Florida Early Voting

149,222 Views | 1283 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Maacus
TacosaurusRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This account looks like a good follow today.

"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Prosperdick
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wg9gjwErFjhMb-IlbnuA5c50rPKtqYXaUGm-iTJMr-E/edit#gid=63049609

R's have cast 179,470 more ballots than Dems.
The dems have 20,000 more outstanding votes, if that is it and more republicans vote in person this race is done. The key is the republicans have to vote at a similar rate as they have been doing all day.
They're not....they will be voting at a HIGHER clip.
Not a Bot
AG
nm
P.U.T.U
AG
Prosperdick said:

P.U.T.U said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wg9gjwErFjhMb-IlbnuA5c50rPKtqYXaUGm-iTJMr-E/edit#gid=63049609

R's have cast 179,470 more ballots than Dems.
The dems have 20,000 more outstanding votes, if that is it and more republicans vote in person this race is done. The key is the republicans have to vote at a similar rate as they have been doing all day.
They're not....they will be voting at a HIGHER clip.
On a normal year, I still think they outpace the dems with the after work vote. If so game over. A lot of early votes but dems had more with the republicans clearing house this year on election day.
Just an Ag
AG
will25u said:

I tell ya, this little Asian kid has been doing one heck of a good job!!
Faustus
Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

"Listen, I'm not going to get into these Florida early voting numbers at all, because there's really no point. But here's a slight trend in one county I found that might make a tiny difference in the projected totals if it continues to grow!"
Sounds like he paused his FIFA soccer video game to giddily post some positive news. What a joke that moron is and libs should be ashamed they deified him like they did lord fauci but libs never feel shame, it's part of their nature.
I will be a little bit ashamed if POTUS is re-elected (but only as it reflects on us as a country to the world - there's no one who would personally call me to account), but he will still be our POTUS and life will go on.

Also I don't recall deifying Silver or Lord Fauci, much less feel the need to be ashamed for some third party's work. If anyone needs to be ashamed about Fauci it's POTUS, since he's the one that put him on the White House Corona Virus task force and let him preside as its unofficial spokesman to date. But if anyone doesn't feel shame as part of their nature, well, ahem.
The Debt
They are good with numbers.
will25u
LostInLA07
AG
Florida's a slam dunk. Trump won't even need the late panhandle votes.

I want some data on Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and Arizona.
Keegan99
AG
JDUB08AG
AG
198K now!
Not a Bot
AG
Florida not in the bag yet. Independent voters are huge here.

Based on current numbers:

Hypothetical (just one out of a gazillion scenarios):
Indies (2,484,588) split evenly.
Trump flips 2% of registered Dems.
Biden flips 4.1% of registered GOP (yes, I know ).

Result:
Trump 5,273,334
Biden 5,273,044\
Virtual tie.

A lot of polls going toward a Biden win in Florida are doing so because they think he has a good chunk of the independent voters. If that happens then he could still win FL even with GOP surge.

Hypothetical:
Biden wins 55% of independent vote.
Other voters all stay with their registered party for the most part (unrealistic, but that seems to be the assumption of a LOT of these twitter posts).

Result:
Biden 5,302,722
Trump 5,243,655

Need to get that lead BIGGER!
Oruc Reis
AG
It seems like 175k vote lead is irrelevant with a couple million NPA's hanging out there? What am I missing?
will25u
Oruc Reis said:

It seems like 175k vote lead is irrelevant with a couple million NPA's hanging out there? What am I missing?
They broke for DJT in 2016. Doubt it changes much this time.
Prosperdick
AG
Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

"Listen, I'm not going to get into these Florida early voting numbers at all, because there's really no point. But here's a slight trend in one county I found that might make a tiny difference in the projected totals if it continues to grow!"
Sounds like he paused his FIFA soccer video game to giddily post some positive news. What a joke that moron is and libs should be ashamed they deified him like they did lord fauci but libs never feel shame, it's part of their nature.
I will be a little bit ashamed if POTUS is re-elected (but only as it reflects on us as a country to the world - there's no one who would personally call me to account), but he will still be our POTUS and life will go on.

