Kevin McCullough: Correctly Predicted the Election Maps since 2006

36,153 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nortex97
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mslags97 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Seriously, someone explain how NM goes for Trump.

NM is approximately 48% Hispanic, and Trump is doing very well with Hispanics. In addition, they have a wacko Dem Governor that has destroyed their state with her crazy Covid shutdowns even though the state has had super low numbers.

I don't think N.M. goes Red, but it wouldn't be the biggest shock....
Solid take. I certainly am not counting on NM, it's a massive blowout at that point regardless. That said Hispanics seem to be very positive on Trump, especially men. He's strong and masculine. A lot of Hispanics are also getting really fed up with everything being about BLM. They are a larger minority and the Dems are basically abandoning them.

The real key in NM though is they have locked that place down far too hard and everyone around them have not. I know this Summer my family was going to go to Angel Fire for vacation and we went to CO because they went with the quarantine rules if you stopped. They have absolutely destroyed their economy. The reward? Their COVID cases and deaths per capita are HIGHER than CO which by comparison stayed pretty open.

I don't see CO going Red though. Way too many Dems have moved there between the MJ crowd and the folks bailing out of CA.
Infection_Ag11
AG
It's hard to take him seriously when he has NM, Arizona, Virginia, NH and NC ALL going for Trump. Wining even 3 of those 5 would be shocking at this point. All 5 is just an incredible stretch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GenericAggie
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

It's hard to take him seriously when he has NM, Arizona, Virginia, NH and NC ALL going for Trump. Wining even 3 of those 5 would be shocking at this point. All 5 is just an incredible stretch.

Based on what data? Honest question. Not poking at you.
RGLAG85
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

He actually has Virginia going blue, and New Hampshire was almost red in 16.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
FrioAg 00
AG
Don't need NH or Nevada. Just need 2 from the group of 4

My best bets are Wisc and NC, but I'm not counting out Penn. I just think the cheating will be very high there.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Are Republicans incapable of cheating? Got dam if you think the other side is doing something fishy you damn well better have your own plan.
rab79
AG
2021NCAggies said:

ScottishFire said:

If that is how it turns out, which I doubt, it is going to be the best 4 years of melt downs ever. GOP would take all four branches. House, Senate, President and SC

I know SC isn't a branch but we'd have control
house and senate are in the same branch, called the legislative branch, SC is judicial and WH is executive. So ends the Jr. high civics lesson for the day.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
2023NCAggies
rab79 said:

2021NCAggies said:

ScottishFire said:

If that is how it turns out, which I doubt, it is going to be the best 4 years of melt downs ever. GOP would take all four branches. House, Senate, President and SC

house and senate are in the same branch, called the legislative branch, SC is judicial and WH is executive. So ends the Jr. high civics lesson for the day.

Haha I should think a little harder next time, there's a reason I don't have an AG tag
McInnis
AG
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/10/10/the-shy-trump-vote-is-bigger-this-year-and-who-they-are-should-shake-democrats-n2577613

Another good article giving hope that a lot of the latest polls are getting it wrong.
Yesterday
AG
2021NCAggies said:

ScottishFire said:

Judicial?
Maacus
God, I do hope that he is right OP.
EX TEXASEX
Ag In Ok said:

In bed by 9:30 knowing who the president is.
You mean your are going to stay awake for 5 weeks to see if the democrats mail in ballot dirty tricks are successful ???
Blahzay
SC is in fact a branch of the government, the judicial branch. The house and the senate are in a branch together, called the legislative branch.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Yep, hard to take him seriously. Looks more like a guy trolling for views and clicks.
dBoy99
AG
Who?

What does Nate Silver say?

Some of you are pathetic
policywonk98
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Yep, hard to take him seriously. Looks more like a guy trolling for views and clicks.

It's not really that hard to understand. I've talked about this map as a possibility as far back as last year ,maybe even 2018.

He doesn't show VA going Trump. Not sure where you guys are seeing that.

So that leaves these key states:
Trump Holds everything he won last time

Trump Flips:
NH (lost by 3,000)(VEP t/o 72%)
NM (lost by 65,000)(VEP T/o 55%)
MN (lost by 44,000)(VEP T/o 74%)
NV (lost by 27,000)(VEP t/o 57%)

Before covid I was making the argument that if Trump ran on the economy and softer tone immigration platform in NV and NM he could win those states.

My reasoning on NM was because Gary Johnson, the former GOP NM governor turned libertarian presidential candidate would not be on the NM ballot this time. Nor is Evan McMullin. They combined for 10% or 80,000 NM votes out of 800,000 cast. There are also 45% of the NM VEP that did not vote. NM just had a GOP governor less than 3 years ago and the GOP held the NM House 2016-2018. 2018 elections were not good for NM GOP, but my point is that NM voters are not unaccustomed to voting GOP.

