Nice hotels filling up with thugs?

15,255 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by techno-ag
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stumpknocker said:

They betta stay outta my Marriotts! I worked hard for my lifetime Platinum Elite status.
One more year to go for me. Thanks to a company policy that would only let us book Marriott.
murphyag
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

There have been a million of these "watch out [city], buses full of antifa BLM supersoldiers are descending on you promising to burn the suburbs and stab anyone with a 401k" and variations thereof circulating on social media and it's all bogus.

A man in my neighborhood sent out an email a few weeks ago warning us to keep our eyes out for Antifa heading our way. I told him I felt pretty confident that Antifa wouldn't be heading out to the sticks of Lucas, Tx anytime soon. Everyone else in the neighborhood got a big laugh out of his never ending paranoia.
DCAggie13y
AG
lamivudine said:

Gumby said:

Its like the emails my grandma used to forward me except they are now tweets.
its true in Vegas

I saw the same thing in Vegas back in 2009. Bellagio was full of trashy people. Maybe it has something do with Vegas.
ABATTBQ11
AG
This sounds like a ****ty chain letter.
YouBet
AG
This isn't Soros. It's people vacationing at hotels. Think about it....it's a cheap easy way to do something that's one step above a staycation. I know folks who have done this.

The last hotel I was in was full of people literally just staying there for the weekend to get out of the house. The pool was basically a block party with people there just hanging out for the day.
Wes97
AG
Definitely been the case recently in Vegas. But it makes sense why it is happening there. Not sure what explains it other places.

Saw that Caesar's Entertainment is raising their weekday prices but discounting them for guests that qualify for their new promotion of "Working from Vegas." That means working out of their hotel rooms.

Not sure how they are going to confirm this for the discounted room rates, but it is an interesting way around their current problem guests.
PneumAg
My guess is they are prepping for major riots at polling sites in swing states, and some red states.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah Vegas has to start pricing the riff raff out soon..and the Strip could use a lot less of those scooter things only a certain Demographic rides and you get a contact high as they slow roll by.
annie88
AG
Vader Was Framed said:

does the twitter account name have 4+ emojis in it?

No. It doesn't.
annie88
AG
murphyag said:

There have been a million of these "watch out [city], buses full of antifa BLM supersoldiers are descending on you promising to burn the suburbs and stab anyone with a 401k" and variations thereof circulating on social media and it's all bogus.

A man in my neighborhood sent out an email a few weeks ago warning us to keep our eyes out for Antifa heading our way. I told him I felt pretty confident that Antifa wouldn't be heading out to the sticks of Lucas, Tx anytime soon. Everyone else in the neighborhood got a big laugh out of his never ending paranoia.

Except they've gone into many suburbs as of late. Most of the time though they're run out of there pretty quickly. Doesn't go well for them. That part is pretty funny, actually.
Post removed:
by user
Fightin_Aggie
AG
annie88 said:

Democrat/Soros/BLM thugs and paid rioters?

This is from twitter so take with caution, but anyone heard this?

When the protests were going on in Austin the vagrant population increased with really nice setups and people who didn't look like they were living every night on the street.

Since the protests have ended the vagrant population has gone back down and those people are gone. Someone is funding this but I haven't seen the thugs staying in nice hotels or even mid range hotels.
TTUArmy
TX04Aggie said:

Ive been in Vegas off and on last few weeks. Can confirm.... hotels are losing their patience with these guests too.. Wynn came out and said they arent discounting rooms anymore, and there has been an uptick in crime on the strip.
Same. Stayed at the Venetian in August and can confirm it was fairly thuggish.
PCC_80
AG
Supposedly BLM & ANTIFA have made serious bank from all the Woke White Libs donating to the "Cause" or feeling guilty about George Floyd, etc. Maybe they are having a good time spending it.

Also, travel industry has been seriously crushed by the lockdowns. They have been desperate for any business and offered some amazing prices a couple of months ago. In June I took a chance and booked a trip for an August Vaca at a resort that was hoping to re-open in July. Payed about half of the usual normal rate.

Maybe some of these Dregs booked 2-3 months ago ? ? ?
Owlagdad
Karen's ought to be worried.... they will come after their house in the burbs next- "no one should have that much living space".
Lol at limousine libs who might have to rub shoulders with those they think they are helping.
Krautag81
I think this is BS too, there would have been leaks already. Those idiots can't keep their mouth shut.
DW91AG95
AG
TTUArmy said:

TX04Aggie said:

Ive been in Vegas off and on last few weeks. Can confirm.... hotels are losing their patience with these guests too.. Wynn came out and said they arent discounting rooms anymore, and there has been an uptick in crime on the strip.
Same. Stayed at the Venetian in August and can confirm it was fairly thuggish.

Can confirm Cosmopolitan was exactly like this in August.
78_Pacecar
AG
I guess I am the only one who read this an immediately thought about NFL travel teams.
black_ice
78_Pacecar said:

I guess I am the only one who read this an immediately thought about NFL travel teams.

