The confidence on both sides is wild

18,128 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by singapore_sling
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like Russia Russia plan, they gotta stick with the narrative until they can't. Shock an awe coming November 3.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
PJYoung
AG
Cheetah01 said:

It's up to you if you want to believe the polls. I do not. I know there are Shy Trump voters, as I have friends and family who fall in the category.

I 100% understand people not wanting to admit they back Trump in public (doesn't really jive with the massive boat and truck parades but whatever).

I 100% do not understand how this would translate into not wanting to tell a pollster you are voting for Trump.

Polls have never ever been as wrong as they would have to be for Trump to win this one.
BullSprig07
AG
Seen a few more Trump signs pop-up this week just outside the Heights in Timbergrove, still outnumbered by Biden signs though. There are however quite a few yards that don't have a Presidential sign, but do have a Crenshaw sign. Also noticed quite a few houses like mine that only have an American flag. Deduce what you will from that.
amercer
AG
There are also some shy Biden voters out there. The bubble effect goes both ways in a country this polarized.
aggiehawg
AG
PJYoung said:

Cheetah01 said:

It's up to you if you want to believe the polls. I do not. I know there are Shy Trump voters, as I have friends and family who fall in the category.

I 100% understand people not wanting to admit they back Trump in public (doesn't really jive with the massive boat and truck parades but whatever).

I 100% do not understand how this would translate into not wanting to tell a pollster you are voting for Trump.

Polls have never ever been as wrong as they would have to be for Trump to win this one.

Oh really?
AlexNguyen
dBoy99 said:

Cue the white liberals are terrible meme. I don't get it. Trump has been great for people with enough assets to invest in the stock market and in real estate. Prime example of self-destructive decision-making.
Rapier108
amercer said:

There are also some shy Biden voters out there. The bubble effect goes both ways in a country this polarized.
Oh please. Biden voters have nothing to fear about making it public how they vote.

Trump voters risk vandalism of their homes/cars, being assaulted, or worse by people on your side of the political aisle.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRADUCTOR
amercer said:

Shy peoples wearing ***** hats does not compute.
aginlakeway
AG
PJYoung said:

Cheetah01 said:

If the polls get this one wrong again, polling may be a thing of the past ...
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
John The Savage
The problem is the state polls weren't "wildly wrong" last time. Almost all the states were within the margin of error.
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
John The Savage
amercer said:

No it doesn't. Show me one kid who has been kicked out of class for saying they want to vote for Biden or one adult who has been called a racist.
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
PJYoung
AG
John The Savage said:

The problem is the state polls weren't "wildly wrong" last time. Almost all the states were within the margin of error.

This is what so many people are ignoring.

The Trump victory last time was understandable from a polling perspective. He had to have everything go just right and it did. Almost all of the close states flipped to him. It was crazy unlikely but it happened. The overall popular vote was close to what was forecast.

This time the #s aren't nearly as close.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
AlexNguyen said:

dBoy99 said:

Cue the white liberals are terrible meme. I don't get it. Trump has been great for people with enough assets to invest in the stock market and in real estate. Prime example of self-destructive decision-making.
Jeez, people really do have demo-goggles on. Just read his words:

PLUMMET
CATASTROPHIC

versus

modest
may save

Goebbels would be proud.
beerad12man
AG
AlexNguyen said:

dBoy99 said:

Unfortunately, there's some truth in it.

In the last 4 years, my entire neighborhood has moved in. We just bought a year ago. Our neighbors across the street, 2 and 3 years ago.

Every single one of them hate Trump. Nevermind the fct that all of them prospered under him. All of them were able to buy new vehicles, a new home, and be in the best place of their lifetime in a great neighborhood. He never did anything policy wise that would ever hurt any of us. But they hate him. They buy into the msm hatred. They think Covid is all his fault, and will vote D. Of course, they are from new jersey, oregon, etc. So that explains a lot of it. Just old voting habits.

I'm still holding out hope that the vast majority of people Dave is referring to just don't talk about it, and that there is a lot closet trumpers like myself who never poll, never talk about it.

Rs out register Ds by 975k in Texas. So I don't think it's as close as some are painting. 5 days will tell the tale.
beerad12man
AG
amercer said:

Nah, not really. At the least, the number doesn't even compare to shy Trump voters.

Biden voters are all damn vocal about it. The vast majority of people(and by vast majority, I mean every single one of them I've encountered) who are quiet about politics, when I get 1 on 1, I find out pretty quickly they are voting Trump. I haven't been surprised by a quiet Biden voter yet.
beerad12man
AG
PJYoung said:

Cheetah01 said:

I have never said it to any pollster. Every trump voter I know has said the same thing. We don't respond. Many have lied and said Democrat just to f*** with them. The dems f*** with republicans all the time. Why not?

