Voted for Jo Jorgensen and every other libertarian I could

12,476 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dBoy99
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Libertarians. Losers. Same thing.
John The Savage
RDV-1992 said:

Happy with my selections. Go Jo!

Isn't ideological purism great.
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
Stumpknocker
John The Savage said:

RDV-1992 said:

Isn't ideological purism great.
Ideological exhibitionism is more like it.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Why do Libertarians waste their time on the Presidential election? Wouldn't it be better to focus on a few winnable congressional races, etc?
eric76
AG
Gigem314 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

Jorgensen voters were never going to vote for Trump anyway. So anything that takes away from Biden is a positive.
I told my sister that I was cancelling out her vote for Trump by voting for Jorgensen.

She didn't seem to mind.
Probably because she figured you'd never vote Trump but is glad Biden gets one less vote.

I have family that did the same. They didn't vote for Trump in 2016 either.

But I've gone from 3rd party to Trump. And hear from more that have done the same than sticking with 3rd party.
Biden never would have had a chance of getting my vote, Libertarians or not. I would have found someone else or just skipped the Presidential election on the ballot entirely.
DCAggie13y
AG
SociallyConditionedAg said:

Why do Libertarians waste their time on the Presidential election? Wouldn't it be better to focus on a few winnable congressional races, etc?

We waste our time on nearly all Federal elections. We have exactly one member of Congress who was elected as a Republican and will probably lose now that he switched to the Libertarian party. Great success!!!!
tsuag10
AG
Cosplay Libertarians
“Progressivism is the b@stard child of Marxism.” — Mark Levin

“Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts…” — CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

eric76
AG
It is quite disturbing to see how many of you posters here think that voting for the candidate of your choice is a wasted vote.

If you really think that way, then are you voting for whoever is ahead in the polls so that you can be on the winning team?
Hullabaloonatic
You did it! You united Republicans and Democrats! Liberals and Conservatives agree that voting 3rd party is a waste of your vote.
eric76
AG
Hullabaloonatic said:

You did it! You united Republicans and Democrats! Liberals and Conservatives agree that voting 3rd party is a waste of your vote.
Maybe because the snowflakes think that their candidate is entitled to that vote?
30wedge
Save the gas. Did any of you write in Gary Johnson?
Gigem314
AG
eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

Jorgensen voters were never going to vote for Trump anyway. So anything that takes away from Biden is a positive.
I told my sister that I was cancelling out her vote for Trump by voting for Jorgensen.

She didn't seem to mind.
Probably because she figured you'd never vote Trump but is glad Biden gets one less vote.

But I've gone from 3rd party to Trump. And hear from more that have done the same than sticking with 3rd party.
Biden never would have had a chance of getting my vote, Libertarians or not. I would have found someone else or just skipped the Presidential election on the ballot entirely.
You basically did skip. Which is fine, because it's one less vote for Biden.
wyoag93
AG
Libertarians...the only Americans dumber than Liberals.
StoneCold99
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Look at me!
jac4
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Sir, this is Wendy's.
Ag4coal
Jonis radically pro-choice and open borders. That's a no for me dawg.
Viper16
AG
eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

She didn't seem to mind.

Just curious........

What are you looking for in a candidate?

What is your position on border security, the economy, the current type of energy production, income tax structure to include state and local taxes, job production, foreign policy, 1st amendment protection, 2nd amendment protection, sedition committed by the highest levels of the FBI, CIA and the former Executive branch, basic rule of law........just for starters.

I truly would like to know why individuals vote Libertarian.

JMHO....no Diss intended
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Outdoorag011
Geez. A lot of triggered people....
SLAM
"You're still a Nazi." - the left
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Dumb
1997Aggie
AG
Nice. Way to absolutely sh** on your meaningless vote.
Science Denier
AG
There are a lot of dumbasses out there.

I am proven right every day.
Old Sarge
AG
Nation-Ag09 said:

Wasted votes are fun
/ Ross Perot
Green is the new RED.
RDV-1992
Hullabaloonatic said:

I've said it dozens of times in this forum - if you want me to vote for your party, either dem or rep, you need to make it better.
TXAG 05
AG
RDV-1992 said:

Hullabaloonatic said:

I've said it dozens of times in this forum - if you want me to vote for your party, either dem or rep, you need to make it better.

So you vote for the worst choice available?
RDV-1992
Of the 3, I think that Biden would be the worst choice available.
TheMasterplan
Not going to hate you for it.

I voted GJ in 2016.

Conservatives are more likely to leave me alone in business and in personal life. Biden and democrats will no doubt be way more expansionist than Trump. I hear democrats complain about a "hamstrung" executive branch and bureaucrat. This is a good thing.
TheMasterplan
Thomas Massie and Rand Paul work within the Republican party and are libertarians.

Both seem to have a decent relationship with Trump and will vote when it matters. They stand for principle when it matters as well.
TheMasterplan
RDV-1992 said:

Of the 3, I think that Biden would be the worst choice available.
Better than the greens!

mjschiller
AG
Your vote just went to the communist democratic party candidate, Biden. Way to vote with your head where the sun does not shine.
Not a Bot
AG
Duckslayer15 said:

Remember the verse in the Bible about a lukewarm Christian. That's what I feel like you are. Lukewarm. I'd rather you vote for Biden then 3rd party. What a waste

I would argue this is a commonly misinterpreted passage. The Americanized interpretation of this passage is that hot is good and cold is bad. That isn't the case.

