Company Tells Employees -- Biden Bad for Business

6,417 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BQ78
HowdyTAMU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, the horror of telling people the straight truth and that Biden policies will lead to layoffs. One person (need to be careful to not misgender the individual) was so upset that he/she quit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/orlando-company-president-tells-employees-there-could-be-layoffs-if-biden-wins
Reservoir Dog
Well, when corporate tax rates were lowere from 38% to 21%... it allowed a lot of companies to hire more people.

With Biden saying he will raise corporate taxes to 28%... some of those newer employees, may have to be let go.

This is called corporate responsibility!
beerad12man
AG
Amazing how some don't see it

Yeah, let's tax the hell out of businesses when we are trying to rebuild from a pandemic and get people employed again. Great idea
FbgTxAg
AG
I straight up told my employees in 2012 that if Obama won and Obamacare wasn't overturned I was either selling the biz or significantly downsizing to get under 50 employees. Thankfully I found a buyer in 2013.
Dro07
AG
OmG tHaT iLlEgAl!!!
Old Sarge
AG
Probably better this guy quit cause butthurt and all. "Elections have consequences"/Obama". The owner of this company did his employees a favor by trying to tell them what would happen if Biden/Harris wins. Truth hurts. Owner also said they support employees voting for whoever they choose. But the butthurt guy that quit already would have really caught hell if people he knew lost their jobs because Biden and they knew he voted for them.

That's what happens when you support a ticket that is pro corruption/absolute power/anti-American.

Life is hard. It is harder if you are stupid.

Green is the new RED.
dmart90
AG
The CEO of the last company I worked for told everyone that they should be happy Trump won the election - he was good for business. Many of the employees were none to pleased with that statement.
AnScAggie
AG
I told my ranch manager's wife who also works for me, she better hope Trump wins after she said she really liked that beautiful black lady Biden picked as his running mate. When she asked why I said he wants to double capital gains and since investments pay for the ranch, if they go up significantly then we'll have to re-evaluate expenses starting with employees.
policywonk98
AG
It truly is insanity that millions of people will vote against their economic self interest this month because Trump types mean things on Twitter.

Conservative Ag
AnScAggie said:

I told my ranch manager's wife who also works me, she better hope Trump wins after she said she really liked that beautiful black lady Biden picked as his running mate. When she asked why I said he wants to double capital gains and since investments pay for the ranch, if they go up significantly then we'll have to re-evaluate expenses starting with employees.

Most people don't have the ability to think beyond surface level. It's absurd that everyone has an equally weighted vote.
DrEvazanPhD
AnScAggie said:

I told my ranch manager's wife who also works me, she better hope Trump wins after she said she really liked that beautiful black lady Biden picked as his running mate. When she asked why I said he wants to double capital gains and since investments pay for the ranch, if they go up significantly then we'll have to re-evaluate expenses starting with employees.

1.) kamala is heavily diluted, and her plastic surgery did her no favors, and
2.) where is this ranch where a ranch managers wife would support a commie?
Dro07
AG
Nvm
AnScAggie
AG
Duval Co. Ranch manager and wife are from the valley and lived/live in Freer where he was a teacher for 30 years. They are both Hispanic, if that helps.
Premium
AG
AnScAggie said:

Duval Co. Ranch manager and wife are from the valley and lived/live in Freer where he was a teacher for 30 years. They are both Hispanic, if that helps.

You said she works you really well, we will have to take your word for it.
AnScAggie
AG
Premium said:

AnScAggie said:

Works "for me as well"
Premium
AG
AnScAggie said:

Premium said:

AnScAggie said:

Works "for me as well"

Word
Rocky Rider
AG
policywonk98 said:

It truly is insanity that millions of people will vote against their economic self interest this month because Trump types mean things on Twitter.

Look at savings/investment rates across the country. Most people are clueless where the economy and their personal financial security are concerned.
ProgN
HowdyTAMU said:

Oh, the horror of telling people the straight truth and that Biden policies will lead to layoffs. One person (need to be careful to not misgender the individual) was so upset that he/she quit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/orlando-company-president-tells-employees-there-could-be-layoffs-if-biden-wins
Anyone in management that has to do layoffs should Biden win and we go into a recession, they should start with the employees that have Biden/Harris stickers on their car.
duffelpud
AG
Duval County - say no more.
"What's this button do?"
B-1 83
AG
Wait a minute.......I've been told repeatedly by liberals that if I don't make over $400k or own a business, the Biden tax increases won't impact me!
Cassius
People follow pied pipers over cliffs all the time. 50% of folks are below average intelligence. Millions are under 90 IQ. They are simply not intelligent enough to understand the ramifications.

