Just Noticed Something New on Google Reviews

3,914 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BQ78
Ags4DaWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was looking at restaurants. The wife was wanting to go to Boston Market for some reason (we haven't been in over 5 years- whatever)

Was scrolling down the reviews after looking up Boston Markets Near Me.

At the bottom under the descriptors it had the parking situation, telephone, address, website link and the moniker LGBTQ FRIENDLY.

When the hell did that start being a thing on google reviews?

The world has gone full ******.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Wtf does that even mean?

Are they bragging that one of their cashiers has seen one up close?
“Picture a black girl that joe biden wants to sniff”

-The Debt
annie88
AG
Well see restaurants are homophobic and they will try to actively poison anybody from the gay community when they eat thee. So if they're LGBT-labeled friendly it's OK.

/somedumbasslib
Beerosch
AG
Just wait a little longer until they have pedo friendly restaurants
TChaney
Beerosch said:

Wasn't that covered with Pizzagate with the triangle and other symbols?
Frok
AG
It means it's not Chik-Fil-A
DallasAg 94
YouBet
AG
If a restaurant doesn't have that moniker the gaydars installed over the entrance alert workers to you if you are gay. You are then immediately hooded and whisked away to one of Trumps Death Camps.
Maroon Dawn
AG
"We've carefully poured over the tax receipts of everyone working there from cashiers to CEO to make sure none of them have ever donated any of their private, personal money to either a Republican Candidate for office or a Christian Charity that actually follows the word of Christ. Employing such a bigot would of course make the company itself a deeply problematic place that openly encourages homophobia and therefore not LGBT friendly"
Old Army Metal
AG
And this is a bad thing?

You want businesses to be able to refuse service to gay people, but not for it to be an advertising point.
TexAgs91
AG
What about "MAGA Friendly"?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
hairloom
Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

You want businesses to be able to refuse service to gay people, but not for it to be an advertising point.
It's not a bad thing, but wgas? Does the owner of the restaurant feel gay people aren't welcome at most restaurants?
zoneag
Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

Which businesses refuse service to gay people? ETA- this is probably a way to label businesses that are Christian, which would explain your support for the labeling.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing, but wgas? Does the owner of the restaurant feel gay people aren't welcome at most restaurants?

I think you provided your own answer for this entire thread. WGAS?
Old Army Metal
AG
hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

They're not welcome at some restaurants. Would be useful to know which ones beforehand if possible.

If I owned a restaurant I'd rather it be chock full of gay people than a single family with children.

Also, that's capitalism. Make yourself appealing to as many people as possible. Like it it not, we now live in an age where advertising yourself as LGBT friendly will gain you more customers than you lose. Except in some poorer or deep red parts of the country.
Romello
Lgbq whatever was and is a trial ballon exercise in testing out how far these radicals can push their agenda down the throats of everyday Americans. LGBTQ today, progressive friendly, anti-hate only, no Repubs allowed in the near future.. As Rush would say, don't doubt me.
pfo
AG
It means a portion of your check goes to the Democrat party. Check your receipts. Yesterday our Academy charge had money being changed to us for BLM and Covid. We refused to pay either charge and they took them off. Most people don't look, but we do now.
Old Army Metal
AG
zoneag said:

Which businesses refuse service to gay people?

Apparently some bakers are super opposed to it for some reason. Usually "Christians."
Quote:

ETA- this is probably a way to label businesses that are Christian, which would explain your support for the labeling.

ETA?

Being Christian is not the same as being homophobic.
TyHolden
AG
Beerosch said:

any restaurant in Hollywood or DC...
aggiejayrod
AG
Old Army Metal said:

hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

They're not welcome at some restaurants.