Probably. Most of us don't think or watch NFL any longer.
Aggie
AG
ChiefKiefton said:

My job involves managing social media and reviews for hotels. Big ones like Atlanta Marriott Marquis and many like it. This is absolutely happening. I see it everyday in their guest surveys and TripAdvisor reviews.

My wife and I went on a trip recently and stayed at a very nice hotel that we have stayed at before.
This time it was crawling with riff raff.. we had never seen the likes of before.
My wife commented... " where did these people come from"

Actual Talking Thermos
When I first read this I thought we were talking about antifa street brawler types, I should have read between the lines and realized this meant there were black/poor people in the hotel. This isn't hard to figure out. Travel has plummeted, especially among comfortable upper middle class folk, the hotel industry is hard hit, and there are deals to be had on rooms.

The idea that poors staying at a hotel in Asheville suggests some kind of insidious plot or something is some extremely scared facebook boomer *****
CSTXAg92
AG
ChiefKiefton said:

My job involves managing social media and reviews for hotels. Big ones like Atlanta Marriott Marquis and many like it. This is absolutely happening. I see it everyday in their guest surveys and TripAdvisor reviews.
TexAgs knows stuff indeed!
techno-ag
AG
Had a relative in one of the San Antonio Marriots last week. Red Cross is now housing refugees in hotels instead of churches or other large venues because of Covid. The place was filled with hurricane refugees from Beaumont & South Louisiana.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

SeaAg010607
They are there to "Vote". Where do you all think the fraudulent votes come from? Someone steals them from the post office / etc. and they take them to these hotels and let these idiots fill them out. Then they all just disappear. Early voting starts real soon.
annie88
AG
Agsrback12 said:

That sounds true to me. Not sure why you make a big deal out of it.

I just got an email and got hooked up with a Nigerian Prince. I'm about to have eff you money.

I think people got off on the wrong track here. I understand the cheaper rates so it's attracting different people but the part that interested me was when they were "here to make it right".

That's leading to believe it's more paid people (Soros) to be violent. Now it could just mean for people that are viewing this as more equality in going to nicer places but that's not how I took it. I took it to mean we're here for a mission to make things right through violence.
annie88
AG

When I first read this I thought we were talking about antifa street brawler types, I should have read between the lines and realized this meant there were black/poor people in the hotel. This isn't hard to figure out. Travel has plummeted, especially among comfortable upper middle class folk, the hotel industry is hard hit, and there are deals to be had on rooms.

The idea that poors staying at a hotel in Asheville suggests some kind of insidious plot or something is some extremely scared facebook boomer *****

You missed the entire point of the post. Look at the end of the comments were here to make it right is not a comment that people make just because they can get cheaper deals.
Andrew99
AG
First mention of black people on this thread was by a poster condemning people for attacking black people.
ArmyAg2002
AG
TarponChaser said:

Maybe they are but this feels like a crazy aunt's forwarded email hoax. The Biltmore is in Asheville, North Carolina which is sort of like a mini-Austin. Very hippy-dippy, granola lib types. It's a tourist/vacation spot, not a business spot.

I was thinking the same thing. Even if you had business on Asheville, there is no reason to stay at the Biltmore it is not conveient to the area in town where business would br done.

Maybe they write a travel blog?
Actual Talking Thermos
annie88 said:

You missed the entire point of the post. Look at the end of the comments were here to make it right is not a comment that people make just because they can get cheaper deals.
Like many in this thread, I do not believe the silly unattributed chain letter in the OP is a credible account of anything that actually happened to anyone.
BigFred
This thread sounds like what I would hear at poor man's country club.

Real money stay at the Ritz Carlton at 595 / night. I dont think they are having these "thug" type problems.

In summary. Step your game up.

gonemaroon
AG
Heard the same from a buddy of mine that his wife works in a nice store on Rodeo Drive - they have non-typical clients circulating through the stores to intimidate other customers. Some of them have massive amounts of cash - not credit.
gonemaroon
AG
Nope can confirm we had a straight up drug dealer staying where I stay last month. Rented a place, music blasting 24/7 and hoes coming in and out. Very not typical - for this place. It's a 1K a night or higher - and he's renting a place that's probably 3-4K a night - like I said it's literally not typical at all.
BigFred
gonemaroon said:

Rented a place, music blasting 24/7 and hoes coming in and out.
Lol - What was that address again?
Urban Ag
AG
jpb1999 said:

Was t there a poster here that the same thing happened to him? Forgot who it was. Said they had to check out and go elsewhere...
That was me. The wife and I bailed. It was that bad. Orlando area. And to the above post about Vegas I'll say this Sans a couple of years when the kids were really little, the wife and I have hit Vegas about twice a year for two decades. I've never seen it like it was last month when we went. Thug central.
techno-ag
AG
Anybody been on a cruise out of Galveston in recent years? Nevermind it's $2,000/person. You see folks who look and act less than appropriate. The middle class has been increasingly encroaching on vacation territory once considered too expensive for the hoi polloi.

/Read in the voice of Mr. Howell on Gilligan's Island.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.