Florida Early Voting

149,210 Views | 1283 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Maacus
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
+5,500 last 60 minutes. Good pace
StoneCold99
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Who is this guy and what credibility does he have?
Go through his twitter. he's a GOP homer and everything he posts is skewed. If you really think the GOP has Florida wrapped up by 800k, don't you think others would be on the same numbers? The truth is no one knows what election day turnout will be.
No, I honestly don't think other pollsters would be on facts and actual numbers.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Go through his twitter. he's a GOP homer and everything he posts is skewed. If you really think the GOP has Florida wrapped up by 800k, don't you think others would be on the same numbers? The truth is no one knows what election day turnout will be.
No, I honestly don't think other pollsters would be on facts and actual numbers.

Well he was part of Trumps internal polling team in 2016 so I'd say yeah, he has a right bias.
astros4545
AG
+4,900 last 60 minutes for GOP
akm91
AG
Down to below D+190K now.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
StoneCold99
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Well he was part of Trumps internal polling team in 2016 so I'd say yeah, he has a right bias.
Oh I have no doubt he leans right and is a GOP homer. But most of his tweets are literally reporting voting numbers. I was answering the question of 'don't you think others would be on the same numbers?'
Gyles Marrett

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

He's literally just sharing data anyone of us could look up....Fine to say he supports Trump but if you want to dismiss it you'd be better off explaining why he's wrong.....but I know that's hard to do when he's just quoting numbers because it's hard to argue with factual numbers. Much easier just to dismiss and scream bias.
Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

He's literally just sharing data anyone of us could look up....Fine to say he supports Trump but if you want to dismiss it you'd be better off explaining why he's wrong.....but I know that's hard to do when he's just quoting numbers because it's hard to argue with factual numbers. Much easier just to dismiss and scream bias.

Didn't say he was wrong, just responding to HoustonAggie
aggiehawg
AG
Check out the map and hover over Miami/Dade and Palm Beach counties.

https://joeisdone.github.io/florida/
astros4545
AG
aggiehawg said:

Both of those counties lean GOP by In person voting...Good sign for election day with knowledge that Mail in is heavy DEM
aTm2004
AG

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

And probably a pretty good idea on how to get and interpret the info.
aTm2004 said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

And probably a pretty good idea on how to get and interpret the info.

Agreed
Secolobo
AG
Just talked to a buddy from Tampa. He said Raymond James Stadium looks like the Super Bowl.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

So this is only in person? No count yet on mail in?

Looks like Broward county is going to have to have 200% of registered voters this year
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Prosperdick
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

aggiehawg said:

Looks like Broward county is going to have to have 200% of registered voters this year
It's Coward county...
HoustonAggie37713
Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Wrong. He's giving commentary that may or may not be true. Which may or may not be based on good political science. He's putting a slant on data.
Cepe
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Wrong. He's giving commentary that may or may not be true. Which may or may not be based on good political science. He's putting a slant on data.
And so what? It's numbers being pulled from open sites and compared to 2016. Do you think everybody is betting their mortgage with his analysis? It's interesting to see and everybody on here knows it could be absolutely wrong on ED, but its still interesting to follow and see how close or not he is.

Again, so what?
Prosperdick
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Of course he's going to give his opinion, otherwise he could just provide a link to the raw data. He's up front with his methodology which is traditional, R's vote R and D's vote D. This year will likely be a bit different but it could end up being the same (D's voting R cancel out all the R's voting D).

He was one of the VERY few who nailed 2016 so he has that going for him. He also nailed 4 of the 5 most contested Senate seats in 2018 and missed the 5th by half a point. Yes, he missed badly on the House and he openly admits it, unlike MANY pollsters who act like they've never been wrong. Since 2016 he has a better track record overall than almost all of the other pollsters and he does NOT use polling data, mostly registration numbers and how they correlate to previous elections.

Does that make sense or is he just a GOP hack? Your answer will say a lot more about you than it does him.
akm91
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

aggiehawg said:

There are buttons at the bottom left that allows you to filter by EV-In Person, EV-Mail Only or EV-All
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Gyles Marrett
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

LOL wut? Literally all his Florida posts have been "The vote totals are now ___________. Trump needs __________ votes to get to the amount he needs based on 2016". How you see that as slant bias is beyond me.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Secolobo said:

Just talked to a buddy from Tampa. He said Raymond James Stadium looks like the Super Bowl.

This Biden rally related or voting related?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Gyles Marrett
Secolobo said:

Hopefully you reminded your friend that his eyes lie and Biden is +8 in Florida...
Prosperdick
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

LOL wut? Literally all his Florida posts have been "The vote totals are now ___________. Trump needs __________ votes to get to the amount he needs based on 2016". How you see that as slant bias is beyond me.
Mostly true but in my retort I was assuming he would cherry pick one of the tweets where Larry says something to the effect of "If this keeps up it's over" or something along those lines. Yes, for the most part he's just straight giving the numbers but I didn't want to provide him an "out."
bmks270
AG
Do you guys see that?

