Germany To Lockdown Beginning Nov. 2nd

5,315 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by titan
HalifaxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GERMANS!!
aggiesed8r
AG
I thought the federal government can only recommend closing down. I thought the states had power in the event of a shutdown.
NASAg03
Germans are locking down the moon?
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Sarge 91
AG
What are the odds that, by this Friday, a coordinated effort from Dems, media and the CDC will recommend a nationwide shelter in place? With Rep have a distinct advantage in election day voting and all.
titan
S
Rapier108 said:

Cassius said:

Rapier108 said:

Current headline from CNN/AP:

"Coronavirus update: Biden would face challenges in quickly combating virus; Europe's numbers soaring"

if he wins, he's going to try a national lockdown, watch.
Without a doubt. Might even just say **** it and go straight to martial law.
It would rate it, because it would rate national rebellion for something so mild in its ultimate impact. It might be best to just find out how the military splits up after all.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
GMaster0
I think the intent is to preserve what business sectors they have open and keep medical facilities from being over run.

I live here and am not happy about it, but understand. Every other week something gets shut down because of a CV outbreak. I have been quarantined for at least two months this year because of travel restrictions.
Irish 2.0
GMaster0 said:

I think the intent is to preserve what business sectors they have open and keep medical facilities from being over run.

I live here and am not happy about it, but understand. Every other week something gets shut down because of a CV outbreak. I have been quarantined for at least two months this year because of travel restrictions.
Someone just exposed their sock....
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
The lockdowns are government attacks against humanity.
Post removed:
by user
PA24
AG
it will be much worst...globalism is what the majority wants per the USA election polls and globalism is what will be served.
Bird Poo
AG
If we lock down again, the airline industry is finished.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I know y'all have mentioned it...

Here's France
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3627595-frances-macron-reimposes-national-lockdown

• France will enter a new national lockdown to begin on Friday and last through Dec. 1. One twist to this lockdown, though, is that primary and secondary schools will remain open.
  • Borders will be closed, and folks will need papers showing sufficient reason to leave the house.
  • President Macron: "Virus is circulating in France at a speed that even the most pessimistic forecast didn't foresee ... The measures we've taken have turned out to be insufficient to counter a wave that's affecting all Europe." Herd immunity, he says, is not an option.
titan
S
Ubitag said:

it will be much worst...globalism is what the majority wants per the USA election polls and globalism is what will be served.
European continent is not one nation but several. In fact, the unifying tendency has reversed with Brexit.

That example might be borne in mind.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
NASAg03
Kenneth_2003 said:

... The measures we've taken have turned out to be insufficient to counter a wave that's affecting all Europe." Herd immunity, he says, is not an option.

What we tried isn't working and the global economy and emotional wellbeing is tanked, but let's do the same thing, only harder.

That's liberal thinking for you.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
TexasAggie008
AG
There can't legally BE a "nationwide lockdown" in the US, correct?

At most - Biden could restrict fed buildings/land/travel infrastructure....but asking the gov's to do it (won't happen in red states) is all he can do beyond that.

if i'm wrong there- post the link explaining how a national lockdown can legally happen.

this article was more focused on why trump can't/won't do it, but still..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-lockdown-quarantine-president-powers/
titan
S
NASAg03 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

... The measures we've taken have turned out to be insufficient to counter a wave that's affecting all Europe." Herd immunity, he says, is not an option.

What we tried isn't working and the global economy and emotional wellbeing is tanked, but let's do the same thing, only harder.

That's liberal thinking for you.
There's another, more drastic option: write off the losses. Treat it like a war. It just must be outlasted.
FrioAg 00:
NASAg03
Denver CO just announced all businesses must drop to 25%, bars are closed. And with cold weather hitting, that's going to kill off many more businesses.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
YouBet
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Seems like yesterday when liberals were using Europe as their shining example of how to beat covid
They wanted people to buy into the collective. That is... If Germany and France are shutting down, the only responsible thing is for the US to shutdown.

If Biden wins, we follow. If Trump wins, we do NOT.

This is like currency manipulation, but it is on an economic scale.

If everyone dilutes their currency, nobody loses, but if only a few countries do, then they get hammered. So, the Globalists want everyone to shutdown equally. If we don't shutdown, American Corporations will be stronger and better.

