the smartest guy in the room and he knows it. I will never vote for him in a GOP Primary.
Well, that settles it! He can never win without your vote in a GOP Primary.
awinlonghorn
my social media lost? Okayyyyy.

Ted cruz is on Twitter complaining about Twitter. It dosen't get any more hypocritical than that. Ted Cruz relies on twitter to get his message out as the champion of free speech.

Maybe Ted Cruz and Trump and Hawley should all get off Twitter? Didnt realize it was a public utility.

Twitter is a public corporation. By law, their first and foremost duty is to their shareholders. If they are breaking the law and doing something illegal, punish them. Change section 230.

This is the third or fourth time these CEOs have been called to testify. I'll keep waiting for something to actually change...
End Of Message
AG
That's kinda the point: Ted Cruz has to go to Twitter to complain about Twitter (and then possibly deplatformed).

Do you see the issue?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
larryj41
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Ted Cruz will never be President. He's the smartest guy in the room and he knows it. I will never vote for him in a GOP Primary.

I will and already have.
awinlonghorn
Right, no issues with that. Change the law.

Trump surrogate Rudy was on FoxNews two days ago saying Trump if relected is going to take apart and destroy FB/Twitter, etc. That feels like a vendetta.

Change the law or modernize the law if they are not operating within the parameters of 230.

Clarence Thomas wrote a paper a few weeks ago that suggested that if a company is operating as a platform and a publisher, then the publisher rules supercede the platform protections.

No issues with that whatsoever.

My point is why is Cruz on Twitter in the first place? Why is Trump on Twitter?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
awinlonghorn said:

Trump surrogate Rudy was on FoxNews two days ago saying Trump if relected is going to take apart and destroy FB/Twitter, etc. That feels like a vendetta.

Change the law or modernize the law if they are not operating within the parameters of 230.

Clarence Thomas wrote a paper a few weeks ago that suggested that if a company is operating as a platform and a publisher, then the publisher rules supercede the platform protections.

To communicate directly to the people
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
BMX Bandit
BurnetAggie99 said:

Cruz supported Trump trade policies against China and also supported USMCA.
not during the 2016 campaign
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

God, Dorsey is an unrepentant hypocrite and liar. That is one of the major problems we have in society today. Big Tech and their executives are above the law. There is nothing in our legal framework to hold them accountable for their actions.
I have taken some professional development courses with an emphasis on big tech. A key point that they teach and is carried in the industry is that it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. One should not worry about the legalities of something because it will give your competition an opportunity. If something really goes wrong, worst case is your company goes bankrupt and you go elsewhere. Considering my oil and gas background and history as a manufacturer of equipment for industry, I do not agree as there is personal liability and criminality potentially at risk. If you want Big Tech to be concerned about the rule of law, the risk has to be extended to the people making the decisions.
aggieforester05
AG
Troutslime said:

awinlonghorn said:

To communicate directly to the people
Exactly, otherwise their communications go through the media filter which is 99.99% against them and highly likely to be taken out of context
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
BMX Bandit
Troutslime said:

exp said:

I don't understand the point of these verbal lashings. There is no consequence.

Opens up Twitter for legislation

How many hearings are needed before Cruz proposes legislation? Hawley has already done so.
SLAM

He's got Jack in a complete lie now.
HollywoodBQ
AG
AlexNguyen said:

God, Dorsey is an unrepentant hypocrite and liar. That is one of the major problems we have in society today. Big Tech and their executives are above the law. There is nothing in our legal framework to hold them accountable for their actions.
I do recommend watching the interview he did with Joe Rogan sometime in the past year or so. He brought his legal person with him and had her answer most of the questions.

Meanwhile, he tried to just play like he was some cool tech guy who was from the Midwest and therefore not a BSC lib.
one MEEN Ag
AG
ttu_85 said:

Premium said:

First question.

Cruz - can Twitter influence elections
Dorsey - No

Checkmate and no one got it - then how did Russia influence elections in 2016?
This is and has been why Ted Cruz has always been my guy. It should be him running for re-election and not lightning rod Trump. That said voting for Trump on Tuesday.

some of you guys are wrong about Cruz. He can win an election. Sharp as they come.
Cruz was running a Trump-lite campaign in 2016, but he didn't have the outsider, 'deal-maker' appeal Trump did. Trump has taught the republican party leaders to fight back and Cruz suffered some collateral damage in the primaries that democrats still like to poke fun at Cruz for. Maybe Cruz could become president after Trump. I think Dan Crenshaw has a higher ceiling though.

Line Ate Member
AG
The whole point about the NY Post was to show that they had to do something first. It is amazing that in all its power, Twitter can't delete a tweet from one of its members. Far easier to just bad and wait for them to leave.
awinlonghorn
Okay Ted. Why haven't you arrested Dorsey?
BMX Bandit
awinlonghorn said:

Okay Ted. Why haven't you arrested Dorsey?

Because he's not a cop is my guess
Rattler12
awinlonghorn said:

Does the way Trump has been treated for the last 3 1/2 years by the democratic party leaders, liberals and MSM feel like a vendetta to you?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ttu_85
awinlonghorn said:

jack dorsey invented twitter. it is a private business that employs thousands. good to see the party of the free markets try to bankrupt a private entity.

dems do it too, to be clear, but never thought the free market party would.

Ted needs to rally his fellow snake oil politicians and change 230. easy. everything else is a charade
Baby puke orange libs are the worst.
neAGle96
AG
Cruz sounds different than he did last night on Fox. After Tucker's interview, they interviewed Ted and he said he didnt think there was much to the story and he wished Trump would drop it and concentrate on promoting the economy and foreign policy accomplishments on the campaign trail.
BMX Bandit
How are those different?

He does not think Trump should focus on it right now because it's not a winning election issue for him.

But Facebook and Twitter should absolutely not be suppressing the stories.
CSTXAg92
AG
SLAM said:

He's got Jack in a complete lie now.
BEGIN PROSECUTION NOW. DO NOT WAIT. MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF HIM.
aggierogue
AG
Womackster said:

Why is the Senate talking to Tyrion Lannister?
Not even a close resemblance. Dorsey looks like a f'n dork.
GenericAggie
AG
YAWN.

NOBODY GOES TO JAIL.....

This is all politics. Name one case where Cruz or any other R Senator has been able to get the DOJ to take action.

It's all bull crap.
awinlonghorn
and yet i get called all the names in the book for simply pointing out the grandstanding. Ted does it well but they've dragged these CEOs to testify multiple times. Maybe that's the point. NO ONE wants change, they just want to look tough to their supporters.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.