Mask compliance

9,079 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigRobSA
Viper16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Nobody is offended. Good grief.
And yet, you are continuing to post because people that disagree continues to offend you.

You've made a very poor assumption.

You continue to make my point.
12thMan9
AG
ReloadAg said:

Live in Austin so we have nothing but sheep here.
Nah, sheep are smarter.
Ronnie '88
annie88
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Most places in New Braunfels area people are obedient sheep.

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.
you and the six who starred are nothing but sheeple.

Do you feel better after attacking me?
Do you feel better after attacking us? The non-maskers?
annie88
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.

But it's not best for the community. It's a bunch of bull*****

And I'm not attacking anyone for wearing a mask I'm pissed off that they think they have a right to tell me to wear one.

If you wanna wear one the rest of your damn life go ahead no one is stopping you. We know these don't do any good and we've had enough.

They are plenty of legit studies that they work. You feel differently and that's cool but I don't think you're an awful person for thinking so or that you're being disrespectful if you feel otherwise. That's the issue.
There are plenty of legit studies that prove they don't work. You just choose to believe the junk science. You're just saying that you think I am disrespectful for not wearing one. I think your side is disrespectful for forcing us to. There's a lot of issues here not just one. I've had enough so I'm stopping wearing mine in many cases. Instead of just saying that's your choice you put people down and act like we're doing something wrong. We are not.
FbgTxAg
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

And I'm not attacking anyone for wearing a mask I'm pissed off that they think they have a right to tell me to wear one.

If you wanna wear one the rest of your damn life go ahead no one is stopping you. We know these don't do any good and we've had enough.

They are plenty of legit studies that they work. You feel differently and that's cool but I don't think you're an awful person for thinking so or that you're being disrespectful if you feel otherwise. That's the issue.

No sir. There are not. Not one single legit study that shows any efficacy whatsoever. Zero.

Just another example of "repeat a lie often enough."

There are, however, numerous studies that show they do not.
CSTXAg92
AG
eltharion said:

Texas' mask mandate didn't happen until July, so I was happily going out to places of business from March through June at the height of the pandemic when no one was wearing masks at all.

I just don't believe masks do anything and vehemently reject government authoritarian style "you must wear mask or else" type stuff.

A Sweden approach, I'm fine with. If individual businesses want to require it fine - I'll shop elsewhere or do online pickup type stuff. That's all.

Wearing a mask to prevent the spread of Coronavirus is like putting up a chain link fence to keep the mosquitoes off your property.
BoydCrowder13
annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

There are plenty of legit studies that prove they don't work. You just choose to believe the junk science. You're just saying that you think I am disrespectful for not wearing one. I think your side is disrespectful for forcing us to. There's a lot of issues here not just one. I've had enough so I'm stopping wearing mine in many cases. Instead of just saying that's your choice you put people down and act like we're doing something wrong. We are not.

You an anti-vaccer? Seem the type.
Drip99
AG
Wear a mask in a business that requires it because it's their business. Otherwise go on with my life....
eltharion
AG
Rattler12 said:

eltharion said:

Texas' mask mandate didn't happen until July, so I was happily going out to places of business from March through June at the height of the pandemic when no one was wearing masks at all.

I just don't believe masks do anything and vehemently reject government authoritarian style "you must wear mask or else" type stuff.

A Sweden approach, I'm fine with. If individual businesses want to require it fine - I'll shop elsewhere or do online pickup type stuff. That's all.
You see any correlations in what you wrote there ?

And all you guys saying that folks that wear the masks are sheep might want to think about that ....there are more than one kind of "sheep". Some blindly follow in one direction, some blindly follow in the opposite. Sheep are predictable creatures.
Not that I really trust the CDC/WHO much anymore, but I do agree with the WHO about wearing masks if sick or if providing care to elderly.

I've not read any convincing evidence that a mask provides any benefit if I'm walking by someone for less than 10 seconds in a grocery store or Home Depot. Perhaps fitted N95 masks, but how many non-health care workers are properly using those?

It will be interesting to see over time, if masks provided a false sense of security that lead to higher infection rates.
Rattler12
eltharion said:

Rattler12 said:

eltharion said:

You see any correlations in what you wrote there ?

And all you guys saying that folks that wear the masks are sheep might want to think about that ....there are more than one kind of "sheep". Some blindly follow in one direction, some blindly follow in the opposite. Sheep are predictable creatures.
Not that I really trust the CDC/WHO much anymore, but I do agree with the WHO about wearing masks if sick or if providing care to elderly.

I've not read any convincing evidence that a mask provides any benefit if I'm walking by someone for less than 10 seconds in a grocery store or Home Depot. Perhaps fitted N95 masks, but how many non-health care workers are properly using those?

It will be interesting to see over time, if masks provided a false sense of security that lead to higher infection rates.
The sad part of this whole pandemic fiasco is that it's really hard to believe anything these so called "professionals" offer up as fact. Fact seems to be a moving target. Someone mentioned the experts saying 80 million people in the US have contracted the virus. Why couldn't that number be 20 mil or 120 mil ? The "experts" also predicted 2 miilion deaths early on. The experts said masks work. The experts say masks don't work. The experts say this is just the flu not to worry. To date 220K+ have died from "just the flu" The experts say herd immunity is the answer. The experts say herd immunity won't happen and is not the answer. The experts say board everything up and hide in your house. The experts say don't board it all up and hide in your house. The experts say schools and colleges shouldn't open and sports shouldn't be played. The experts say school and sports open as usual. I am now believing that our "medical experts" are on par with weather prognosticators. Another profession where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep your job
TxTarpon
When Lefty HEB and WalMart go on board with Gov Grabbit's order they force compliance.

