EC Map discussion

8,210 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sasappis
Post removed:
by user
Paradise Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Trump wins.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I want President Donald Trump to win, but Joe Biden has many more paths to 270 electoral votes because of a built-in advantage in electoral votes for Democrats, such as the 55 electoral votes from California. Even if Trump keeps Arizona, Texas, and Georgia red, he will have to win several swing states to win reelection.
FratboyLegend
Florida doesn't really matter from an outcomes perspective, as it is rather far down the list of marginal states in this election. The 'fulcrum' state in this election is most likely to be one of AZ, WI, MI, or PA (in that order IMO). Those are the ones worth worrying over.

Said another way, if FL or OH flip blue, so many other states have flipped blue that those states themselves don't make the difference.
#CertifiedSIP
DamnGood86
AG
Biden does not win, seriously.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
aggie93
AG
Pennsylvania is really the key. I also think if Trump wins PA he wins at least 1 of Wisconsin or Michigan. Those are also the states where Trump has the biggest ground game and basically hasn't stopped going after since he was elected in '16.

Agree though if he loses FL or Ohio he's done, just no way he can win without them. NC would also be very hard to overcome. The interesting thing to me is I think Trump has 3 states he has quietly been building momentum and is now going hard after that it is really too late for a Biden push. Minnesota, Nevada, and even New Mexico.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aginresearch
AG
If FL goes Trump so will NC. Ohio is probably 100% Trump at this point. That will leave PA, MI, WI. AZ is a wildcard but I think there is something happening in NV and possibly NM. I'm 100% not convinced about MN.

Edit: to clarify OH's status
Post removed:
by user
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Michigan. If the people of Michigan want more of Whitler, they will get it with Harris as president. MI will go Trump and seal the deal.
FriscoKid
AG

Start here. Biden needs a clean sweep of the toss-ups on this map.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Gyles Marrett
FriscoKid said:

Arizona is looking safe. I'd be way more confident to list AZ red than PA like your showing. Mainly based on the cheating that will occur in PA. It will simply come down to winning one of the group of MN, MI, WI, or PA. Trump wins if so. If I had to bet can he bring home 1 of those I'd feel like that's a pretty good odds bet.
txagbear
FriscoKid said:

So, you don't think Pa is a toss up?
Not a Bot
AG
I think Trump will win Florida and Ohio.

If you look at states considered bellweathers, North Carolina is the one to look at early on.

Trump carrying Florida and North Carolina puts the EC race at about 50-50. Winning North Carolina is a good omen for a tight race in Pennsylvania, which is a good omen for a tight race across the rest of the Midwest.

FriscoKid
AG
txagbear said:

FriscoKid said:

So, you don't think Pa is a toss up?
It got a lot safer after Biden said he would declare war on the O&G industry.
BoDog
AG
That's assuming he wins PA which I have my doubts. Its crazy. I went to bed feeling optimistic and know I have my serious doubts about next Tuesday. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
FriscoKid
AG
OK, then swap PA with AZ....

Biden still needs a clean sweep of the remaining states except for NV.

Biden's path is a lot harder than Trump's.
Post removed:
by user
amercer
AG
Biden has a lot more ways to get it done. I think he takes PA, and gets Florida by a hair. FL may take a while to recount, but I think it will be irrelevant by the time they do.
Always_Right
AG
amercer said:

Biden has a lot more ways to get it done. I think he takes PA, and gets Florida by a hair. FL may take a while to recount, but I think it will be irrelevant by the time they do.
The early voting numbers in Florida don't support Biden winning.
ReloadAg
AG
I don't understand some of the projections and analysis on this thread given the data we have to work with at this point (not polls). I think Trump wins FL and NC comfortably as well as MI and WI. PA is a toss up given the likelihood of cheating and I also feel good about AZ. I honestly feel like Trump has a shot at MN and New Mex as well. I see a fairly comfortable MAGA win next week.
FriscoKid
AG
amercer said:

Look, here's the deal.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3148726/replies/57750546
NoahAg
FriscoKid said:

But, but, but, Texas is in play!

LOL

Trump wins. Easily.

*Personal disclaimer: I was a never-Trumper in 2016. There are many like me voting for Trump in 2020.
Mucho austin
AG
maybe im just missing something, buy why wouldnt Trump win all the states he won in 2016?

If they voted for him then, he hasnt done anything to change those voters minds, and he has done more than enough to bring more over to him.

I held my nose and voted for trump in 2016. A little more push the other way and I would have written in Ted Cruz. Now nothing could have stopped me from voting Trump. If anything, those who did write in someone else or vote 3rd party should have been pushed toward trump, not away.

I see this as a win for trump equal to a greater than 2016 plus the popular vote*

*ignoring fraud.
agsalaska
AG
aginresearch said:

If FL goes Trump so will NC. Ohio is probably gone for Biden. That will leave PA, MI, WI. AZ is a wildcard but I think there is something happening in NV and possibly NM. I'm 100% not convinced about MN.

