Mask compliance

9,110 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigRobSA
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Most places in New Braunfels area people are obedient sheep.

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.
you and the six who starred are nothing but sheeple.

Do you feel better after attacking me?

Always a victim

Hardly. The need to be a dick to people is strong among many in the board. Maybe it's what social media like TexAgs does to people, I've done it occasionally myself.

I just don't understand why so many feel like they need to attack those that wear a mask. Some data shows that it works. But TexAgs has to be the smartest people in the room and insult others who have reasonably wear a mask in public.

Attacking on an Internet forum vs attacking people in real life

Who is doing which? And which is worse?
Smokedraw01
astros4545 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.
you and the six who starred are nothing but sheeple.

Do you feel better after attacking me?

Always a victim

Hardly. The need to be a dick to people is strong among many in the board. Maybe it's what social media like TexAgs does to people, I've done it occasionally myself.

I just don't understand why so many feel like they need to attack those that wear a mask. Some data shows that it works. But TexAgs has to be the smartest people in the room and insult others who have reasonably wear a mask in public.

Attacking on an Internet forum vs attacking people in real life

Who is doing which? And which is worse?

I attacked nobody in real life or in this thread. And we can all agree that neither is productive or right, right?
Smokedraw01
Pinche Abogado said:

In real life, I am harassed by the masked crusaders for being a free breather.

Seems like your side is filled with dicks.

My side? Why do you feel the need to make me your adversary?
astros4545
AG
Speaking in generalities

In public

Which side of the mask wearing debate attacks who?
YouBet
AG
Dallas - everyone is masked up indoors still with the obvious exclusion of sitting down in restaurants. We all benefit from the restaurant COVID force field in that case.

Rockport - coastal Texas town and heavily Republican. Everyone is masked up in all the places we go to. Restaurants are finally starting to open up for dine-in again, but for a while only 2-3 were brave enough to open. Most everyone still wears masks indoors entering and leaving restaurants, HEB, and most everywhere else. I'm sure the smaller long-time local places probably ignore it.
End Of Message
AG
Because your personal beliefs and actions seemingly make you one.
Smokedraw01
astros4545 said:

Speaking in generalities

In public

Both sides have ridiculous people. You have the insane folks that attack those stores that require patrons to wear masks. There are *******s who go after people who don't wear masks. I've not run into either group but people need to stop being a dick to others.
Smokedraw01
Pinche Abogado said:

Because your personal beliefs and actions seemingly make you one.

My beliefs in this thread were "they think they are doing what is right." and "don't be a dick." Not all that controversial unless you're looking for a fight or a reason to be a dick.
End Of Message
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

astros4545 said:

Speaking in generalities

In public

Both sides have ridiculous people. You have the insane folks that attack those stores that require patrons to wear masks. There are *******s who go after people who don't wear masks. I've not run into either group but people need to stop being a dick to others.

Please provide a cite of people "attacking stores."
Smokedraw01
You've seen the videos of the lunatics. Don't be obtuse.
End Of Message
AG
I haven't, and I am being completely honest.

Please link.
Smokedraw01
They're usually called Karen videos. Give it a search and stop being obtuse.
End Of Message
AG
Yea, those are people attacking people for NOT wearing masks. Not non-mask wearers attacking stores.
Smokedraw01
Pinche Abogado said:

Yea, those are people attacking people for NOT wearing masks. Not non-mask weaves attacking stores.

Attacked? No, they are asked to leave if they don't follow the company's policy.
Post removed:
by user
Smokedraw01
You're right but that doesn't really matter in regards to this discussion.
Clob94
flashplayer said:

We must hang out at different places. I'm seeing the tourists comply. But us locals, not so much. I went out last night without a mask and nobody said anything. Got some looks but only from the out of towners. They can all EAD as far as I care.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Well the good news is that we are in for 5-7 years looking at the flaming wreckage of the economy. So we'll have plenty of time to debate the merits of face diaper or no face diaper.

The biggest scam in the history of mankind and we are slurping it up like Sasha Grey.

Unbelievable.
Aust Ag
AG
Kids flag football game yesterday, probably 50% mask on the parents. So stupid. Outside obviously, plenty of room in open field. The way I figured it, most if not all making political statement (based on %). Polling in my area leans Biden.
Smokedraw01
Aust Ag said:

Kids flag football game yesterday, probably 50% mask on the parents. So stupid. Outside obviously, plenty of room in open field. The way I figured it, most if not all making political statement (based on %). Polling in my area leans Biden.

Did you ask them? Or just make an assumption?
Aust Ag
AG
Yes, I asked each individual their voting preference.
Smokedraw01
Aust Ag said:

Yes, I asked each individual their voting preference.
So you just made an assumption without engaging with real people. Is that a fair assessment of the situation?
Aust Ag
AG
Don't we all make assumptions about people every day?
If you can give me a better reason to think otherwise, when people are 10 to 15 feet apart on a nice day in a park wearing mask I'm all ears . Is this what the "scientist" recommend?