MN, Gary and Evan combined for 5.5% of the MN vote in 2016. Again, they are not on the ballot. Trump's campaign has done alot of ground work in MN. Prior to Gary and Evan in 2016, third parties had done below 1% in the previous 20 years. I believe Jo will be relegated back to the below 1% category in 2020 for third parties in MN. So the question becomes, can Trump's team hold their 2016 support and grow it using the Gary/Evan supporters and 2016 non-voters. There are reports from MN Trump rallies, that 30% of those in attendence, where non-voters in the 2016 election, and they registered to vote at the Trump rally. These rallies are thousands of people at a time.

NH, before covid I actually was pretty confident in Trumps ability to flip. But I think media coverage has hurt his chances in NH. The only thing that might save Trump in NH at this point is the VP debate from the other night. NH might be in play again with the aging population of NH.

NV, again, like NM, lots of non-voters in 2016. Trumps strength is old people. That's why NV is a relatively weak prospect to flip for Trump. Whereas NH and rust belt give Trump a better chance because of the older age of the populations. NV is in the younger half of the 50 states. The reason I has NV in the flip back in late 2019 was because of the strength of the economy. But if the signs of a surge of latino support are at all true, NV becomes my surprise flip at this point. But the Nevada governors continued restrictions in Nevada will keep the state's economy from bouncing back as fast as other areas of the country. If Trump can make the right case here, Nevada may actually vote for him. Although not a shocker because Adelson owns the paper. LV Review Journal again endorsed Trump this year.

I consider NV, NH, and NM long shots for Trump. But I very much can see in the data how he could flip these states and hold all states he won last time. MN has been easy to see as a possibility since 2016.
Charpie
AG
dBoy99 said:

Who?

What does Nate Silver say?
annie88
AG
Freaking Colorado hippies, man!

DevilD77
AG
2021NCAggies said:

ScottishFire said:

PSSST! House and Senate are one branch, not two. Just so you know.
AggieDub14
AG
Hard to take this seriously with NM and NH going red
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Because Hispanics have been moving towards trump since 2016. New Mexico is a pretty rural state.
dBoy99
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

It would be a very disturbing math lesson...

Some of you are pathetic
BigRobSA
98Ag99Grad said:

Gary Johnson was a Republican Governor there not too long ago.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
1939 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Because Hispanics have been moving towards trump since 2016. New Mexico is a pretty rural state.

And they know that New Mexico is cleaner than Old Mexico.

True story....we do.

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
fasthorse05
Biden will still win the popular vote 180 million to 80 million, with 100 million of that coming from California.

Forgot to put up my smartass emogi.
Stinky T
AG
I think the worm is turning here in NM. The libs are very quiet here right now due to the extreme dumbassery of our ***** governor. Unfortunately the northern part of the state is quite populated with equally stupid leftover hippies and their offspring.

My only concern is the number of Cali license plates I have been seeing here lately. They have been moving here in droves.
sockerton
Here is his 10/21 map. New one should come out Wednesday.

https://thebingethinker.com/2020/10/about-my-map-updated-10-21-2020/
Not a Bot
AG
He's now predicting a potential popular vote win for Trump. Would like to see that, but goodness. That's a really bold prediction.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

New Mexico, New Hampshire and North Carolina are a pipe dream I think. Still, if the rest hold true.... landslide.

Oil and gas and fossil fuels will shift New Mexico. Probably 80% of leases are on Fed land that Biden will end
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Jet Black
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

New Mexico, New Hampshire and North Carolina are a pipe dream I think. Still, if the rest hold true.... landslide.

Oil and gas and fossil fuels will shift New Mexico. Probably 80% of leases are on Fed land that Biden will end
Numbers are a very very rough estimate... But using eia data. (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPNM1&f=M)

NM produces roughly 1 million bopd. Assume ~80% BLM has a decent Royalty Interest.

~365,000,000 barrels per year gross production
80% of gross can be allocated to BLM royalty pool= 292,000,000 barrels per year
Pretty sure all BLM leases are 25% NRI= 73,000,000 barrels per year
Current Market Rate @ $40/bbl: ~$3 billion

No new fracking and with average decline rates of 60-80%.... Not a pretty picture for all those social programs everyone in Santa Fe/Albuquerque love so much.
SWCBonfire
AG
Quote:

You need a civics refresher
FriscoKid
AG
SWCBonfire said:

Quote:

You need a civics refresher
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Meets expectations
agdad4x
I believe...I believe....I believe...

now pass me another drink...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.