Laodicea was situated in the Lycus river valley, between Colossae and Heirapolis. Those two other cities were known for their quality water (cold springs and hot springs, respectively). Laodicea was known for a few things: They were wealthy, rich in minerals used for eye salves, had a thriving wool industry, and disgusting water. That passage basically goes line for line pointing out how the church has so much pride in themselves but were failing to see the big picture...you have all this stuff and all this pride, but where is Christ? You sell an eye salve and wool but you are blind and naked. Your water (metaphor for spiritual life of the church) is not warm and soothing nor is it cool and refreshing. It is nasty.

(Sorry to interrupt the politics discussion)
BigRobSA
Hullabaloonatic said:

Neither the Rs, nor the Ds are conservative, so...who is this mystery bloc of voters you are talking about?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
eric76
AG
Viper16 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

She didn't seem to mind.

Just curious........

What is your position on border security, the economy, the current type of energy production, income tax structure to include state and local taxes, job production, foreign policy, 1st amendment protection, 2nd amendment protection, sedition committed by the highest levels of the FBI, CIA and the former Executive branch, basic rule of law........just for starters.

JMHO....no Diss intended
I want someone who has either solid classical liberal or solid conservative principles and who acts according to those principles.

Biden's principles appear to be rather minimal and are neither classical liberal nor conservative principles. Although Biden seems to be closer to the center in many ways, I don't believe that he is strong enough to hold his position against those much further to the left.

Trump not only has no principles, but he seems to take intentional ignorance of principles as a virtue.

By the way, the current issue of National Review has this at https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/11/02/trump-no/

Quote:

All presidents have lapses in judgment, honesty, and self-control; many of them have even been wanting, at least sometimes, in decency and public-spiritedness. Trump is alarmingly deficient in all of these qualities at once, and their lack has marked every day of his presidency.

You don't have to believe any anonymous sources in the news to see it. You need only watch the president and listen to him. On any given day, he will be calling a former member of his administration a "moron," or taking shots at one of its current members. Or live-tweeting his feelings about the cable-news shows he is watching. Or casually endorsing some nutty and slanderous theory, as when he suggested that top military leaders "want to do nothing but fight wars" to profit defense companies. Or confusing allies and opponents alike with some half-baked idea.

Also, in the summary of the article as to voting for a third party candidate:
Quote:

The voter who decides that neither Biden nor Trump deserves his support will be accused of irresponsibility, of escapism, of indulging a sense of moral purity, of wasting a vote. There is, on this view, an obligation to pick among the top two candidates. It is worth resisting this supposed imperative. If a vote that does not determine the outcome of an election is wasted, then every vote is wasted and wasted all the more if it is cast for someone the voter does not want to be president. The Biden supporters and the Trump supporters who tell you "it's a binary choice" want you to vote as though the election result were wholly in your hands. And if that scenario were not contrived enough, they implicitly add that at the same time you don't have the power to elevate a write-in candidate. You must imagine both that your power is counterfactually absolute and that you cannot choose options that are plainly before you (writing someone in, voting third party, etc.).

... The truth is that neither of these candidates is worthy of the public's trust. So don't vote for either one of them, and don't let anyone tell you that you have to.
Conservative Ag
eric76 said:

Viper16 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

eric76 said:

Gigem314 said:

She didn't seem to mind.

Just curious........

JMHO....no Diss intended
I want someone who has either solid classical liberal or solid conservative principles and who acts according to those principles.

Biden's principles appear to be rather minimal and are neither classical liberal nor conservative principles. Although Biden seems to be closer to the center in many ways, I don't believe that he is strong enough to hold his position against those much further to the left.

Trump not only has no principles, but he seems to take intentional ignorance of principles as a virtue.

By the way, the current issue of National Review has this at https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2020/11/02/trump-no/

Quote:

All presidents have lapses in judgment, honesty, and self-control; many of them have even been wanting, at least sometimes, in decency and public-spiritedness. Trump is alarmingly deficient in all of these qualities at once, and their lack has marked every day of his presidency.

You don't have to believe any anonymous sources in the news to see it. You need only watch the president and listen to him. On any given day, he will be calling a former member of his administration a "moron," or taking shots at one of its current members. Or live-tweeting his feelings about the cable-news shows he is watching. Or casually endorsing some nutty and slanderous theory, as when he suggested that top military leaders "want to do nothing but fight wars" to profit defense companies. Or confusing allies and opponents alike with some half-baked idea.

Also, in the summary of the article as to voting for a third party candidate:
Quote:

The voter who decides that neither Biden nor Trump deserves his support will be accused of irresponsibility, of escapism, of indulging a sense of moral purity, of wasting a vote. There is, on this view, an obligation to pick among the top two candidates. It is worth resisting this supposed imperative. If a vote that does not determine the outcome of an election is wasted, then every vote is wasted and wasted all the more if it is cast for someone the voter does not want to be president. The Biden supporters and the Trump supporters who tell you "it's a binary choice" want you to vote as though the election result were wholly in your hands. And if that scenario were not contrived enough, they implicitly add that at the same time you don't have the power to elevate a write-in candidate. You must imagine both that your power is counterfactually absolute and that you cannot choose options that are plainly before you (writing someone in, voting third party, etc.).

... The truth is that neither of these candidates is worthy of the public's trust. So don't vote for either one of them, and don't let anyone tell you that you have to.

You are incredibly exhausting.
YouBet
AG
RDV-1992 said:

We will add you to the dumbass list. Thanks for letting us know!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.