Mask compliance

9,020 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigRobSA
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what is it like in your neck of the woods?

Im in south brazoria county and every week im seeing less and less people wearing the chin diapers.

the employees are even starting to take on the same attitude

maybe there is hope afterall
flashplayer
AG
Most places in New Braunfels area people are obedient sheep.
Smokedraw01
flashplayer said:

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.
MouthBQ98
AG
Depends.
Rapier108
Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community. You look for sheep and that is what you'll find.
Unless they're all using N95/N100 type masks, and using them properly, it is nothing more than security theater.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
coconutED
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Or they're just doing what they think is best for the community.
Exactly; sheep.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Rapier108 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Unless they're all using N95/N100 type masks, and using them properly, it is nothing more than security theater.

This. A lot of masks people wear are actually ineffective. Some are as good as covering your face with your t-shirt.
eltharion
AG
Voted in central Plano on Friday (Davis Library). Short line, 10-15 minutes. Probably 95% mask wearers. I was not wearing a mask (37 years old, basically isolated since March - I work in tech and refuse to go anywhere that requires mask usage, so I'm probably more isolated than most right?). Went in, voted, was leaving and someone "confronted" me outside...

Coronabro: Sir, don't you know you're supposed to wear a mask inside?
Me: (Look at him, turn and walk away)
Coronabro: Nothing to say for yourself?
Me: (Look back) Read the executive order. It's (polling places) exempt. (Walk away)
Coronabro: Oh really? Me: (over my shoulder) Yea. (Walk away without looking back)

I had the EO printed out and in my pocket just in case excitable poll workers gave me grief, with the relevant exemption (#8 by the way) highlighted. But I don't think it's worth engaging average people in the current climate.
Onceaggie2.0
Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

you and the six who starred are nothing but sheeple.
padreislandagfan
I quit wearing my outlaw bandit looking fishing face mask a few weeks back. I don't wear a face covering anywhere.
The sheeple seem pretty mad about it.

Side note. I had the Rona in feb so I'm not scared of contracting or spreading.

Guess I screwed the medical folks out of $30k fed money....... I survived. I felt kinda crappy for a week with slight fever and zero appetite. That's about it.

I turned 50 3 days ago.
BoydCrowder13
eltharion said:

Voted in central Plano on Friday (Davis Library). Short line, 10-15 minutes. Probably 95% mask wearers. I was not wearing a mask (37 years old, basically isolated since March - I work in tech and refuse to go anywhere that requires mask usage, so I'm probably more isolated than most right?). Went in, voted, was leaving and someone "confronted" me outside...

Me: (Look back) Read the executive order. It's (polling places) exempt. (Walk away)
Coronabro: Oh really? Me: (over my shoulder) Yea. (Walk away without looking back)

I had the EO printed out and in my pocket just in case excitable poll workers gave me grief, with the relevant exemption (#8 by the way) highlighted. But I don't think it's worth engaging average people in the current climate.

See this seems like a bizarre way to live right now. You haven't gone anywhere that is mask required for 7 months (so no grocery store trips)? Sounds like unnecessary isolation. And I'd find printing out the executive order more of a pain than wearing the mask while voting to avoid the hassle.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Faustus
BoydCrowder13 said:

eltharion said:

See this seems like a bizarre way to live right now. You haven't gone anywhere that is mask required for 7 months (so no grocery store trips)? Sounds like unnecessary isolation. And I'd find printing out the executive order more of a pain than wearing the mask while voting to avoid the hassle.

I see it differently. The key was highlighting the EO as well as printing it out. Elth turned and walked away, but Coronabro challenged him by saying "Nothing to say for yourself?"

At that point when Elth said read the EO while walking away he had his bases covered. Didn't even need to look back.
eltharion
AG
Texas' mask mandate didn't happen until July, so I was happily going out to places of business from March through June at the height of the pandemic when no one was wearing masks at all.

I just don't believe masks do anything and vehemently reject government authoritarian style "you must wear mask or else" type stuff.

A Sweden approach, I'm fine with. If individual businesses want to require it fine - I'll shop elsewhere or do online pickup type stuff. That's all.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
eltharion said:

"Anything to say for yourself?"

You're a much better man than I am because just reading that made my blood boil. Just about anything other than "Go **** yourself" seems inadequate to me in that situation.
littlebigman
Yelnick McWawa said:

You're a much better man than I am because just reading that made my blood boil. Just about anything other than "Go **** yourself" seems inadequate to me in that situation.

Should have started coughing, fell on the ground, and then when they are freaking out, jump up, laugh, and walk away.
Or just tell them to go F yourself.
TSUAggie
Live in Granbury and we went down to the square last night for the first time in a while to have dinner - not because of pandemic, just haven't had the time or energy to venture out anywhere lately. Few masks were being worn and really there was no sign of us being in the middle of a pandemic. People everywhere enjoying live music, food and just hanging out. It was refreshing to see.
The Fall Guy
AG
Had a little festival yesterday in our neighborhood in Kyle, Tx. Some people had masks on, some did not, and some when convenient in a larger crowd. I was doing manual labor carrying tables, chairs etc. Hard to breath with a mask working. None for me. I just avoided the crowd.

Smokedraw01
FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Do you feel better after attacking me?
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Seeing fewer and fewer every day. I never wore the mask except for a few seconds once when I was meeting someone at a restaurant.
DrEvazanPhD
Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Always a victim
Cassius
Yelnick McWawa said:

eltharion said:

Yeah, he's a much nicer person than me too. There would have been a blistering verbal altercation.
ReloadAg
AG
Live in Austin so we have nothing but sheep here.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

eltharion said:

Sometimes freedom is a hassle.
Bonfire1996
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Community First, Individual Rights, Second

Da, Comrade, Da.
Smokedraw01
DrEvazanPhD said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Always a victim

Hardly. The need to be a dick to people is strong among many in the board. Maybe it's what social media like TexAgs does to people, I've done it occasionally myself.

I just don't understand why so many feel like they need to attack those that wear a mask. Some data shows that it works. But TexAgs has to be the smartest people in the room and insult others who have reasonably wear a mask in public.
Smokedraw01
Bonfire1996 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Community First, Individual Rights, Second

Da, Comrade, Da.

The hyperbole is strong with this one.
Picard
AG
I'm wearing a mask for Halloween. Certainly not N95 certified. It's costume-grade.
black_ice
Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

Viper16
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

The Most places in New Braunfels area people are obedient sheep.

Always a victim

Hardly. The need to be a dick to people is strong among many in the board. Maybe it's what social media like TexAgs does to people, I've done it occasionally myself.

I just don't understand why so many feel like they need to attack those that wear a mask. Some data shows that it works. But TexAgs has to be the smartest people in the room and insult others who have reasonably wear a mask in public.

If you are are offended that others do not agree with your mask position, then stop commenting on this thread.
End Of Message
AG
Viper16 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

flashplayer said:

The Most places in New Braunfels area people are obedient sheep.

Always a victim

If you are are offended that others do not agree with your mask position, then stop commenting on this thread.

He can't because the data shows that he is the smartest person in the room.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Smokedraw01
Nobody is offended. Good grief.
Smokedraw01
It's almost like you want to be wrong about what I posted. I literally said people are doing what they think is best. No need to insult them because they are wearing a mask.
End Of Message
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

It's almost like you want to be wrong about what I posted. I literally said people are doing what they think is best. No need to insult them because they are wearing a mask.

They are wrong.
Smokedraw01
Fine but no need to be a dick towards them.
End Of Message
AG
In real life, I am harassed by the masked crusaders for being a free breather.

Seems like your side is filled with dicks.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.