Tarrant County To Copy Rejected Ballots to New Ballots?

5,765 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 2aggiesmom
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

100% accuracy.
What could possibly go wrong?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Ags4DaWin
Reason 1,278 why YOU SHOULD VOTE IN PERSON IF AT ALL POSSIBLE
bmks270
AG
Mail in ballots are a disaster.
TxTarpon
Outside of that.
Are the recopy and file people are 100% honest?
Would putting the "right people" in that position help one or two candidates over another?
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

aginresearch
AG
Quick deploy the lawyers and challenge every single one of these ballots. Discard them all!
crowman2010
AG
TxTarpon said:

100% accuracy.
What could possibly go wrong?
How in the world do they claim that a sticker over the original barcode would distort the image? What a complete joke.
Hogties
AG
Wouldn't it be easier if the election officials just filled out everyone's ballot in the first place?

Cut out the actual citizen voter who is apparently just a middleman.
Waffledynamics
AG
Absolute lunacy. These people are going to steal the election.
schwack schwack
AG
Earl_Rudder
AG
aginresearch said:

Quick deploy the lawyers and challenge every single one of these ballots. Discard them all!
Bah Gawd... that's ACB's music...

TxTarpon
Yep.
While we all go to work during the day.

Did you see that Sled Boy Grabbit is going to deploy the NG after the election and libbies like Julian Castro claimed that was "voter intimidation?"

-BarronVonAwesome

AgBQ-00
AG
How are they documenting the transfer process?

As one of the best poli/techno/thriller movies ever asked..."Who monitors the monitors?"

waitwhat?
One of the most recently conservative counties in the country is going to suddenly turn blue.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
HelloUncleNateFitch
" "This is playing with fire, We're a very closely divided country here, and people have to have confidence in the legitimacy of the government, and people trying to change the rules to this methodology, which as a matter of logic is very open to fraud and coercion, is reckless and dangerous, and people are playing with fire."

-Bill Barr
aggiez03
AG
State Senator (and Aggie) Paul Bettencourt (sp?) said the past few days, that someone ordered the 'wrong' paper to print them on so they won't scan...

I am sure it was an 'honest' mistake...
drthoop
AG
This is scary.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
aginresearch
AG
Interesting tweet from Oct 16

Ellis Wyatt
bmks270 said:

Mail in ballots are a disaster.
Agreed. Mail in ballots certainly present problems that voting in person never presents.

My county also re-creates ballots when necessary. We only do it with other observers present, and we attach the old ballot and re-created ballot to one another after the new ballot has been tabulated. I have faith that we do it correctly because we do it with accountability, but it wouldn't be hard to do otherwise if a county doesn't have a good system with safeguards in place. And integrity. That matters.
schwack schwack
AG
So, the barcode problem is people marking them out?
aginresearch
AG
While I absolutely believe you on how it is done. This time the Republicans should challenge every single ballot that has any imperfection. Gloves have to come off. I know how this will look but it's got to be done.
aggiehawg
AG
That is an interesting tweet. Which group of voters are more concerned about privacy? Conservatives. So a rumor going around FaceBook about the barcodes being used to get one's personal information would affect more of them.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm guessing this Heider Garcia is a democrat? Can't find anything online about his party affiliation. They hired him out of Placer County, Commiefornia.
Get Off My Lawn
What will be really telling is the "protections" they put in place. If party representation from all sides don't get to validate each 'transfer,' then they need to be tossed. If there isn't a blind & random sample, then these need to be tossed. If they don't keep them seperated and statistically evaluated against other mail in ballots, then the entire mail in population needs to be tossed.
drthoop
AG
aginresearch said:

While I absolutely believe you on how it is done. This time the Republicans should challenge every single ballot that has any imperfection. Gloves have to come off. I know how this will look but it's got to be done.
The battle cry should be "Remember the hanging chads".
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Kenneth_2003
AG
Which party primarily supported mail in voting?
Which parties voters rejected that and said we're going in person?
aginresearch
AG
Totally unfortunate if this is case but everyone was told don't mail in your ballots vote in person. They would be casualties in a scorched earth campaign and they did it to themselves.
AgBQ-00
AG
aginresearch said:

Interesting tweet from Oct 16

He says don't believe the rumors that the barcode is used for personal info. Then later he says if you tamper with it and mark it out we won't be able to even contact you to let you know there is a problem with your ballot. Seems contradictory to me.

I'm praying this is not nefarious but I don't trust it right now.
fooz
Here's the crew handling ballot intake.

richardag
This is total bull**** and exposes the absolute failure in Tarrant of mail in ballots.

Vote in person if at all possible. The cheating is going to be extensive nationwide.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Ellis Wyatt
And everyone remember: I've stated over and over that it was impossible for Texas to scale up to receive millions more mail in ballots this election. We haven't been doing it, and you can't just jump to an astronomical number of mail ins. Dealing with them is time consuming, at best.
Strongweasel97
AG
Not that uncommon (although 1/3 of the county is ridiculous), but the counted ballot has to be clearly marked "duplicate," include the original ballot's serial# , and the original is retained.

It's one thing for an election official to change a ballot with no proof of original, an entirely different animal to risk a felony when a serial copy must exist and the duplicate must match all votes, including votes left blank.
MouthBQ98
AG
Ballot laundering opportunity. Every original should be preserved and associated with its "copy".
aggiehawg
AG
fooz said:

Wait, wait, wait! That says you can "Check your ballot status"?? Does that only mean they have received it? Is there a barcode used to do that?

Ellis? You're the expert here, can you explain how the "Check your ballot status" works?
Ellis Wyatt
aggiehawg said:

fooz said:

Wait, wait, wait! That says you can "Check your ballot status"?? Does that only mean they have received it? Is there a barcode used to do that?

Ellis? You're the expert here, can you explain how the "Check your ballot status" works?
I assume Tarrant County is set up to scan a barcode on the outside of the return envelope that tracks the voter's information. They can confirm that it has been received by the county without opening it and actually reading the ballot.

The Ballot Board should be who opens the ballot for the first time on election day. They are opened and verified and run through the scanner that registers the votes before the polls close. The votes are just not tabulated until after the polls close (different computer).
Decay
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

How are they documenting the transfer process?

As one of the best poli/techno/thriller movies ever asked..."Who monitors the monitors?"

I dare anyone to watch that movie now and not fall out of your chair how close they nailed it.

Like, the biggest stretch nowadays is that they were so small and secretive in the movie. Nowadays they do the conspiracies in the damn Oval Office...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.