Is this as common as it is in my circle? I have no idea. I'm banking/hoping on it. Otherwise it will be Biden in a landslide. But I have anecdotal evidence going directly against what you are saying here.
vette
AG
amercer said:

I have also wondered about this. It would make sense to me to be shy about voting for a corrupt, dementia-riddled, candidate.
Readzilla
AG
to all the people pointing to the heights Biden signs as a way of showing it doesn't look good for texas or that trump will barely win texas... in 2016 all the zip codes in the heights were Clinton by 30-40 points. Definitely not a good metric to go by. On my way to get my haircut the other day in river oaks which is surrounded by very pro Clinton in 2016 areas. I saw 2 trump signs and like 5 hunt signs.
beerad12man
AG
I myself have yet to meet a closet Biden supporter, though. I have found many closet Trump guys. Again, this may just be my circle. This may just be anecdotal. But all I can do is give my experiences.

Remember, anyone voting Biden doesn't think he's a dementia ridden, senile, corrupt politician. I see minimal to no reason to be a shy Biden voter when it's seen as the compassionate/cool thing nowadays in comparison to the hatred you get from others for voting Trump.
mslags97
AG
My wife keeps telling me we live in West Texas where there are no Biden supporters, and she is correct. However, I have family and friends all over the country, and they all say the same thing, they only see Trump support in droves. Including an Uncle in West Palm, Florida. He is as conservative as can be. Won't even get on a plane because he is pissed about mask requirements. He said he normally always doubts Republicans winning in Fla, but he is 100% certain Trump will win Florida with ease. He said the Hispanic/Cuban population is loud and proud in support of Trump. Said he actually thinks the Jewish population is full of closet Trump support because of the Israel support and the Middle East peace treaties.
amercer
AG
So regardless of where you live in Texas 30-50% of you neighbors are going to vote for Biden. How many of them have told you so?
beerad12man
AG
I didn't say 30-50%. Only the vocal ones. The vast majority of my neighbors are quiet and keep to themselves more. I have a strong feeling these are more the Trump types based on my experiences with them. Nothing more, nothing less. It's all anecdotal. What more do you need?
AgBQ-00
AG
PJYoung said:

Cheetah01 said:

People don't view pollsters as trustworthy. They don't have belief that it is truly anonymous. Add on top of that they are viewed as propagandists and what better way to eff with them than to give them bad data. I know we used to screw with telemarketers when they called. Many people view pollsters as nothing more than telemarketers. If they are going to waste my time, well I might as well waste theirs.
Ryan34
AG
PJYoung said:

Cheetah01 said:

This is what concerns me. As much as this board loves conspiracy theories, I don't buy the "polls are intentionally wrong" stuff.

But I also have a really hard time buying the numbers being thrown out there. They don't align with the reported voting numbers, and they are really hard to justify on paper too. 7.5 would be a bigger margin than Obama in 2008, and much bigger than 2012. I don't see how that is reasonable given the 2016 results and 2020 voting numbers being reported right now.

I don't buy the Trump landslide stuff either. I think it's razor close. I'd put Trump as the favorite since I believe he will win Ohio and Florida, but I guess we will see.
PJYoung
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
PJYoung said:

That is their hope and their plan
Rapier108
PJYoung said:

From the guy who claims to be "non-partisan" with his polling.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
dermdoc
AG
amercer said:

So regardless of where you live in Texas 30-50% of you neighbors are going to vote for Biden. How many of them have told you so?
Not if you live anywhere besides Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and El Paso.

I like in the woods between CS and Snook. No way 30-50% of my neighbors are Biden voters.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigem314
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

PJYoung said:

That is their hope and their plan
"millions" of mail-in ballots. Ha. From the same people that put their hope in Mueller and the Russia nonsense.
Fireman
AG
It all comes down to facts and feelings. Our liberal friends feel the polls are accurate and as a result they feel Biden is going win in a landslide. I think this will be a good lesson for them because when the facts are revealed they will be feeling sad again.

Cue the crazy eyed libertard woman with the glasses gif.
gigemJTH12
AG
End Of Message
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Wrong.
FbgTxAg
AG
Liberal media has one strategy - double down. And keep doubling down. Come up with a false narrative and double down. Keep doubling down.

Then in the end it all falls apart. Just like RUSSIA!!!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Rush was theorizing today that a large contingent of the early votes across the country are actually Trump voters who are back lashing against the last 4 years of dem/media BS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.