Then you have the idiot savant libs, like the tech folks. Slinging code they can do, but they should never be allowed to set policy or make decisions that affect the lives of others. They are dumb as rocks outside tech.
Owlagdad
Tell them Biden will tax More those who make over 400k a year- but those folks know how to bring that tax bill down, ( and their liberal pot banger rep or senator wrote the tax law). So either things just really stay the same under Biden or they reach to those making 50k for more money.
WHOOP!'91
AG
policywonk98 said:

We have a poster on this board who will vote for Biden so the media will stop lying about Trump. Dude's baked, but his vote counts same as mine.

SMDH
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Maroon Dawn
AG
Having no understanding of economics is a requirement to believe in liberalism

Otherwise you'd understand that no business pays a dime of corporate taxes. That they are shadow taxes that hurt shareholders, employees and customers instead
Gigem314
AG
beerad12man said:

Amazing how some don't see it

Yeah, let's tax the hell out of businesses when we are trying to rebuild from a pandemic and get people employed again. Great idea
Pure insanity
Jbob04
AG
It's scary how uneducated the average voter really is.
Earl_Rudder
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

AnScAggie said:

1.) kamala is heavily diluted, and her plastic surgery did her no favors, and
2.) where is this ranch where a ranch managers wife would support a commie?
You do realize that the Texas state government was basically controlled by democrats from the beginning of the Republic of Texas until 1979 right? Other than Sam Houston, and 2 governors right after the Civil War, it's been dems in both the executive and the legislature.

There are plenty of old democrat Texan ranchers.
c-jags
policywonk98 said:

There are 2 millennial girls at my very small business that I work for. One is a typical liberal and one is hyper-progressive. We get along well and all are civil enough to talk politics. Progressive girl can be a bit much but it's usually fine.

They both are going to vote Biden and they both will be the first ones fired if that tax rate comes back up. I'm not wishing that on them by any means as I like both of them but we run on pretty thin margins 3 months out of the year. Trump tax cuts have been a boom for our company and CARES act kept them employed when it was looking to be dicey back in April.

ETA: they wouldn't be fired because of who they voted for but because they were last hired, least experienced, and we were able to hire them because of increased profit margins since 2018.
rwtxag83
AG
Different kind of Democrat. Democrat party of today is very different than in the late 50s and early 60s.

Many, many people here will tell you 'I didn't leave the Democrat party, the Democrat party left me.'
The_Fox
I was speaking with my law partner yesterday about the election. He is young, only 32. He said that almost all of his married friends his age, the wives were voting for Biden even though the husbands are voting for Trump. These are families with incomes in the 400K to 650K range. I asked him about the tax increase that would come from a Biden victory, and the wives simply did not care because Trump is mean.

Trump could walk up and grab my wife by the pvssy and I would still vote for him. I do not care one iota about his personality, I only care about how his policies impact my family. I do not understand how someone could vote directly against their own self interest.

It is why I have been saying that we should repeal the 19th Amendment jokingly for the past few years. I no longer consider it a joke.
WHOOP!'91
AG
The real question is would she let him because he's famous?
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

TexAgs91
AG
> Company Tells Employees -- Biden Bad for Business

That's one compost that can do the math
dermdoc
AG
Remember when I made up the story about laying off an Obama voter because it would hurt our business? And I got blasted.

And it is the truth. People do not like to hear it but if you vote for someone who jeopardizes your companies profits, there are consequences.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
The_Fox said:

I was speaking with my law partner yesterday about the election. He is young, only 32. He said that almost all of his married friends his age, the wives were voting for Biden even though the husbands are voting for Trump. These are families with incomes in the 400K to 650K range. I asked him about the tax increase that would come from a Biden victory, and the wives simply did not care because Trump is mean.

Trump could walk up and grab my wife by the pvssy and I would still vote for him. I do not care one iota about his personality, I only care about how his policies impact my family. I do not understand how someone could vote directly against their own self interest.

It is why I have been saying that we should repeal the 19th Amendment jokingly for the past few years. I no longer consider it a joke.

Do you realize that without the female vote there would never have been a Dem President?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The_Fox
dermdoc said:

The_Fox said:

Do you realize that without the femal vote there would never have been a Dem President?
I do. It is why when people ask me if I could change one thing about the constitution, my go to response is now to repeal the 19th amendment.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.