Donald Trump Town Hall on ABC at 8PM

30,005 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Get Off My Lawn
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgResearch said:

This is the most empathetic I have ever seen Trump. That was very touching and he really came from the heart at the beginning of his answer.

I would say that this side of Trump is not shown on purpose to push the narrative that he is a cold non sympathetic person
Barnyard96
AG
Sex Panther said:

So whenever Trump does well they just cut to a commercial? What a joke
Yes, but this time with a sucker punch "but is it being done safe"
agsalaska
AG
barnyard1996 said:

90% of the country's mind is made up. There are 10% undecided voters.

Those voters are seeing a man that is willing to go in hostile territory and take questions.

I know the venue is unfair and frustrating, but I really think this shows the contrast between a leader and Basement Joe.

10% are not undecided. Not even close. Less than half of that are undecided.
Barnyard96
AG
Somebody at ABC just got fired. Joe is struggling with the latin vote and they just handed that segment to DJT.
TAMU1990
AG
Trump did a good job with her. I felt sorry for her but you can tell she wants to be an American. May God bless her and her American dream.
L08
AgResearch said:

Another male, white Trump voter. Surprise, surprise they only selected certain people for him.
Called him Mr. Trump. Doubt he really voted for him.
Get Off My Lawn
AgResearch said:

This is the most empathetic I have ever seen Trump. That was very touching and he really came from the heart at the beginning of his answer.

Touching moments like that can really move people toward a candidate and this was probably the first time he's had an intimate chance to make that type of connection.
They're going to kick themselves for giving him that opportunity to humanize himself. Would have liked a bit more focus on the immigration element, along with a call out that he needs Nancy to get it done, but it's easy to critique from the comfort of my porch.
Bighunter43
AG
I still don't think this was a good idea.....but I can say this, he's done pretty good in an overly hostile environment and has handled himself professionally with the people asking questions and even with George's constant interruptions and badgering!!
Barnyard96
AG
agsalaska said:

barnyard1996 said:

Those voters are seeing a man that is willing to go in hostile territory and take questions.

I know the venue is unfair and frustrating, but I really think this shows the contrast between a leader and Basement Joe.

Thank you, Mr Rasmussen.
agsalaska
AG
barnyard1996 said:

agsalaska said:

barnyard1996 said:

Thank you, Mr Rasmussen.

Your welcome. Anything I can do to help
Get Off My Lawn
As always, the "undecided voter" isnt nearly as important as which side turns out.
AgResearch
AG
And George interrupts a good answer to take Trump off the message at the end.
Bonfire1996
AG
Trump gets a warm up on potential debate questions, gets to learn what works, and gets to learn what doesn't.

He was already going to destroy Biden. Now he is going to bury him.
TAMU1990
AG
I think the debates will make more people undecided (meaning voting Biden but not too sure after watching them).
ABATTBQ87
AG
Great answer Mr President we're out of time

Goodnight
FDT 1999
AG
I bet ABC wishes they hadn't done that townhall.
AgResearch
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Trump gets a warm up on potential debate questions, gets to learn what works, and gets to learn what doesn't.

He was already going to destroy Biden. Now he is going to bury him.
Very good point. I'm sure his team is analyzing social media reactions to each question/topic to craft the message, rebuttals, and attacks going into the debate.
texsn95
AG
AgResearch said:

What was it? I just switched over to Laura Ingraham real quick and missed it
Barnyard96
AG
Anybody more excited about a debate? I certainly am.

Could be Trump's motive for doing this.
maroonblood
AG
Trump talks truth. "Let's take a quick break". This is comical.
AgResearch
AG
That was a good tune up prior to the debate in 2 weeks. Shows what the media attacks will be and he didn't really tip his hand on responses to Biden (i.e. he didn't say anything that he hasn't already).
Bighunter43
AG
Right on cue:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/key-takeaways-president-donald-trumps-town-hall-pennsylvania/story?id=73005087&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed
oysterbayAG
AG
Trump showed why he is the Chairman Of The Board and little Georgie showed that he is the Mail Room Clerk !
Barnyard96
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Right on cue:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/key-takeaways-president-donald-trumps-town-hall-pennsylvania/story?id=73005087&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

so much context here

Quote:

"Could you have done more to stop it?" Stephanopoulos asked Trump for the last question of the town hall.

"I don't think so," the president responded.
AgResearch
AG
texsn95 said:

AgResearch said:

Lady asked what has been hardest part of his term and what he has learned from it.

He obviously talked about Covid and was getting through the question when George jumped him to as "well what did you learn" took Trump off the flow of his answer as he pivoted to George's interjection. Then that was the end of the Town Hall. Just an awkward ending.
mazzag
AG
texsn95 said:

AgResearch said:

Lady asked about hardest part of being president. Trump says chyna virus. How it's destroyed lives, friends that have died and how his admin reacted to save lives. George "could you have done more!"
Bighunter43
AG
They didn't waste any time in getting these out:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-abc-news-town-hall-fact-checking-presidents/story?id=73030890&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_hero_hed
Barnyard96
AG
AgResearch said:

texsn95 said:

AgResearch said:

Lady asked what has been hardest part of his term and what he has learned from it.

He obviously talked about Covid and was getting through the question when George jumped him to as "well what did you learn" took Trump off the flow of his answer as he pivoted to George's interjection. Then that was the end of the Town Hall. Just an awkward ending.
Yes, but he answered the "what have you learned" question very eloquently.

"I learned how fragile life really is"

TAMU1990
AG
Laura is going to talk about it next too.

This town hall just highlighted their weaknesses - George didn't talk about the attacks by the mobs in the cities, marches in some suburbs (or allowed questions about them). Just like the convention - no discussion on the violence, Antifa, Marxists, etc. Trump HAS TO bring this up in the debates and hammer them with it.
AgResearch
AG
barnyard1996 said:

AgResearch said:

texsn95 said:

AgResearch said:

Yes, but he answered the "what have you learned" question very eloquently.

"I learned how fragile life really is"

True he did answer well. Just made for an awkward ending as I was expecting a little wrap up at the end rather than the abrupt end.
IDaggie06
AG
The media bias is truly unbelievable. If he wins, the next four years of Trump will be so glorious. He will not have to hold anything back.
milner79
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Biden can't be interviewed by Cardi B without prompts and still can't manage to get through a coherent thought.
... not that would be of any consequence in a Harris-Biden administration ...
La Bamba
AG
I thought Trump ended that townhall pretty well. Last 3 or 4 segments he did well.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Trump needs to make an offer that Harris and Biden can debate him at the same time since she'll be in charge anyway.
Cheetah01
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Trump needs to make an offer that Harris and Biden can debate him at the same time since she'll be in charge anyway.

That would be hilarious!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.