In the more rural regions most people only wear them when a store mandates it.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
GeorgiAg
AG
I refuse to wear pants or underwear but I bet you sheeple still do.
Rattler12
Is it better to be a sheep or a parrot?

TxTarpon
Lots of Sheeple in this photo?
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

30wedge
In my area, I'd estimate 50% compliance, and of the half that do, a lot of them have the mask below their nose or even on their chin. Seeing more and more people not even bother having one hanging around their neck. . Many places do not require their employees to wear one.

I swear though, some people I think enjoy wearing the mask. They probably think they are making a huge difference, or are part of "Team Mask" and muddle along with the damn thing on. It's their business to do as they like but it sure has a goofiness to it. I suspect they will don the thing in regular flu season or any outbreak of anything. Some may never quit wearing one, lol.

To whatever degree masks help, I can't see them mattering much when so many do not wear them. Time to give the mask idea up and go on with life.
End Of Message
AG
yes
annie88
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

No I'm not. I think anti-vaxxers are as stupid as the people that keep wanting to wear masks that do no good. We're talking Holocaust denier level dumb.

But you voted For Biden and were proud of it so I don't put much stock into what you think or say.
BoydCrowder13
annie88 said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

No I'm not. I think anti-vaxxers are as stupid as the people that keep wanting to wear masks that do no good. We're talking Holocaust denier level dumb.

But you voted For Biden and were proud of it so I don't put much stock into what you think or say.

Congrats on being an idiot. Voted for Trump last Wednesday.
Smokedraw01
annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

you and the six who starred are nothing but sheeple.

Do you feel better after attacking me?
Do you feel better after attacking us? The non-maskers?
Explain why you feel attacked? I don't believe I've done so in any way but I'm open to discussing that.
Smokedraw01
annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

I never said you were disrespectful. I actually stated that I don't think you are being disrespectful. It appears to me that you are looking for a fight and I'm not sure why. Is there any particular reason why you are so fired up about what I've written because it appears that you've been set off by things that I've not written?
Viper16
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

I never said you were disrespectful. I actually stated that I don't think you are being disrespectful. It appears to me that you are looking for a fight and I'm not sure why. Is there any particular reason why you are so fired up about what I've written because it appears that you've been set off by things that I've not written?

You just can't help yourself, can you.

Non-mask wearers really get under your skin!

LOL
Smokedraw01
Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

LOL
What are you blathering on about? This is a discussion board. We are having a discussion.
annie88
AG
I'm not angry nor am I fired up. We're having a discussion and we disagree. What are you so upset about?
Smokedraw01
annie88 said:

I'm not angry nor am I fired up. We're having a discussion and we disagree. What are you so upset about?
I'm not upset, I'm just trying to understand why you are misrepresenting what I wrote.
annie88
AG
I swear though, some people I think enjoy wearing the mask. They probably think they are making a huge difference, or are part of "Team Mask" and muddle along with the damn thing on. It's their business to do as they like but it sure has a goofiness to it.

It is very weird. I think some of them really have themselves so scared that they think they will literally die without one. Other people are wearing it to stick it to trump. Yes that sounds weird but that's what they're doing. The less this thing becomes the more they don't have to blame Trump about.

And there's a few other of them that are just ****ing weird. Why anybody would enjoy wearing this or think this is not, not OK it's beyond me.
annie88
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

I'm not upset, I'm just trying to understand why you are misrepresenting what I wrote.

OK then explain it to me again.
Smokedraw01
Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Forum Troll
AG
Fort bend county still plenty compliant. Still see plenty of people wearing masks by themselves in the own car or wearing masks out on walks outside with no one within 100 feet. I've been more pro mask than most on F16 (in certain circumstances) but case counts and hospitalizations around here are so low I'm wondering when the mandate is going to be lifted. Doesn't help that Dora has Harris county still at threat level midnight.

Brazoria county seems to be 50/50, at least when I stop at Buc-ee's on 288 in Lake Jackson once a week. Buc-ee's in Alvin last week was also 50/50.
Viper16
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

LOL
What are you blathering on about? This is a discussion board. We are having a discussion.

I'm not the one blathering on and whining about people that elect to not wear masks!

LOL
Smokedraw01
Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

LOL

I'm not the one blathering on and whining about people that elect to not wear masks!

LOL

At this point you're just trolling because I refuse to believe you can't read.
fullback44
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

I got a bunch of sheep in a conference room .. I had them put on their mask ... I then took my mask and strapped it
Around my ass.. and then farted ... everyone of the sheep in the room smelled my fart through their mask...

I told them Mask don't work and left the room to go to the bathroom ... holding that back for the meeting almost caused me to rupture a gasket..
Viper16
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

LOL

LOL

At this point you're just trolling because I refuse to believe you can't read.

And yet, you still continue to refuse to accept other peoples' choice to not wear the mask.

Viruses...... 0.005 - 0.30 microns
Covid 19.... 0.06 - 0.14 microns

M-95.......... Blocks down to 0.30 microns

Good luck with your mask.

TxTarpon
Those brussel sprouts paid off?

-BarronVonAwesome

Aust Ag
AG
I was in the Randalls last night, probably 15 people in the whole store. I'm thinking, "I haven't stepped within 20' of another person, why do I have to wear a mask"? Just didn't make sense. And if even if I got like within 2' of someone, it's a stranger.....at night, in Randall's. I'm not going to start talking to them. And I'm certainly not going to sneeze on them.

So stupid, no common sense allowed. Common sense/decency steps in when I check out, I'll put it on then. Out of respect to the kid working late at a register. Even though there's a plexiglass shield. Ugh.
fullback44
AG
TxTarpon said:

Those brussel sprouts paid off?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.