Also I don't recall deifying Silver or Lord Fauci, much less feel the need to be ashamed for some third party's work. If anyone needs to be ashamed about Fauci it's POTUS, since he's the one that put him on the White House Corona Virus task force and let him preside as its unofficial spokesman to date. But if anyone doesn't feel shame as part of their nature, well, ahem.
For someone who doesn't feel shame....5 edit posts!
will25u
Not a Bot
AG
Oruc Reis said:

That's what my scenarios are getting at. If Biden wins 55% of the current NPA and no one jumps ships from other parties in any significant way he GAINS almost 250k votes on Trump.
The Debt
You assume NPAs are moderates. If the Trump GOTV effort is bussing these NPA to polling stations, they have the hard numbers of how many votes they have.
JDUB08AG
AG
If they were +4 in 2016, you are talking about a 14 point swing going to -10 in 2020...thats a monumental shift and highly unlikely.
Prosperdick
AG
Keegan99 said:

Oh Polk, you magnificent sandbagging ba$tards!!!
Mostly Foggy Recollection
The panhandle alone is going to push this into the 230ish area. That doesn't include the limp dick part of Florida and the 2 more hours there.
Prosperdick
AG

ETA - It's now 170,000.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

I will be a little bit ashamed if POTUS is re-elected (but only as it reflects on us as a country to the world.

Such a Beta.
Faustus
Prosperdick said:

Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

Sometimes I get upwards of 10 edits on a post. I shoot from the hip and then worry at 'em.

I should have gone with

"POTUS put this guy on his task force and let him be its spokesman through today, and you;re going to hang the shame of that on me?"

Much more pithy.
akm91
AG
Quote:

Hypothetical:
Biden wins 55% of independent vote.
Other voters all stay with their registered party for the most part (unrealistic, but that seems to be the assumption of a LOT of these twitter posts).
That would be a 14 point swing from 2016? No way.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Oruc Reis
AG
trying to find the 2016 data, link?
Keegan99
AG
Faustus
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

I will be a little bit ashamed if POTUS is re-elected (but only as it reflects on us as a country to the world.

Such a Beta.
Doh! Wait, am I supposed to be able to feel shame or not?

I think the lesson here is that I'm supposed to feel shame for Silver and Lord Fauci, and not POTUS.
AgBQ-00
AG
The unaffiliated voters are not going to break that way. Definitely not with the showing of enthusiasm over the last several months. Best bet for Ds is they break even with them. But I think they will break 4-6 points towards Rs. Just a gut feeling on that though
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
txags92
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Oruc Reis said:

That's what my scenarios are getting at. If Biden wins 55% of the current NPA and no one jumps ships from other parties in any significant way he GAINS almost 250k votes on Trump.
So in an election where the GOP turnout is overperforming and the Dem turnout is underperforming, and where the GOP had a massive move in newly registered voters, you think the independents that went +4% for Trump last time are going to go higher than that for Biden this time? After all the evidence of a huge enthusiasm gap towards Trump, that is the message you take from all of that?
aginresearch
AG
And they probably do. Trump campaign seems awfully happy with Florida. Biden campaign is talking about alternate paths without Florida. It's true the Democrats can win without Florida but it becomes harder and Florida is a bell weather state for other demographic groups throughout the battleground states.
Prosperdick
AG
Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

Faustus said:

Prosperdick said:

DTP02 said:

Hood said:

GUYS! TAP TEH BRAKES!

Sometimes I get upwards of 10 edits on a post. I shoot from the hip and then worry at 'em.

I should have gone with

"POTUS put this guy on his task force and let him be its spokesman through today, and your going to hang the shame of that on me?"

Much more pithy.
Fauci has essentially been in that role since the Reagan administration...can you imagine the howling of the media if he wasn't placed on the task force. Trump didn't have any choice and for better or worse listened to his recommendations. It's what Biden, who you voted for, would have done too.
agforlife97
AG
aginresearch said:

And they probably do. Trump campaign seems awfully happy with Florida. Biden campaign is talking about alternate paths without Florida. It's true the Democrats can win without Florida but it becomes harder and Florida is a bell weather state for other demographic groups throughout the battleground states.
Exactly. I remember watching the returns in 2016, and the returns in FL were the first sign of trouble for Hillary. Trump appeals to people in FL for the same exact reason he appeals to them in PA especially.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Watch Marion county for a good representation of the rust belt states.
The Debt
aginresearch said:

If Florida gets called before the polls close, does anyone actually think Florida is some sort of bubble? Some one-off?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.