ATF Looking to Reclassify AR Pistols as Short Barrel Rifles

4,539 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RK
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) recategorized a popular Q, LLC-manufactured AR-15 pistol with stabilizer brace as a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR), which places the gun under the purview of the National Firearms Act (1934).

As of now, the ATF's action is limited to the Q, LLC (Q) manufactured AR-15 pistol called the "Honey Badger," but an expansion of the policy, which would impact all AR-15 pistols with pistol braces, is anticipated.

Case in point, the ATF's August 3, 2020, letter notes that two other Q pistolsthe Sugar Weasel and the Mini Fixmay also fall under NFA purview.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/07/atf-places-some-ar-15-pistols-with-stabilizer-braces-under-nfa/

Biden has already said he wants to put all semi-auto rifles under the NFA, and magazines over 10 rounds.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
SMM48
AG
Or it could be someone trying to get back at Kevin Britingham because of past business dealings or double crossings.

Could be Sig?

Who knows. .
Kenneth_2003
AG
Repeal the NFA.

Im not joking, everytime someone proposes new legislation or regulation, the starting point for negotiations should be a full repeal of the NFA 1934.
planoaggie123
AG
Thanks for that.

I am looking at a Daniel Defense pistol but this does cause some concern and may rethink. I don't want to mess with stamps for an SBR in part because I don't want the government knowing what I do or don't have. Only reason for stamps would probably be a suppressor some day.
SMM48
AG
I think of it the opposite.

With that stamp they govt knows you are a good guy with no criminal history, mental issues (other than being an ag!).

Cause that's what we're gonna do to them.....!!!
Kenneth_2003
AG
What I own is NONE of the governments business.
Rapier108
FunkyKO said:

I think of it the opposite.

With that stamp they govt knows you are a good guy with no criminal history, mental issues (other than being an ag!).

Cause that's what we're gonna do to them.....!!!
It tells the government where to send the jackboots when they decide it is time for forced confiscation.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
JTA1029
AG
Such a stupid bunch of laws. "You can own this but have to pay us for it so others are safe".

Dumb.
TresPuertas
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGEKCdLo51v/?igshid=lf0oh8azm4vr

This is the best breakdown I've seen of the situation. I own several SBRs and could never understand the ATF rules and apparently that's the point. There's no logic. It's all bull****. And they went after the Q brace because it's a small company and the ATF are bureaucratic bullies who are picking fights with companies that can't fight back
John The Savage
Thank you. I will buying one this weekend
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
OldArmyBrent
AG
This is why gun laws are dumb. What if you separate the upper and lower or attach the upper to a different lower without the same brace? If the upper is in the closet unattached to a lower, it's not really a gun, but as soon as I pop those pins in and attach it to the lower, the SBR rules apply? Give me a break.

Here's one of the libertarian party ideas I can agree with - abolish the ATF.
Ags4DaWin
Too bad I lost mine at the bottom of Lake Conroe last weekend.
fixer
This **** is such...*****

This is why I'm not ready to "922R" my Benelli.

Too easy for ATF to be like..."well we decided..."

Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Remember

The libs keep telling us they arnt coming for our guns
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
seriously need to get rid of the atf.
dBoy99
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Repeal the NFA.

Im not joking, everytime someone proposes new legislation or regulation, the starting point for negotiations should be a full repeal of the NFA 1934.

You sir, are a ****ing genius! Bravo!

Some of you are pathetic
fourth deck
AG
FPC on this like white on rice. Something to keep in mind when donating to groups who actually defend gun rights.

planoaggie123
AG
This is who I donate to and follow on Twitter. Very active and very informative.
BigRobSA
"Shall not be infringed."

Plain. ****ing. English.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
ATF is under the executive branch/DoJ. Trump could issue an EO or Barr could stop it through red tape.

Where are the Republicans protecting your gun rights?
SMM48
AG
Tax stamp holders with zero criminal record are the least of the govts problems.

think about it.

just as easy as they are to form 1.....they are just as easy to deactivate/reclassify.

reclassify. what firearm???? got lost in a lake.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Why is it appropriate to tax me for exercising a constitutional right?
chevy con queso
AG
I haven't built any pistols yet due to worrry over this reclassification. I'm going to be building a few Form 1 suppressors and it's already hard enough handing .gov $200 a pop for permission to build my own mufflers.

Repeal the NFA. It saves zero lives. It's based on lies propagated by Hollywood in the 1920s and 1930s, and should have never been passed. People were scared of something that was statistically extremely rare and knee jerked the legislation. Reminds me a whole bunch of covid.
SMM48
AG
No it was not!

But you/we paid the tax anyway.
TexasRebel
AG
Been saying this for decades.

Welcome.
txyaloo
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Repeal the NFA.

The president has the power unilaterally to open up the NFRTR at any time. Trump could issue an order today setting up a period of time that allows for the registration of new machine guns. No president ever will since it's political suicide
TexasRebel
AG
Sounds like a job for a lame duck.
Martin Cash
AG
Sounds good to me. If it's a 'rifle,' I don't need an LTC to carry it.
whatthehey78
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Too bad I lost mine at the bottom of Lake Conroe last weekend.
Liar, liar...pants on fire. But then again, it might have been Lake Texhoma...wait, maybe Lake Tahoe. Yeah, it was one of those...or, maybe....
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
fourth deck
AG
And just like that, the ATF begins to backpedal.

OldArmyBrent
AG
Gun industry conspiracy? Pistol braces and AR-15 pistols are going to be sold out now through next year.
RK
AG
I don't think the gun industry needs to do anything to boost sales these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.