Would you expect to see 50% mask wearing at a flag football game, say in Llano or Burnet ?

Its political.
Smokedraw01
Aust Ag said:

Don't we all make assumptions about people every day?
If you can give me a better reason to think otherwise, when people are 10 to 15 feet apart on a nice day in a park wearing mask I'm all ears . Is this what the "scientist" recommend?

Would you expect to see 50% mask wearing at a flag football game, say in Llano or Burnet ?

Its political.

Maybe most folks don't take politics as "serious" as you do. Again, maybe they're just doing what they thing is best for the community. Doesn't seem like such an awful thing.
Rattler12
eltharion said:

Texas' mask mandate didn't happen until July, so I was happily going out to places of business from March through June at the height of the pandemic when no one was wearing masks at all.

I just don't believe masks do anything and vehemently reject government authoritarian style "you must wear mask or else" type stuff.

A Sweden approach, I'm fine with. If individual businesses want to require it fine - I'll shop elsewhere or do online pickup type stuff. That's all.
You see any correlations in what you wrote there ?

And all you guys saying that folks that wear the masks are sheep might want to think about that ....there are more than one kind of "sheep". Some blindly follow in one direction, some blindly follow in the opposite. Sheep are predictable creatures.
BoydCrowder13
Rattler12 said:

eltharion said:

Texas' mask mandate didn't happen until July, so I was happily going out to places of business from March through June at the height of the pandemic when no one was wearing masks at all.

I just don't believe masks do anything and vehemently reject government authoritarian style "you must wear mask or else" type stuff.

A Sweden approach, I'm fine with. If individual businesses want to require it fine - I'll shop elsewhere or do online pickup type stuff. That's all.
You see any correlations in what you wrote there ?

And all you guys saying that folks that wear the masks are sheep might want to think about that ....there are more than one kind of "sheep". Some blindly follow in one direction, some blindly follow in the opposite. Sheep are predictable creatures.

The irony of his post will likely go right over his head.
Stat Monitor Repairman
No data that I've seen supports wearing non medical grade masks by the general public (especially outdoors).

The latest information indicates that the virus is in fact airborne, in otherwords contained on the vapor coming out the sides and bottom of your mask every time you take a breath.

This mask BS is about compliance. There is no basis for it other than to perpetuate fear and crush economic activity.
chickencoupe16
AG
I never go into a business with a mask on. I always take one in my pocket and I'll put it on if an employee cares enough to say something. That's been my policy the entire time. So far, CiCi's and Ozona are the only businesses I've found that care.

I had a guy at HEB the other day notice me not wearing a mask and he asked me if HEB cared. I said no and he shoved his mask into his pocket.
BoydCrowder13
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

No data that I've seen supports wearing non medical grade masks by the general public (especially outdoors).

The latest information indicates that the virus is in fact airborne, in otherwords contained on the vapor coming out the sides and bottom of your mask every time you take a breath.

This mask BS is about compliance. There is no basis for it other than to perpetuate fear and crush economic activity.

Sounds like Trump did a poor job cleaning house at his own CDC over the past 4 years then.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Oh for sure. The deep state runs deep and wide.

Dissent will not be tolerated and dissenters will be swiftly dealt with.

Welcome to the machine.
gkaggie08
AG
Mask compliance is almost nonexistent in rural north Texas. We were below the 20 active cases throughout the summer so we were exempted. Active cases started to increase to a max of about 45 cases, so the mayor and county judge knew jerked and mandated masks again, saying the state was forcing their hand. I told them both they were spineless and that other counties had told the governor to pound sand. They saw that nobody was following the edict so they relented to masks are 'encouraged'.

The only place I wear a mask is at church. That's because the Bishop has mandated it, but I have given our Deacon an earful over it
annie88
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

But it's not best for the community. It's a bunch of bull*****

And I'm not attacking anyone for wearing a mask I'm pissed off that they think they have a right to tell me to wear one.

If you wanna wear one the rest of your damn life go ahead no one is stopping you. We know these don't do any good and we've had enough.
Smokedraw01
annie88 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

But it's not best for the community. It's a bunch of bull*****

And I'm not attacking anyone for wearing a mask I'm pissed off that they think they have a right to tell me to wear one.

If you wanna wear one the rest of your damn life go ahead no one is stopping you. We know these don't do any good and we've had enough.

They are plenty of legit studies that they work. You feel differently and that's cool but I don't think you're an awful person for thinking so or that you're being disrespectful if you feel otherwise. That's the issue.
Viper16
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Nobody is offended. Good grief.
And yet, you are continuing to post because people that disagree continues to offend you.
Smokedraw01
Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Nobody is offended. Good grief.
And yet, you are continuing to post because people that disagree continues to offend you.

You've made a very poor assumption.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.