It's the tide receding on the Florida shores.

A MAGA Tsunami is coming.
Keegan99
AG
Gyles Marrett
Prosperdick said:

Gyles Marrett said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Mostly true but in my retort I was assuming he would cherry pick one of the tweets where Larry says something to the effect of "If this keeps up it's over" or something along those lines. Yes, for the most part he's just straight giving the numbers but I didn't want to provide him an "out."
Gotcha...I tend to have the habit of reading the numbers and making my own interpretations overlooking those extra comments like you said he adds. But you're right, I'm sure he'd have jumped all over that like a 6 foot white circle at a Biden event.
Faustus
Prosperdick said:

Ulrich said:

DCPD158 said:

I think these count a R or D voting, but not how they voted. I know registered Ds that have voted early here in Florida, but voted Trump (my wife included).

Am I wrong on how I'm reading these?

The measure is of limited utility, like everything else, but at least it's something. I think a decent model can be built by combining voter registration, early vote affiliation, polling, sign counts, and donor counts, but every one of those requires so much context that it's hard to draw a conclusion.

And the real problem with all this is that there's only one "real" event every four years. The landscape changes faster than that, so it's mostly theory in a vacuum with no chance to calibrate.
Of course it's assuming an R votes R and a D votes D, it's illegal to open the ballots before Election Day. As for the landscape change in Florida there have been almost 200,000 more Republicans registered to vote since 2016.

I suppose you could argue all those people who took the time to register Republican despise Trump and are only doing this as a cruel prank on Election Day.

Seriously though, if you look at the rallies in Florida as well as the polling of Hispanics/Cubans for Trump there's a VERY good chance there will be more registered Dems voting Trump (at least at the top of the ticket) than R's voting for Biden.
Which still leaves almost 200k more registered Democrats than Republicans in Florida as of August 31,2020.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/data-statistics/voter-registration-statistics/voter-registration-reportsxlsx/voter-registration-by-party-affiliation/

There are a lot more Republican Super Voters left too, and Republicans tend to vote more on election day. I'd put this one in the bag for Republicans. However just because you haven't voted in the last four elections doesn't mean that you're not turning out for this one. Democrats have enough voters out there to win, it just doesn't look likely at this point.
HoustonAggie37713
Gyles Marrett said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Yeah, he's pure science.
bmks270
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

StoneCold99 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

Dumb_Loggy said:

Prosperdick said:

Yeah, he's pure science.

Yeah, he is justified in being confident, but can we really predicted how the independents will go? They could hand it to Biden. Or maybe the polling of minorities are off and they skews democrat more than they did in 2016. The independent and party crossover votes could still give Florida to Biden, despite a high turnout of registered republicans.
P.U.T.U
AG
He addressed that, as long as the people who normally vote republican show up there is not enough independents and democrats to outvote them.
aginresearch
AG
All possibilities. However, some polls show independents breaking at best 55 - 45 Biden which is not enough if the Republicans can get the margin below 50k before election day. Most show it 50/50 or very slight Biden lean which is a virtual wash.
DCPD158
AG
P.U.T.U said:

He addressed that, as long as the people who normally vote republican show up there is not enough independents and democrats to outvote them.
and you can't predict D voting R or R voting D this cycle. Really just thinking about it make your head explode. Ready for it to be over
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
astros4545
AG
R's close gap +4,800 past 60 minutes
Gigemags382
AG
I didn't really want to start a whole new thread for this - what's the deal with EV in Ohio? In almost every swing state Democrats are ahead in EV as expected and we're conjecturing whether Republicans will make up ground. But Target Smart seems to be showing a landslide for Republicans. Obviously this is based off Target Smart's modeling so we don't know the candidate votes for sure (like in all states), but is there anything that would make their modeling for Ohio way off base compared to other states? Is Trump easily running away with Ohio?

Dem 704,610 (47.5%)
Rep 595,726 (40.2%)
Unaf 183,212 (12.3%)

Dem 1,063,669 (41.2%)
Rep 1,188,383 (46.1%)
Unaf 183,212 (12.7%)

If Republicans have a 5% lead in EV, is there really any chance this goes blue in the end?

So Florida is trending towards Republicans and Ohio is looking like it's practically locked up. Without these states, mathematically Biden still has a lot of paths to victory but it's hard to imagine a president winning without Florida and Ohio given how previous elections have gone.
It's 2020. Nothing would shock me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.