What makes you think Biden will win Ohio?

I dont agree with that. Trump will win Ohio by a comfortable margin.
rab79
AG
FriscoKid said:

nice map but NM and NH could be grey as well if AZ and NV are, agree that Penn should probably be grey as well at this point although the O&G issue may be enough to turn Penn pink. If so, O&G should be enough to shift NM as well.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
FrioAg 00
AG
If a Trump takes Penn, I cannot see it as realistic that he'd get swept in the grey states.

If Biden takes Penn, I still think it's possible Trump narrowly takes each of the grey states.
Readzilla
AG
Trump wins Florida Wisconsin NC and ohio easy. only has to win either Michigan penn or Arizona to win it all. easy win for trump
jrdaustin
AG
The problem is, I don't think we're going to know the PA outcome on Tuesday if it goes to Trump. Even if Trump has a lead in PA, the MSM won't call it as they will have 3 days to continue to receive mail-in votes.

If Biden has a lead, they'll shout it from the rooftops.
TravelAg2004
AG
I know everyone likes to poop on 538, but I like the way their election map works.

Essentially, they ran a bunch of simulations of different scenarios and polling. When you pick a state winning, they remove all the simulations where that state went the other way. And then the map updates to likely results based on just that subset of data.

While there's still some big "ifs" in their polling, you can remove some of the noise by picking a state or two you think Trump or Biden is going to win.

So if you say FL is going to Trump, it changes their estimates quite a bit in favor of Trump. If you add NC, they then go from 12/100 to 43/100. Add in PA and it jumps to 89/100.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-election-map/
Gigem314
AG
Sasappis said:

Mucho austin said:

maybe im just missing something, buy why wouldnt Trump win all the states he won in 2016?

If they voted for him then, he hasnt done anything to change those voters minds, and he has done more than enough to bring more over to him.

I held my nose and voted for trump in 2016. A little more push the other way and I would have written in Ted Cruz. Now nothing could have stopped me from voting Trump. If anything, those who did write in someone else or vote 3rd party should have been pushed toward trump, not away.

I see this as a win for trump equal to a greater than 2016 plus the popular vote*

*ignoring fraud.
Trump is polarizing if you have not noticed. Even more so than in 2016, mainly because his opponent in 16 was polarizing as well.

There are some in the middle voters that have probably been turned off by Trump's constant schtick. There are some in the middle voters that have probably been turned on to Trump by the constant lying and manipulation from the media/left.

It is a question of percentages on which share is the dominant trend. We will find out soon.
Lots of assumption there.

Trump is a known entity in 2020. Not sure I buy the notion that he's "more polarizing" than 2016. I myself thought he was polarizing in 2016 and voted 3rd party...but am voting Trump this time around and find his personality secondary to the polarizing behavior by the democrats and the media.

Biden is polarizing as well. He doesn't have the enthusiasm of his base. Particularly with youth and minorities. He's embraced polarizing positions like the Green New Deal and court packing. Then of course the big one last week with him coming out against the O&G industry that impacts jobs in many of these battleground states.

Over half the country wanted to the SCOTUS seat filled and the democrats fought to oppose it and are declaring ACB's appointment as immoral. Then of course voters saw the democrats drag the country through impeachment in an election year. You're ignoring a lot of polarizing behavior there.

You're also not acknowledging voters in cities/states impacted heavily by lock-downs and riots that turned them off to their local democrat leadership and are drawn to Trump's 'open it up' and 'law enforcement' positions.

Trump has also added a lot of voters to the rolls these past few years. His ground game is reaching people that hadn't voted in years or never voted before. People can scoff at his rallies, but no President has ever attracted a following like that. At the very least, it shows the Republican base is more motivated than at any point in its history outside of maybe the 1984 Reagan landslide. There are lots of R voters that didn't care enough to support McCain or Romney that would walk through fire to support Trump.
FrioAg 00
AG
Readzilla said:

Trump wins Florida Wisconsin NC and ohio easy. only has to win either Michigan penn or Arizona to win it all. easy win for trump

Unless you're spotting him Nevada, that's not accurate. Fl, Wisc, NC, Ohio, AZ only gets him to 265, no?
Barnyard96
AG
aginresearch said:

If FL goes Trump so will NC. Ohio is probably gone for Biden. That will leave PA, MI, WI. AZ is a wildcard but I think there is something happening in NV and possibly NM. I'm 100% not convinced about MN.
OH for Biden?
The TC Jester
Sasappis said:

Mucho austin said:

*ignoring fraud.
Trump is polarizing if you have not noticed. Even more so than in 2016, mainly because his opponent in 16 was polarizing as well.

Well now his opponent is a corrupt and compromised senile old pervert and bonafide racist...whose running mate has locked up more black men than the 1964 Alabama Highway Patrol.

This ticket SHOULD be far more polarizing than Hillary/Caine, but the media is completely corrupt and all liberals are stupid. F em all.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.