Bull ****
hairloom
That_Guy_Moose said:

hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

I think you provided your own answer for this entire thread. WGAS?
I agree. Wgas if they post this. Wgas if it is a review. Wgas of I, you, or anyone else eats there. Wgas all the way around. Is the food worth a **** or not?
Old Army Metal
AG
aggiejayrod said:

Old Army Metal said:

hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

Bull ****

Oh, well when you put it that way ...
geoag58
AG
Maybe they subtlety letting you know not to send your children to the bathroom by themselves.
hairloom
Old Army Metal said:

hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

They're not welcome at some restaurants. Would be useful to know which ones beforehand if possible.

If I owned a restaurant I'd rather it be chock full of gay people than a single family with children.

Also, that's capitalism. Make yourself appealing to as many people as possible. Like it it not, we now live in an age where advertising yourself as LGBT friendly will gain you more customers than you lose. Except in some poorer or deep red parts of the country.
This is just dumbass pandering, but do whatever you like.
aggiejayrod
AG
Old Army Metal said:

aggiejayrod said:

Old Army Metal said:

hairloom said:

Old Army Metal said:

And this is a bad thing?

Bull ****

Oh, well when you put it that way ...

Even your stupid example above about the cake bakers was stupid. You know why? Because the gay couple were regular customers for years. The bakers didn't care that they were gay. They didn't want to bake a cake specifically for a gay wedding but otherwise the couple was welcome
zoneag
Old Army Metal said:

zoneag said:

Apparently some bakers are super opposed to it for some reason. Usually "Christians."
Quote:

ETA- this is probably a way to label businesses that are Christian, which would explain your support for the labeling.

ETA?

The baker does not refuse service to gay people. They refused to craft items that specifically require them to violate sincerely held religious beliefs. Pretty sure the activists that targeted them had been longtime customers and known by the owner to be gay. But you already knew this.
Old Army Metal
AG
Oh! I forgot about chick-fil-a! They're not lgbt friendly.

Maybe it's not necessarily 100% about the way the customers are treated but also about what they do with the money once they get it.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
zoneag said:

Old Army Metal said:

zoneag said:

Quote:

ETA?

The baker does not refuse service to gay people. They refused to craft items that specifically require them to violate sincerely held religious beliefs. Pretty sure the activists that targeted them had been longtime customers and known by the owner to be gay. But you already knew this.

This is misleading. The case that was brought before the Supreme Court was denial of service for a gay wedding cake.

It was a following lawsuit where they refused to bake a cake for a gender transition that was blue on the outside and pink on the inside (which isn't exactly lewd).
BigRobSA
Old Army Metal said:

Maybe it's not necessarily 100% about the way the customers are treated but also about what they do with the money once they get it.
How are they not gay/etc friendly?

That's one of the more idiotic things said on here in quite awhile.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
NonReg85
AG
Old Army Metal said:

They give to FCA. Oh the horror.
zoneag
That_Guy_Moose said:

zoneag said:

Old Army Metal said:

zoneag said:

Quote:

ETA?

This is misleading. The case that was brought before the Supreme Court was denial of service for a gay wedding cake.

It was a following lawsuit where they refused to bake a cake for a gender transition that was blue on the outside and pink on the inside (which isn't exactly lewd).
How is that misleading? They refused to craft specialty items that violate their 1st amendment rights. Should a black owned bakery be forced to make a cake that says "All lives matter", or "The south should have won"?

What's misleading is OAM above claiming they "refuse service to gays".
bmks270
AG
I forget the site, might be google or yelp, but it has some kind of indication of trans-friendly bathrooms.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
My fault, I misread. I thought you were suggesting that the owner refused because some feature of the cake violated his religious beliefs, not the service itself.

Either way the SC agreed with you.
BigRobSA
bmks270 said:

I forget the site, might be google or yelp, but it has some kind of indication of trans-friendly bathrooms.
Every restaurant in existence has "trans-friendly bathrooms".

There's not some bathroom brownshirt planted in front of them making sure dicks go into the men's and hatchet wounds go into the wimmenz.

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Ciboag96
Yeah, but is it Southeastern Peruvian Alpaca Herder friendly? Wouldn't want to go somewhere that's anti-POAs (People of Alpacas) If you're into the braided knit caps thang.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.