That is what China is betting on. If they are the only ones working, then we all have to buy their crap.
Yep, see college football for an American example: Big10 / PAC12 = Germany / France.
coconutED
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

post the link explaining how a national lockdown can legally happen.
We are way beyond legalities. Bottom line is they can do whatever they want unless somebody stops them (physically; court orders aren't enough anymore either).
YouBet
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Here's France
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3627595-frances-macron-reimposes-national-lockdown

• France will enter a new national lockdown to begin on Friday and last through Dec. 1. One twist to this lockdown, though, is that primary and secondary schools will remain open.
  • Borders will be closed, and folks will need papers showing sufficient reason to leave the house.
  • President Macron: "Virus is circulating in France at a speed that even the most pessimistic forecast didn't foresee ... The measures we've taken have turned out to be insufficient to counter a wave that's affecting all Europe." Herd immunity, he says, is not an option.

Why????

They at least have no reason not to round up the Islamic terrorists while they are doing this. Should make that easier.
titan
S
coconutED said:

TexasAggie008 said:

post the link explaining how a national lockdown can legally happen.
We are way beyond legalities. Bottom line is they can do whatever they want unless somebody stops them (physically; court orders aren't enough anymore either).
Its the flip side of the whole MI affair. Tyranny begets response. Wonder if they are teaching about the Sons of Liberty accurately anymore?
FrioAg 00:
Tramp96
Edit: already posted
DeSantis 2024
SLAM
Kenneth_2003 said:

Here's France

Ah I see that France is using the British method of licensing.
SLAM
YouBet said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Here's France

Why????

They at least have no reason not to round up the Islamic terrorists while they are doing this. Should make that easier.

In fairness to him, herd immunity will never happen. It's like the flu in that it mutates fast and different strains are consistently created. This is the norm for corona viruses I believe. Of course, this also means a vaccine will prove to be about as effective as a flu vaccine, which is to say that it's only around 40% effective and often increases susceptibility to other strains.

We're just going to have to learn to deal with this disease like we do with the flu. We don't have any real options beyond doing that because unlike in the past most people cannot just grow their own food. Very different world than 1919.
beerad12man
AG
That's not really true. Coronaviruses don't mutate as much as the flu on average. The main attacking protein stays generally the same. Yes, there are different strands, but general immunity can last with many.

We are 10+ months into this, and have only a handful of confirmed re-infections. More importantly, minimal to no confirmed multiple hospitalizations patients. So even if you get it a second time, if you lived once, you almost assuredly live again. Sweden wouldn't be where they are if herd immunity wasn't a thing. At the very least, increased immunity within the community that allows to return to somewhat normal and keep hospitalizations down, even if you never 100% eradicate it.
YouBet
AG
SLAM said:

YouBet said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Here's France

Why????

In fairness to him, herd immunity will never happen. It's like the flu in that it mutates fast and different strains are consistently created. This is the norm for corona viruses I believe. Of course, this also means a vaccine will prove to be about as effective as a flu vaccine, which is to say that it's only around 40% effective and often increases susceptibility to other strains.

We're just going to have to learn to deal with this disease like we do with the flu. We don't have any real options beyond doing that because unlike in the past most people cannot just grow their own food. Very different world than 1919.
True to a degree, so lock-downs are all the more pointless. Instead of just dealing with sick people from COVID you are now dealing with economic catastrophe, degraded culture and society, massive mental health issues, and unintended sickness and death from other physical ailments that would not have happened if they kept things open.

Really do wonder if he's using this as a reason to lock down the border so they can fix their Muslim problem.
annie88
AG
These people are idiots.

Pure idiots.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Haven't they already had huge protests about the lockdowns?
Cassius
I think the sp 500 goes below 3000 easy. Might fall below what it was at the beginning of this thing. Lots more people on the soup line.

The reaction to this nothingburger is psychotic.
ChemEAg08
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Here's France

coconutED
AG
annie88 said:

These people are idiots.

Pure idiots.
No, they are not. They know exactly what they're doing.
Cowboy bob
PearlJammin said:

If we lock down again, the airline industry is finished.

Biden doesn't care. It makes it easier for the commies to nationalize the industry.
The Collective
AG
Are dems for shutting down America or not? I've heard both.
Punked Shank
AG
I Have Spoken said:

You'll have to vote for them to find out!!

Cmon Man!!
titan
S
I Have Spoken said:

Look at their governors for a preview...
FrioAg 00:
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.